Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 17 Vs Hawthorn 2020

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We won, didn’t we? We held out in the end. Seems the right guys were out there.

I’d personally much prefer to win than, maybe, develop Hayes a little teeny bit more. It’s the AFL. Results matter.
    Completely agree but we could have lost being down 1 rotation , we offered it up as an excuse against Geelong. I just wouldn’t play him in the first place, imagine if we had of lost that game question would have been asked. Near miss for mine no need to take the risk when the margins are that minimal.

2. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yeah fair point. You just hear so much about rotations and their importance, and the coaches were pretty vocal against capping them. I found it a little odd. To be honest I didn't even realise until I read it on here he wasnt playing it was too nerve racking.
    Ralph Wiggins......I'm pedalling backwards!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Grantysghost, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Completely agree but we could have lost being down 1 rotation , we offered it up as an excuse against Geelong. I just wouldn’t play him in the first place, imagine if we had of lost that game question would have been asked. Near miss for mine no need to take the risk when the margins are that minimal.
    How do you reconcile the fact that the coach was seriously instructing him prior to the last break? Was that view something that made you go, jeez, this guy is being maligned?

Bad coaches who don't care bench you and don't talk to you.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood has been ruled out this week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wood has been ruled out this week
    Wood have been crazy to rush him back this week.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The defence did a rock solid job last week, no need to meddle with it.

Unless there is injury, I can't see how Wood slots back in tbh.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Link here

Western Bulldogs defender Easton Wood will not line up in Sunday's crucial game against Hawthorn.

Wood injured his hamstring against Geelong in round 14 and was a test for this week. However, the club will play it safe with the former skipper.

"He'll have another week off," Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said of Wood.

The Bulldogs will not be forced into any changes through injury this week, but Patrick Lipinski and Matt Suckling pushed their case for selection after strong performances in a scratch match against Gold Coast last week.

After St Kilda's loss to West Coast on Thursday night, the Bulldogs can seal a finals berth with wins in their last two games against the Hawks and Fremantle.

Drop one of those, however, and the calculations become far more complicated. The Dogs would be in a race with Collingwood, GWS, St Kilda, Melbourne and potentially even Carlton for the last three berths in the top eight.

The Dogs have one of the shortest injury lists in the competition, but Beveridge says that keeping list sizes relatively stable is one of the key parts the League needs to consider if they want to add more games to the fixture next season.

"If we're going to continue to explore more games and some condensed periods of the season then why don't we just go the whole hog and play 34 games?" Beveridge said.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The defence did a rock solid job last week, no need to meddle with it.

Unless there is injury, I can't see how Wood slots back in tbh.
    With 2 talls in defence (Keath & Gardner) it means that Cordy, Crozier and Williams are playing as the medium sized defenders so Wood will need to displace one of them to return.

I'm still not sold on Gardner, actually far from it, but allowing Cordy to play as the 3rd tall is a much better structure for us and gives Zaine half a chance to compete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With 2 talls in defence (Keath & Gardner) it means that Cordy, Crozier and Williams are playing as the medium sized defenders so Wood will need to displace one of them to return.

I'm still not sold on Gardner, actually far from it, but allowing Cordy to play as the 3rd tall is a much better structure for us and gives Zaine half a chance to compete.
    Definitely not sold on Gardner, but I've never been a fan of Cordy as a dedicated key defender.

Crozier and WIlliams are locks and have more strings to their bow than both Wood & Cordy, so I really only see Wood and Cordy fighting it out for that remaining mid/third defender role.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not sold on Gardner, but I've never been a fan of Cordy as a dedicated key defender.

Crozier and WIlliams are locks and have more strings to their bow than both Wood & Cordy, so I really only see Wood and Cordy fighting it out for that remaining mid/third defender role.
    I agree although I think it's Gardner/Cordy/Wood fighting it out for 2 spots with matchups dictating the best mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I agree although I think it's Gardner/Cordy/Wood fighting it out for 2 spots with matchups dictating the best mix.
    Yeah, I can live with that. Certainly don't think all 3 can co-exist. Too limited in skill and decision making under pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Bevo's comments here, he makes it clear Gardner is here to stay (calls him a diamond in the rough) and gives the internet trolls a bit of a nudge.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Bevo's comments here, he makes it clear Gardner is here to stay (calls him a diamond in the rough) and gives the internet trolls a bit of a nudge.
    Gardner seems to be improving every week. Need to remember he is a tall so they take a bit longer and has played only around 10 games. Needs to put on a bit of bulk but he does move well and has good closing speed. Happy to give him a year in the gym and make a call at the end of next year. Can't see any reason he doesn't stay in the team for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Gardner seems to be improving every week. Need to remember he is a tall so they take a bit longer and has played only around 10 games. Needs to put on a bit of bulk but he does move well and has good closing speed. Happy to give him a year in the gym and make a call at the end of next year. Can't see any reason he doesn't stay in the team for the rest of the year.
    Keep an open mind, he's a fair chance of giving you a reason with two games left plus hopefully finals. It's a tough gig learning to adapt to a level and there's always a chance of a set back.

I guess it's the trend that's important. For instance you might comment that Gowers' trend has tracked one way, while Gardner's is tracking differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He does need some bulking up, as he doesn't look very strong. Must learn not to go to ground so easily