Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Out; English
    In; Sweet
    Timmy's gotta work through this, for better or worse.
    He's either going to be the player we think he is, or he's not.
    Yes, he's young, and got a way to go. But we're only going to find his ceiling by playing him in games like this Friday's.

We have proven we can mitigate effectively when he's not working in the ruck, let's roll the dice this week. I think ruck is an area where Geelong are not dominant. English v Blicavs ( when he takes his turn) yes please.
    Tim's gotta lick his lips at that prospect

Post Thanks / Like

Thought we missed a great opportunity to rest English this week. Like others have said Trengove or Sweet in this week. Hopefully Sweet gets a run at it. English has been cooked for a few weeks now and just can’t seem to jump at the moment. Gardner will get a crack at Hawkins which is a bit scary but I believe he is athletic enough to go with him. Will be either surprising or really ugly. Must limit the good supply to Hawkins. With Keath and Gardner we have two options and they don’t seem to play to big in their forward line. Would like to see Cordy on the bench for backup in defence. Not sure who comes out. Richards was quiet but I like what he brings. Maybe a week off for him

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner looked...dare I say it...composed yesterday (relatively speaking) Think they’re seeing some reward for persistence.

Bruce contributed more in the ruck than up forward and vice versa English. Which is the more sustainable?
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

On the ruck nonsese; I reckon it was as much an indication of what we think of Preuss (and the Adelaide midfield the week previous) as much as anything, and both those groups did nothing but validate our opinions of them if this was the case. If I was a Dees supporter I would already be over having lost the game because I would have accepted the Dees being a pathetic mess as a fact of life, but on the off chance I wasn't then I would be furious with Preuss' effort yesterday.

We might the same strategy against the Cats, but if we try this against Nicnat then Bevo needs to be institutionalised.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We might the same strategy against the Cats, but if we try this against Nicnat then Bevo needs to be institutionalised.
    That is funny - Surely he wouldn't
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Ade vs Geelong game at the moment, if they play like this next week we’re in with a real good chance.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Watching the Ade vs Geelong game at the moment, if they play like this next week we’re in with a real good chance.
    Had a bit of a look at this game too. Agree Vred. We need a mix of tackle beasts and speed and we could win, especially if our mids get on top with the clearances. Cats playing some tall players alongside Hawkins. Is this normal or are they sound a dress rehearsal for us next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Had a bit of a look at this game too. Agree Vred. We need a mix of tackle beasts and speed and we could win, especially if our mids get on top with the clearances. Cats playing some tall players alongside Hawkins. Is this normal or are they sound a dress rehearsal for us next week?
    Our mids can really hurt them. Control Hawkins and a couple of others and we will be a great chance to knock them over
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Of course we can. But we need to make a couple of choices with regards locking down a prime mover (or two - maybe one inside and one outside). I don't want a shoot-out with the Cats...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

IN: Lewis Young
    OUT: Josh Bruce

I would also love to see Dickson in the team but Wallis is playing his role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Of course we can. But we need to make a couple of choices with regards locking down a prime mover (or two - maybe one inside and one outside). I don't want a shoot-out with the Cats...
    I really rate Mitch Duncan. I think he flies under the radar a bit. Sublime footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I really rate Mitch Duncan. I think he flies under the radar a bit. Sublime footballer.
    Yep, he's a dead set gun. Just hurts the opposition with every possession, he's similar to Jack Macrae but more dangerous with ball in hand.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Which players would you be looking to lock down on and who would you be using in those roles?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Libba is the only one strong enough and quick enough in close to limit Dangerfield. I'd be going with Macrae on Dunkin.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't sure where to put this but found some footage from the scratch match last week.

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/7...tch-v-bulldogs

Obviously not much that can be taken from another team's highlights but it does show Trengove losing a bad contest, Butler with a horrible turnover and Hayes appearing to do a hammy. So there's something in it I guess. Would be nice if the club could document our players doing good stuff in these matches on video too since there's obviously someone there with a camera.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -