Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Hawthorn 2020

The team is good. I would really like to see a convincing performance where we get goals from clean entries and don't leak goals over the back. If we are going to do anything in September other than make up the numbers now is the time to signal that we are fair dinkum.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

A touch nervous that we’re bringing in 2 older players without much/any game time behind them, we saw how destructive a couple of in game injuries were against Geelong.

Fingers crossed they get through unscathed.

Where does Duryea play? I’m assuming he goes back, so does that mean one of JJ/Daniel/Williams moves up the ground?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

How long can we keep carrying Richards? His pace is nice but he gets 5 touches a game and is a passenger after the first quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    How long can we keep carrying Richards? His pace is nice but he gets 5 touches a game and is a passenger after the first quarter.
    Should have been given a spell weeks ago. What’s the point of speed if you use it to run away from where the ball is?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Carrying quite a few more on top of that. Some seem to get way more time than others. I'd still have Dale as a starter but seems like he's joined the doghouse club with Shache and Lewis Young.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a concern that we keep playing players without a lot of solid play behind them. Richards hasn't had a a lot of good games this year but we have persevered with him. With a bit of luck today he repays the faith
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Richards hasn't had a a lot of good games this year but we have persevered with him. With a bit of luck today he repays the faith
    Richards has played some good games at Adelaide Oval, so hopefully we see that today too.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    A touch nervous that we’re bringing in 2 older players without much/any game time behind them, we saw how destructive a couple of in game injuries were against Geelong.

Fingers crossed they get through unscathed.

Where does Duryea play? I’m assuming he goes back, so does that mean one of JJ/Daniel/Williams moves up the ground?
    I've got a nervous feeling about this one. For some reason I think Clarkson is going to do everything he can to get them up for a good performance today given the byplay between he and Bevo in the media due to his influence over the HTB rule interpretation change mid year, and that we made them look silly in a quarter last year in a game that essentially kept them out of finals. Spiteful little shit that he is.

Plus as you say, bringing in two older players with dodgy injury history this year could spell trouble.

I think we'll roll four of seven through defence with only the taller players being constant pillars, unless one of the smaller types have a specific job. Hopefully we're not being too clever.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.