Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    On Caldwell, I haven't seen a heap of him. Does he offer a POD to our current set-up, can he play forward?
    My vibe on him is that he's a bit of an uncut gem, but can play capably right now anywhere from half forward to a wing to the centre square, with a view to ultimately ending up as a full-time mid. He's quick, has good skills and he's hard at it, which is generally a chemical make-up which suggests a player will make it.

Always a good sign with a GWS player when the Giants don't want to lose him too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So Crouch has apparently picked St Kilda (lucky them), meaning that they're likely out on Caldwell. Should we be asking the question here?

I know we're theoreticaly in XOH but Caldwell seems way better from what I've seen. Not sure how we get it done but that can be a problem for future us.
    He's a terrific prospect, very worth having a chat to him but Essendon are into him in a big way
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's a terrific prospect, very worth having a chat to him but Essendon are into him in a big way
    If he looks at the state Essendon's in and decides to go there anyway with other offers from actual clubs on the table then it probably means he's got a mindset that means he's not a player we would want anyway. Surely we are a more attractive destination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    MaCartney was confident he would sign Caldwell and XOH and was meeting their managers today.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't rate Crouch, but St Kilda have transformed themselves in a short space of time. Credit to them. Whether it gets them a flag is another thing but they've been aggressive in improving their list.

I hope to see the same for us, or else we'll be overtaken by clubs below us.

On Caldwell, I haven't seen a heap of him. Does he offer a POD to our current set-up, can he play forward?
    I wonder if he chose them because no other teams were left?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Crouch choosing saints probably means Carlisle will want to stay.

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Sam Edmund on SEN:

Jye Caldwell (GWS Giants)

“Essendon have a real interest in him and I can say that with absolute certainty,” he said.

“What (Brad Crouch nominating St Kilda) does for Jye I’m not so sure – his motivation to leave GWS centres on opportunities and if you’re reading between the lines, the opportunity has dramatically reduced itself at Moorabbin.

“You have to say it does hurt St Kilda’s chances, if he to leave, it looks like it could be to Essendon but it could still be St Kilda (too).

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

“The interest from Essendon is there and the story is 100 per cent accurate,” he said.

“They’ve asked the question and he’s contracted at Western Bulldogs – it would take a fair bit to get him out if he was even willing to get out.

“He will have the final say on that, but the interest (from the Bombers) is real.”

Post Thanks / Like

Port apparently chasing Aliir Aliir, despite being contracted. Should he be someone we should look at as a KPD and potential ruck support?

Big Footy rumour that we are into Sam Simpson from the Cats. Not sure what need he fills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I wonder if he chose them because no other teams were left?
    It does feel a bit that way. The saints midfield rotation of Ryder, Jones, Hannebery, Steele and now Crouch are all recruits from other clubs. Throw in Hill on the wing, Howard, Carlisle and Kent in defence and you’ve got almost half a team of recruits.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    From Sam Edmund on SEN:

Jye Caldwell (GWS Giants)

“Essendon have a real interest in him and I can say that with absolute certainty,” he said.

“What (Brad Crouch nominating St Kilda) does for Jye I’m not so sure – his motivation to leave GWS centres on opportunities and if you’re reading between the lines, the opportunity has dramatically reduced itself at Moorabbin.

“You have to say it does hurt St Kilda’s chances, if he to leave, it looks like it could be to Essendon but it could still be St Kilda (too).

“The interest from Essendon is there and the story is 100 per cent accurate,” he said.

“They’ve asked the question and he’s contracted at Western Bulldogs – it would take a fair bit to get him out if he was even willing to get out.

“He will have the final say on that, but the interest (from the Bombers) is real.”
    You’d have to say the saints choosing Crouch means they know they’re out of the race for Caldwell. Otherwise a fairly dumb move.

Post Thanks / Like

From Sam Edmund on SEN:

I don't blame Essendon as they are light on for inside mids, but I doubt Josh wants to leave.

Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on anymore.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Footy rumour that we are into Sam Simpson from the Cats. Not sure what need he fills.
    Well - he is fast, takes the game on, is clean below his knees...looks like a really good player. This is one I like...reminds me of a higher possession winning version of Vander.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Likes Mofra, Happy Days, Sedat, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well - he is fast, takes the game on, is clean below his knees...looks like a really good player. This is one I like...reminds me of a higher possession winning version of Vander.
    Ive liked what Ive seen too, neat by foot, looks at home from on a wing, seems to make good decisions

But will a father-son whose about to play in a grand final up and leave?

Post Thanks / Like

Wing?
    I'm still in the camp of us needing a genuine second winger to pair with Hunter.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like Simpson too. He was only out of their side due to injury in the first place and is currently keeping Jack Steven out.