Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

I'd trust Phillips in a final more than quite a few on our list, pressure is good, works his ass off and is consistent.

I still think we should have a crack at Narkle rather than a player like Hannan. Hannan can be a nice player and I think his speed is a little underrated but my issue is he will fly for his marks when we already have Bruce getting in the way of Naughty and Wallis is also relying on marking as his point of difference.

BF also mentioning Ronke as a possibility, not sure what has happened to him in the last few seasons but probably has a bit of upside on CAV. One thing he can do is put tackle pressure on.

Looks like we are going to be bit part player in the trade period, but we do have the number 1 kid in the land coming in.

Post Thanks / Like

We have enough depth of avge players in the fwd line.
    Unless he’s a guaranteed best 22, I’m not interested.
    Breust- yes
    Tippa- yes
    Mihocek- yes

If they are not this qualify, then why bother.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

3. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Phillips has been a mainstay of a top 4 team for the last few seasons. The question of his hurt factor is interesting - being able to get to so many more transitions due to having such a big tank, his hurt factor is at least as strong as Hunter. Phillips might not be Jarman-esque by foot but he is not a ball butcher either. He's a clear upgrade on R Smith and Hayes as a wingman, and Vandermeer is not yet at the level to hold a wing position full time. Someone like a Phillips would give us tremendous outside running capacity through our midfield, one area we are a little light on for depth outside of Hunter. He's worth a look IMO.
    Stable genius Sedat.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've still got fond memories of Hannan at Footscray and would personally love him to be at the club again. That being said does he make this team better? Not really, it might be a slight upgrade over some players in the team but won't push us further IMO. Doesn't say much for Bailey Dale's future either who I'd rather work on than top up with average players from other clubs.

7. Likes azabob, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I've still got fond memories of Hannan at Footscray and would personally love him to be at the club again. That being said does he make this team better? Not really, it might be a slight upgrade over some players in the team but won't push us further IMO. Doesn't say much for Bailey Dale's future either who I'd rather work on than top up with average players from other clubs.
    I also could live with Hannan coming back to the club.

He actually has forward nous. Which our forward line desperately requires.

He plays a different role to Dale and Lloyd. And he certainly is an upgrade.

We are a middle of the road team and we need to start getting players into the team who can actually contribute in their designated role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless we trade a player like Schache and/or Dale I think we will struggle to have enough points for Ugle-Hagan and picks for players we are being linked with like Hannan, Lonie or a ruckman however, if the list sizes are reduced clubs might just have to let some players go and other clubs will pick them up in the back end of the draft
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Logging on and reading about our interest in Hannan is akin to watching us in Elimination Finals.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Why would you love him at the club if he doesn't make us better?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    While on face value I agree that he is more of the same he is far better at most things than Dale and Lloyd. He has very good hand to boot speed on his snaps which we need, we get tackled in the process of having a shot so often.

Hannan is more of an opportunist and less reliant on lead/mark than Lloyd and Dale and also better at ground level. He probably doesn’t have that craft to play deep one out like Dale but he is in the contest more often and can jump at it.

Don’t think he solves our pressure issue but provides more than some others.
    He doesn't have the ability to hit the scoreboard as well as the players you mentioned. Unless we get rid of either of Dale or Lloyd it's a no from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He doesn't have the ability to hit the scoreboard as well as the players you mentioned. Unless we get rid of either of Dale or Lloyd it's a no from me.
    Agree and mainly because he plays a different role. I’m not thrilled with it just like people to know what they are getting.

Dale and Lloyd can’t play the role they want in our team because we have others in it so their goal kicking ability is largely irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Unless we trade a player like Schache and/or Dale I think we will struggle to have enough points for Ugle-Hagan and picks for players we are being linked with like Hannan, Lonie or a ruckman however, if the list sizes are reduced clubs might just have to let some players go and other clubs will pick them up in the back end of the draft
    I just think a trade (out) must be on the cards.

