Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    My fear of English not being our number one ruckman for the next 10 years is the want of both Perth clubs offering him big bucks to go home. He needs to be our number one priority in the rucking department. If your proposal is to play English as number one ruck, use Goldstein as a back-up and a plonk him in a forward pocket (or something similar); then I"m all for it. If your proposal is to have Goldstein compete for the number one rucking postion week after week, then that's a hard NO from me.
    More like what St Kilda are doing with Marshall and Ryder. Both take turns at centre bounces, both spend time up froward, both fill gaps around the ground.

MJP has written about players developing rapidly when surrounded by quality players in the same position. I'd imagine learning from Goldy would do wonders for Timmy's ruck craft.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes The Pie Man, DOG GOD, Scraggers, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After recalling five veterans, the Hawks are on the verge of getting done by a mob broadly hailed as among the worst going around this century.

There'll never be a better time you'd think to enquire about Gunston, or Burgoyne, or anyone 27-and-over for that matter.

For all the recent debate around here re: Schache, I'd still gladly offer them him + sundry assets for Gunston who's good enough to remain effective despite the shit-show around him.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Crows fans seen more wins than most dogs fans this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Crows fans seen more wins than most dogs fans this season.
    To be fair that could be said for all VIC teams

Post Thanks / Like

Burgoyne looking a bit cooked tonight, unfortunately. I really like the idea of offering him a playing/coaching role but not sure if he has much left in the tank.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    To be fair that could be said for all VIC teams
    So jealous !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Burgoyne looking a bit cooked tonight, unfortunately. I really like the idea of offering him a playing/coaching role but not sure if he has much left in the tank.
    I think a coaching/Head of Indigenous programme/development role/player coaching role at Footscray if he should feel the need.

Give him all the roles. He is likely the link to finally getting some Indigenous talent picking us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

There'll never be a better time you'd think to enquire about Gunston, or Burgoyne, or anyone 27-and-over for that matter.

What about Jon Ceglar for a ruck stop gap. Can go forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Adam Saad still out of contract at Bombers. Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon went out and tried to bolster their team with some ready made players and one can argue they got the wrong players. I think Saad has been good for them, Devon Smith I don't rate at all, Stringer on reputation and proving he is an average player and Shiel I think is a good player, but he wasn't what they needed. Essendon really need some inside mids and it just goes to show if you are chasing players, you have to trade for need.

For us, I don't think we need an Adam Saad.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Essendon went out and tried to bolster their team with some ready made players and one can argue they got the wrong players. I think Saad has been good for them, Devon Smith I don't rate at all, Stringer on reputation and proving he is an average player and Shiel I think is a good player, but he wasn't what they needed. Essendon really need some inside mids and it just goes to show if you are chasing players, you have to trade for need.

For us, I don't think we need an Adam Saad.
    I know we have a glut of half back types but I really rate this guy, super elite speed to break the lines, great kick and decision maker. Can't have too many good players? He's current contract only 400k. He is worth a lot more than that. Be interesting to see how they manage to keep him. I assume Daniher will have a big say in their ability to re-sign guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we have a glut of half back types but I really rate this guy, super elite speed to break the lines, great kick and decision maker. Can't have too many good players? He's current contract only 400k. He is worth a lot more than that. Be interesting to see how they manage to keep him. I assume Daniher will have a big say in their ability to re-sign guys.
    Fair enough, but I wouldn't be over paying

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Saad sucks. If I ever want to know what it's like to have Saad play for my side I'll just run as fast as I can directly into a brick wall from 50m away.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes Grantysghost, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Adam Saad defend at all ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Can Adam Saad defend at all ?
    That is his issue