Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 18 Vs Fremantle Dockers 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Could’ve argued the same point for Cameron, but he was excellent on Charlie
    Great point
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Would he have a bit too much pace for Woody?
    Walters may have more agility - but I'd be surprised if Woody wasn't faster than Walters in straight line running.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great point
    This is why I would want him in. Was doing well in these roles before injury. Got De Goey/Butler and others potentially as match ups in week 1 as well.

Williams has been awful defensively (gives up goal side and over commits) the last couple of weeks and Crozier has leaked goals since he returned from injury minus the offensive impact. We need other options, Gary Rohan for example would not have done what he did if Wood was an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Williams has been awful defensively (gives up goal side and over commits) the last couple of weeks and Crozier has leaked goals since he returned from injury minus the offensive impact.
    Well...Bailey Smith was simply terrible when caught out deep vs Hawthorn and Lachie Hunter was possibly worse.

I am really unsure what we are asking them to do in D50 right now - the defenders don't seem to know, the mids 100% don't know...

Are we really making it all about i50 numbers and 'trying to score'?

(Yes, I know how stupid this sounds given we have basically stopped the opposition scoring for 10 out of the past 12 quarters (Geelong q4 and Haw q3).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the concept of West coming in for McClean. The conditions are set for West Jr or Senior.

I like others would replace Suckers for Wood. Greasy humidity is not going to suit Matt at all.

Then it comes down to Lippinski for R Smith. But i can’t see Bevo making three changes to a winning side. I on the other hand would go with three because if we loose it’s season over for us.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I like the concept of West coming in for McClean. The conditions are set for West Jr or Senior.

I like others would replace Suckers for Wood. Greasy humidity is not going to suit Matt at all.

Then it comes down to Lippinski for R Smith. But i can’t see Bevo making three changes to a winning side. I on the other hand would go with three because if we loose it’s season over for us.
    He's still a couple of weeks away with a groin injury
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's still a couple of weeks away with a groin injury
    Bugger. Oh well. Let’s bring his dad back for a run. He still looks in good Nic
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Bugger. Oh well. Let’s bring his dad back for a run. He still looks in good Nic
    Saw him at school pickup back in Feb he still looked in great shape! One of his kids is in the same class as one of mine, i always fanboy like crazy. Ive never seen anyone as committed to the footy as he was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Ive never seen anyone as committed to the footy as he was.
    Rhylee didn't fall too far from the tree where that is concerned.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs are likely to recall Pat Lipinski and premiership captain Easton Wood for Sunday night’s finals-shaper against Fremantle in Cairns.

The Bulldogs are arguably the AFL’s form team on the cusp of the finals and Wood only needs to train again on Friday to show he has overcome a hamstring strain, while Lipinski is favoured to replace Toby McLean (knee).

But the selection squeeze is on with no obvious candidate for the second omission due to the Dogs’ even spread of contributors.

The Bulldogs have 40 healthy players and it is likely that match committee will ultimately end up considering whether Matthew Suckling or Ed Richards should make way for Wood.

The Bulldogs sacked operations manager Ben Graham this week due to the reduced soft cap although Graham has remained in the hub and is set to see out the season.

Over the past five rounds the Bulldogs are 4-1, with their sole loss coming against Geelong in a game they led by 37 points during the second quarter.

From Rounds 12-17 the Dogs are also ranked No.1 for points (75.4), No.1 for points from stoppages (35.8), No.2 for inside 50 differential (+9.4), No.2 for contested possession differential (+13.6) and No.2 for clearance differential (+5.6).

There are green lights everywhere for coach Luke Beveridge’s team and the dominance is stemming from a midfield that is flying.

The charge took off when Beveridge’s pre-game boxing theme – where he showed black and white footage of the 1958 light-heavyweight championship fight – helped inspire his players against Melbourne.

Little man Caleb Daniel is in line for All-Australian selection while Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Bailey Smith will also be considered by selectors when they select the squad.

But the Dogs must down the Dockers to sew up a place in an elimination final.

Cairns has also thrown up some funky results with Melbourne dropping games against Sydney and Fremantle in driving rain and strong winds at Cazaly’s Stadium.

Mitch Wallis – who has been reborn as a high-marking forward in one of the coaching moves of the season – will celebrate his 150th match.

Link

12. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer Ed over Roarke or Suckling
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes SquirrelGrip, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s with the random Ben Graham mention?

Oh i see it’s the herald sun

16. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What’s with the random Ben Graham mention?

Oh i see it’s the herald sun
    I thought it was strange as well. Felt cut and pasted and didn't fit the narrative (which was noticably lacking anyway). High flying Mitch Wallis?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I thought it was strange as well. Felt cut and pasted and didn't fit the narrative (which was noticably lacking anyway). High flying Mitch Wallis?
    When Mitch is flying high the whole team is flying ....because they would be in a plane.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Even I can still get off the ground better than Mitch can! Some interesting actual statistics in that article though.

As for selection I'd be inclined to bring in Wood for Smith and have Duryea play the Smith role. It's a shame for Roarke as he's been pretty solid the past couple of weeks and deserves his spot.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.