Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
I completely disagree with this TBB. Our list has, particularly given we won a flag a few years ago (yep, that did happen), undergone a huge amount of transition and we're only starting to get/ figure out the balance we need.

Any reasonable assessment of a list going through a considerable rebuild would look at our last two years and suggest we're tracking correctly. I guess the hard part is convincing people we've been rebuilding for a few years now.
You're right, our squad is entirely different to 2016.

I think a lot hinges on what we do this off season. The last 2 years suggests we're middle of the pack which is the worst spot to be. For comparison sake and taking away their horrid 5-10 years, Carlton have a more palatable build than we do in the last 2 years and I'm concerned they are one of a few clubs who will quickly overtake us. Yes, we've made finals and they haven't but our performances in those finals were putrid and I'd argue their list looks a LOT more balanced right now. We just have way too many inside mids / half backs.

I could touch on how crazy it is that we decided to rebuild after winning a Premiership with a very young list, but..... we've been there already