Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

If Simpson can play wing then great, but I didn't think he has been playing there for the cats? Seems to be playing high half forward now (close to wing I guess).

Post Thanks / Like

Simpson doesn't inspire me to be honest.

He's not that quick. Not super skilled.

I do like his clean ball handling and ability to find the ball, looks to make good decisions too, but is he really that much of a difference to somebody like Lipinski?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well - he is fast, takes the game on, is clean below his knees...looks like a really good player. This is one I like...reminds me of a higher possession winning version of Vander.
    Agreed, has come in at the pointy end of the season and looked very much at home. Would be an ideal outside mid to help our running capability.
    Unfortunately can't see him leaving a grand final side especially with him being a father/son pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Also interested to see finals ghost Jeremy Cameron up and leave the Great Waste of Space. Will never forget the 2016 prelim where he, Patton and Lobb were all happy to gob off all game at Tom Boyd for daring to leave the cult and look how things have turned out. Big Tom has a premiership medallion and the other three have now all moved on with nothing to show. Hit by the Karma Bus the three of em.

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Hartigan going to Hawthorn as a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Kyle Hartigan going to Hawthorn as a free agent.
    Wow. Did anyone else feel those tremors? Must have been the whole competiton being shaken to its core.

Hartigan is probably pound for pound the worst player in the league. Why did the Hawks force Stratton and Frawley to retire if this was their next move?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So what is the main driver for players to go to these same teams? Is it playing in front of large crowds? Money? Culture? Success? I mean why the hell is it always the same teams. I was astonished that we couldn't attract any notable players following our premiership. That surely rules out success as a driver. Even the damn Saints and Dees have better luck getting players in. North do too but they typically recruit the players noone wants a bar of.
    The players have a good lifestyle living down the west coast and still only 40 minutes from Melbourne. Also don't underestimate how well this club is run by Brian Cook. He has complete the run of the place. Very rarely would you hear from their President.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wow. Did anyone else feel those tremors? Must have been the whole competiton being shaken to its core.

Hartigan is probably pound for pound the worst player in the league. Why did the Hawks force Stratton and Frawley to retire if this was their next move?
    they should also give Hawks one of their second rounders for taking him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Take that back! Sam Frost and Kyle Hartigan will form the most feared KPD pairing in the league!

Post Thanks / Like

Take that back! Sam Frost and Kyle Hartigan will form the most feared KPD pairing in the league!
    Unless the Hawks have Jesus as a kicking coach they will be hilarious to watch next year.

Sam Frost would be the single most frustrating player to have on an AFL list. An absolute superstar until he has to make a decision or kick the ball.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mofra-B. Gowers?

Post Thanks / Like

Port apparently chasing Aliir Aliir, despite being contracted. Should he be someone we should look at as a KPD and potential ruck support?

Big Footy rumour that we are into Sam Simpson from the Cats. Not sure what need he fills.
    Pass on Allir Allir.

At least if Simpson left it would be another Father Son that left their club that Twodogs can add to his list.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    This post is infuriatingly sensible Soupaman. Can't argue with any of it. AND they lost Kelly last year as well.

Still, somehow, deep down I feel 'triggered' by Lynch going to the Tigers, then Cameron going to the Cats.

Hmmmmmm..........
    Console yourself with the fact that we got Tom Boyd and he was instrumental in delivering us a flag.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Console yourself with the fact that we got Tom Boyd and he was instrumental in delivering us a flag.
    Once again I'll list these seven players when we lament not getting a big fish:

Wood (pick 42)
    Morris (rookie)
    Boyd (rookie)
    JJ (rookie)
    Biggs (rookie, traded in for nothing)
    Hamling (DFA)
    Roberts (DFA)

Guess what they represent?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Once again I'll list these seven players when we lament not getting a big fish:

Wood (pick 42)
    Morris (rookie)
    Boyd (rookie)
    JJ (rookie)
    Biggs (rookie, traded in for nothing)
    Hamling (DFA)
    Roberts (DFA)

Guess what they represent?
    Further to the point, why does it feel like everyone has collectively decided that Keath wasn't fantastic this year?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -