Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Hawthorn 2020

Is it time to trial the 3 tall forwards and bring in Schache? He’s the best 2nd ruck option we have and can enjoy a bit more space at Adelaide Oval.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with Bevo's tactics of keeping a young player on the bench for a significant amount of time. How does that help development?

If he is not good enough don't play him the first place or else he has to continue to learn on the field surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I disagree with Bevo's tactics of keeping a young player on the bench for a significant amount of time. How does that help development?

If he is not good enough don't play him the first place or else he has to continue to learn on the field surely.
    Maybe he was told what to do, didn't do it at all, and then was instructed to watch how it was done.

Or maybe he was tight and he doesn't have the profile for it to be mentioned.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Maybe he was told what to do, didn't do it at all, and then was instructed to watch how it was done.

Or maybe he was tight and he doesn't have the profile for it to be mentioned.
    Has worked well with Schache too.

Post Thanks / Like

Has worked well with Schache too.
    Yeah I don't know. If I was to guess it was because he was tight, but who knows.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

This.

My guess is Hayes is done for the season like Schache before him. Hayes isn't a real fav amongst the supporters so this is not real worrying news for many. I'm not a fan of it. Benched for the entire last quarter was he? That is pretty ordinary. I hope there was something else to it and not a doghouse benching, it speaks pretty poorly if it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    This.

My guess is Hayes is done for the season like Schache before him. Hayes isn't a real fav amongst the supporters so this is not real worrying news for many. I'm not a fan of it. Benched for the entire last quarter was he? That is pretty ordinary. I hope there was something else to it and not a doghouse benching, it speaks pretty poorly if it is.
    We don't know the reason for it.
    Having said that, if he wasn't injured, then what would be the most likely explanation?
    I did see Bevo on the bench giving instruction to Hayes, I think in the first half? Maybe Hayes didn't do what was instructed? At some stage as a coach you've got to set a standard.. and if a player refuses to follow instruction and that instruction could potentially jeopardise your game plan, well then take an extended seat young man.
    I heard Dermie talk about Goodwin, saying he's a great bloke, but allows his charges to get away withour repercussions when they fail to adhere to non-negotiable team standards, and that he needs to 'risk losing the players' by getting ruthless on punishing any non-adherence to important standards.

Now I don't know if what Dermie said is true or not, but I do think there is something about enforcing non-negotiables..especially if failure to follow one, some or all, puts a result at risk.
    Hayes may well have been injured too, although Bevo said post-game that we looked to have come through unscathed.

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I did see Bevo on the bench giving instruction to Hayes, I think in the first half.
    It was just before 3/4 time
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be shocked if Suckling doesn't come in, given his scratch match write-up and Bevo's trust in him. Lipinski also got a bit of praise in the scratchie report (so did 'ball of muscle' Billy Gowers but I'm ignoring that).

I would be happy with something like:

In: Suckling, Lipinski, Schache
    Out: Hayes or Roarke, Richards, Lloyd

Lipinski can take a wing, Suckling can enter the forward rotation and Schache can be the high-leading hit up connection that we have been missing.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I've read the match report from the scratchie I've changed my selections :

In : Taylor Duryea, Patrick "DA BOM" Gowers.
    Out : Smith, any mid.

*BOM - Ball of muscle.

Don't at me.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache would be an ideal in this week. What does the guy have to do?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Schache would be an ideal in this week. What does the guy have to do?
    Nobody knows but apparently it's *not* kick goals, so we won't be wanting any more of this business.

BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Nobody knows but apparently it's *not* kick goals, so we won't be wanting any more of this business.

I mentioned this game in the West Coast MC thread. He kicked at least two of those goals whilst playing second ruck.

I think he is an ideal second ruck/Fwd
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I mentioned this game in the West Coast MC thread. He kicked at least two of those goals whilst playing second ruck.

I think he is an ideal second ruck/Fwd
    Agree. Perhaps MC think it’s Bruce or Schache, but not both.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t be structuring up with 3 developing / struggling key position forwards.

I’ve been patient with Josh Bruce but he has lost touch with the basics with even his handball lacking any precision or subtlety. Hopefully he can find some touch before the season ends but it in the meantime, and on merit, I’d prefer the MC provides Schache with an opportunity with Naughton.