Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nope, Caldwell - but it was a rumour

AFL Trade Insider
    @AFLTradeInsider

Dees or Dogs

Quote Tweet

David Brown
    @DavidDbbear
    Sep 15

Replying to @AFLTradeInsider
    Jye Caldwell from GWS to where?

Lol, that is probably a 12 year old on school holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Might be Coopers little brother.

All the media has suggested Essendon or the Saints I think. He was a saints fan growing up so that means he'll go there for free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Would we have any interest in Polec? I honestly don't know the pros and cons about him as a player but from what I've seen he can certainly play. If Norf cough up some of his salary I can see him sitting on a wing opposite Hunter. You have to wonder though what the reasons are that the Kangas are keen to move him on.
    Hunter runs both ways, Polec doesn't run defensively.
    It's why he's about to be given away cheaply to a fourth club. Talented but coaches want players to work hard both ways.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    1120 followers.

Once rumoured to be Barrett, but who knows.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Talented but coaches want players to work hard both ways.
    Well...COACH him then...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well...COACH him then...
    That assumes he hasn't been?
    His problems at Brisbane and Port are again evident at North, and he was dropped more than once this year.

I don't think it's an innate part of his game and if North are willing to trade him out in a year where they are screaming out for talent after delisting 11 players and potentially trading out two others (arguably 2 of their best 4 performers over the past 4 years in Brown and Higgins) they are likely to have exhausted most, if not all, of their other options.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Well...COACH him then...
    When you give a guy a role, he refuses it, you drop him for not accepting instructions, he (allegedly) throws an even bigger hissy fit in response, then I'm not sure what coaching can really do.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Well...COACH him then...
    Oh that probably never occurred to them.
    "It's over. It's all over."

11. Likes azabob, jeemak, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That assumes he hasn't been?
    His problems at Brisbane and Port are again evident at North, and he was dropped more than once this year.

I don't think it's an innate part of his game and if North are willing to trade him out in a year where they are screaming out for talent after delisting 11 players and potentially trading out two others (arguably 2 of their best 4 performers over the past 4 years in Brown and Higgins) they are likely to have exhausted most, if not all, of their other options.
    This is obviously highly speculative given there has been no bread crumbs that would suggest it, but I wonder if comfortable Higgins has become problematic again or if he is just being cashed in while he has some value?

Post Thanks / Like

Well...COACH him then...
    Some players won't change, Polec has been at 3 clubs and seems to struggle with the requests to improve on his weaknesses

It will be interesting to see if can make a few changes to the way he plays.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Some players won't change, Polec has been at 3 clubs and seems to struggle with the requests to improve on his weaknesses

The money ball edict, don’t worry about his weaknesses work with his strengths.
    Higgins is a good example but you can only have one in your team if running both ways is the actual problem.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I think we need to calm down on the 3 club stuff...it isn’t like Brisbane showed him the door...his leaving (along with Yeo et al) cost Voss his job.

The challenge is he has been rewarded throughout his football life for playing a certain way - and that no longer aligns with what north want him to do. I feel they are truly tipping out the baby with the bath water then that points to a relationship breakdown, NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.
    Disagree. What if he's just selfish and doesn't want to defend? He'd hardly be the first.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to calm down on the 3 club stuff...it isn’t like Brisbane showed him the door...his leaving (along with Yeo et al) cost Voss his job.

The challenge is he has been rewarded throughout his football life for playing a certain way - and that no longer aligns with what north want him to do. I feel they are truly tipping out the baby with the bath water then that points to a relationship breakdown, NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.
    Perhaps I haven't provided enough clarity in my response
    The 3 clubs comment isn't a reflection on him it's more about your call that he needs to be coached.
    So given he has been at 3 clubs I'm backing he would have heard it from a few different voices over his career, the fact that there doesn't appear to be a lot of improvement goes to my point that some players will nod the head and say 'Yes Coach' but quickly revert back to their old ways. It's all a bit of a guess from me but if I was earning big money like some of the players I'd try and do my best to address the observations being made by the coach. We all have to adapt and be prepared to change

North who have performed poorly this year dropped him so he would be very aware of what he needs to work on. The message should be loud and clear. He's got a heap of talent and could be a good fit for another side if North aren't going to play him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Rory Atkins four year deal on the Gold Coast reported in The Age.