Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Wonder if they could snipe us on XOH in a straight swap? Would seem pretty even and GWS have historically not been afraid to pay overs to get the pieces they want/guys who actually want to play there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wonder if they could snipe us on XOH in a straight swap? Would seem pretty even and GWS have historically not been afraid to pay overs to get the pieces they want/guys who actually want to play there.
    Ok, I think I cracked the code

Preuss for O'Halloran as a straight trade?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ok, I think I cracked the code

Preuss for O'Halloran as a straight trade?
    Yeah sorry my bad.

Based on how willingly they've shipped out non-best 22 first rounders before it seems like a trade they would make.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    You may be confusing De Goey with someone else because he doesnt really go missing at all. Injury prone though
    Stringer and De Goey have had very similar careers to date. I would be interested to hear whether you rate Stringer as someone who goes missing.

De Goey has finished top 10 in the Pies best and fairest once (8th). He's had one elite season (48 goals in 2018) and one good year (34 goals in 2019).

I also don't really want to talk about him without reminding everyone of the fact he was charged with indecent assault earlier this year, for an incident in 2015. It gets glossed over and ignored far too often when he is discussed.

6. Likes The Adelaide Connection, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Stringer and De Goey have had very similar careers to date. I would be interested to hear whether you rate Stringer as someone who goes missing.

De Goey has finished top 10 in the Pies best and fairest once (8th). He's had one elite season (48 goals in 2018) and one good year (34 goals in 2019).

I also don't really want to talk about him without reminding everyone of the fact he was charged with indecent assault earlier this year, for an incident in 2015. It gets glossed over and ignored far too often when he is discussed.
    You didn't hear Buce? It was just a hiccup...….
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

A big no thanks to De Goey. Doesn’t suit our culture.

As others have alluded to I am open to trading some fringe players like Lipinski. He has some trade currency and worthwhile to look at options.

Post Thanks / Like

Gunston has signed a new contract, so going nowhere
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You didn't hear Buce? It was just a hiccup...….
    But (on my understanding) if this was hanging over an NRL player now, they would be stood down until the matter was resolved.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Damn....onto Breust then.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think that is correct. He is already contracted until the end of 2022, but I can't see anything about a recent extension and it would be quite strange for him to extend 2 years out given his age and the Hawks current position.

I doubt he leaves the Hawks though. Would need to offer overs for Hawthorn to bite and also convince Jack to leave.

13. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't think that is correct. He is already contracted until the end of 2022, but I can't see anything about a recent extension and it would be quite strange for him to extend 2 years out given his age and the Hawks current position.

I doubt he leaves the Hawks though. Would need to offer overs for Hawthorn to bite and also convince Jack to leave.
    I thought he had, but probably saw that he was already signed up till 2022. Thanks.

Edit: I saw an article that he won the Crimmins Medal for this year, and 2022 was mentioned.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Shame he would be a great fit for us. I hope we at least ask the question and put forward a package for consideration.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, Axe Man can be pretty unreliable when it comes to information pertaining to player contract statuses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    But (on my understanding) if this was hanging over an NRL player now, they would be stood down until the matter was resolved.
    Correct. They call it a "no fault stand down" policy. It means that players charged with domestic violence or sexual assault charges don't play or train until the case is heard or the charges are dropped.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/...-misbehaviour/
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Correct. They call it a "no fault stand down" policy. It means that players charged with domestic violence or sexual assault charges don't play or train until the case is heard or the charges are dropped.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/...-misbehaviour/
    I think in this instance the issue would get straight to the supreme or high court as a challenge. A retrospective charge and unusual circumstances would either result in a stay, or a lawsuit coming the NRL's direction.