We seem keen on a few players from other clubs and simply don't have the draft capital to get them (JUH aside). When you add Ugle-Hagan and the likelihood of Adelaide selecting him at #1 overall (that's what they do) and the points burden that will incur, well, I'm really not sure.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

HUNTER TO STAY A DOG

LACHIE Hunter is going nowhere despite mid-season speculation and a disastrous year that included a car crash, COVID breach and the fallout including paying for the damage done to a set of luxury vehicles.

The speculation has come up again since the season finished but those close to him insist his decision to grab the Dogs jumper after kicking a goal upon his return still indicates his loyalty to the club.

In the silly season all manner of rumours gain traction but he has made clear he wants to remain with the Dogs.

VETERAN EXODUS AT THE PIES

COLLINGWOOD will be an active player in this year’s trade period as it looks to have an open mind on several of its senior players.

Coach Nathan Buckley said the Pies needed to add several pieces to rejoin the top-four after sliding down from a Grand Final in 2018 and a preliminary final last year to a disastrous semi-final thrashing this year.

It means wingman Tom Phillips, small forward Josh Thomas and big Mason Cox face an uncertain future at the club, while Moneyball last month revealed Matthew Scharenberg is set to explore a move back home to South Australia.

Josh Daicos leapfrogged Phillips in the midfield this year with the Pies keen to sharpen their skills to help improve the forward connection issues which have plagued it for two years.

The Magpies remain keen on Jeremy Cameron if the GWS forward decides to explore his free agency opportunities.

Link

Phillips has been spoken about but any interest in Thomas as a small forward? Completely fell out of favour this year. Was excellent in 2018 (38 goals) and serviceable in 2019 (22 goals).

18. Thanks bornadog, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

The Magpies remain keen on Jeremy Cameron if the GWS forward decides to explore his free agency opportunities.

Link
    Geelong are also chasing Cameron
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    HUNTER TO STAY A DOG

LACHIE Hunter is going nowhere despite mid-season speculation and a disastrous year that included a car crash, COVID breach and the fallout including paying for the damage done to a set of luxury vehicles.

The speculation has come up again since the season finished but those close to him insist his decision to grab the Dogs jumper after kicking a goal upon his return still indicates his loyalty to the club.

In the silly season all manner of rumours gain traction but he has made clear he wants to remain with the Dogs.

VETERAN EXODUS AT THE PIES

COLLINGWOOD will be an active player in this year’s trade period as it looks to have an open mind on several of its senior players.

Coach Nathan Buckley said the Pies needed to add several pieces to rejoin the top-four after sliding down from a Grand Final in 2018 and a preliminary final last year to a disastrous semi-final thrashing this year.

It means wingman Tom Phillips, small forward Josh Thomas and big Mason Cox face an uncertain future at the club, while Moneyball last month revealed Matthew Scharenberg is set to explore a move back home to South Australia.

Josh Daicos leapfrogged Phillips in the midfield this year with the Pies keen to sharpen their skills to help improve the forward connection issues which have plagued it for two years.

Link

Phillips has been spoken about but any interest in Thomas as a small forward? Completely fell out of favour this year. Was excellent in 2018 (38 goals) and serviceable in 2019 (22 goals).
    I like Thomas and Phillips certainly upgrades on any smalls we have forward and / or on a wing with the exception of Hunter. I'm not sure how it gets done though we'll need to be looking at our future picks / fringe player trades to make anything outside JUH work.

Post Thanks / Like

Phillips is fine - he's got great endurance and he is a reliable player by foot provided the kick has to go no further than 35m, but I'd be lying if I was excited by the chance to pick him up.

If they're down to straight swap for Dale then sure, but is he really worth burning draft capital on? We don't have our second this year, so it would probably need to be next year's one, which would mean the beginnings of the sort of dearth of young talent coming through that everyone typically points to when trying to figure out why a club is on the bottom of the ladder.

If we're looking at a Pies wing then why do we not simply trade for Daicos. At least that's fun and worthwhile.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -