Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Well now I've gotta see that at least once before I die.

please no
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So are we at full strength. Cordy for Gardener is a Lick. But no Schacky, Suckling or Lin Jon. Do these three make us a better side or has the Game gone past them.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    So are we at full strength. Cordy for Gardener is a Lick. But no Schacky, Suckling or Lin Jon. Do these three make us a better side or has the Game gone past them.
    Lin Jong still a few weeks away. Cordy, Duryea and Suckling playing in the Saturday scratch match
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, we're not at full strength just yet but we're getting pretty close.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayes has limitations but Lippa has been poor recently.
    Dicko is class and will play well.

I reckon we’re stronger this week than last. Not full strength but really only Cordy the clear best 22 missing now - and even he got off to a poor start this season.

Honestly, we need to win and we have the team chosen to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think Hayes for Lipinski is a good move. Lipa doesn't have the pace to go with a Mitch Duncan or Guthrie. Hayes will need to do a good job.

Great to see Dicko again. We need his goalkicking. His inclusion could really unlock some space for our other forwards. Geelong will ignore Dicko at their peril. He only needs 4or 5 good possessions to hurt really hurt them.
    Great points that I was too blinded by the red mist selection night always seems to give me to make myself.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sold on Dickson. Where's the continuity it seems such a weird selection at this point of the season. Don't get me wrong I love Dicko, but what are we saying with this choice? I thought Cavarra had done enough to maintain his spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson over Cavarra is very much a side being picked to win games instead of develop. As opposed to earlier in the year where we experimented a bit this is the best side we can put out there this week. Cavarra may have a future, he may not, but Dickson is a much better option based on known form thus far.

Hayes i am happy to see being given a run, although cannot believe we have waited this long. I love Lipinski and that he is one of the few players in our side who can finish well, but I think Hayes was a competent player by the end of last season and potentially can fill a role more than being a high half forward who floats in and out of the game and loses crucial contests.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Dickson over Cavarra is very much a side being picked to win games instead of develop. As opposed to earlier in the year where we experimented a bit this is the best side we can put out there this week. Cavarra may have a future, he may not, but Dickson is a much better option based on known form thus far.

Hayes i am happy to see being given a run, although cannot believe we have waited this long. I love Lipinski and that he is one of the few players in our side who can finish well, but I think Hayes was a competent player by the end of last season and potentially can fill a role more than being a high half forward who floats in and out of the game and loses crucial contests.
    Yes I agree with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

+2 to this.

Hayes by the end of last season looked like someone who could really break into our team, huge tank, tackle pressure, and ran both direction. Also from memory, pretty damn decent set shot as well.

We were just saving Dickson for our finals run, unleash the beast when we need him the most
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haye's is ordinary and hasn't the skills by hand or foot that Lipinski has - but he's a grinder and a runner etc. This change is as big a shot across the bow of a relatively young and relatively established player as I've seen for a while. To me it's welcome, let's see how we all react in 20 hours from now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Haye's is ordinary and hasn't the skills by hand or foot that Lipinski has - but he's a grinder and a runner etc. This change is as big a shot across the bow of a relatively young and relatively established player as I've seen for a while. To me it's welcome, let's see how we all react in 20 hours from now.
    Pat's defensive efforts have bene extremely poor recently, just gets brushed by way too many times.. he needs to seriously toughen up if he's to forge a good career because he's already behind the 8-ball with his lack of leg speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Pat's defensive efforts have bene extremely poor recently, just gets brushed by way too many times.. he needs to seriously toughen up if he's to forge a good career because he's already behind the 8-ball with his lack of leg speed.
    100% accurate

He can also learn to 'crack in' in a bit more too
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

If we are to make finals and if we are to win a final/finals, we need Dickson up and running. Everyone else we have tried there this season hasn't worked for one reason or another. So if we are to contend at all we need Dickson. I think the timing is right for him to come in.

I'm not very keen on Hayes but still happy enough to see him get another crack at it. Hopefully he doesn't get the nervous fumbles. It looks to me that he has been given a task that the MC have zero confidence in Lippa being able to do.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

17. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post