Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think in this instance the issue would get straight to the supreme or high court as a challenge. A retrospective charge and unusual circumstances would either result in a stay, or a lawsuit coming the NRL's direction.
    You may be right with it being a historical case. It would probably depend on how the clause in the player's contract is worded. The clause came in around March 2019 I think.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

ABC News Radio just reported that Collingwood defender Dorothy Moore will resign.
    Last edited by Dry Rot; 14-10-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

3. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    ABC News Radio just reported that Collingwood defender Dorothy Moore will resign.
    2 years at around $800k to $850k
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Broomhead and Matt Scharenberg delisted - could be picked up by Crows
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tim Broomhead and Matt Scharenberg delisted - could be picked up by Crows
    Scharenberg is desperately unlucky. Horrid injury run.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scharenberg turned out to be a bust early draft pick. I know he had his injury problems but he was touted as a top 5 pick. I think we were even tossing up between him and Billings until Bont soared up the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Scharenberg is desperately unlucky. Horrid injury run.
    Broomhead also copped a bad leg break didn't he?

I thought they might keep Scharenberg around for another 12 months especially with Dunn retiring.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Broomhead also copped a bad leg break didn't he?

I thought they might keep Scharenberg around for another 12 months especially with Dunn retiring.
    Broomhead goes okay Good honest player , would be picked up as a late pick if at all, just because he is an honest trier and you know you will get a player who can play good games at times.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the Pies are also open to a trade for Tom Phillips. I think he is a significant upgrade on any of our current wingman who aren't Lachie Hunter. He has won all the time trials at the Pies since he was drafted. I'm a fan.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes Mofra, hujsh, DOG GOD, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Apparently the Pies are also open to a trade for Tom Phillips. I think he is a significant upgrade on any of our current wingman who aren't Lachie Hunter. He has won all the time trials at the Pies since he was drafted. I'm a fan.
    Don’t know about that Vandemeer is quite a talent.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Don’t know about that Vandemeer is quite a talent.
    ... and not (yet) a wingman
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Don't you love it when they get people to read stories they have no idea about.

When i was in isolation early this year I started watching ABC News 24 and the guy doing the finance just had no understanding of what he was talking about.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm not sure about Phillips. What are his strengths aside from an ability to run? He's not damaging with his ball use, he's not going to cut through zones, he's not overly physical or better than average in the air.

Basically, he's a better version of Will Hayes. I know that's a little harsh because he's more proven than Hayes, but I've always thought that you need a POD on the wing. Endurance might be it but we already have Hunter.

I'm open to being sold on him though!

18. Likes Happy Days, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan on the radar.

The Western Bulldogs have turned their attention to uncontracted Melbourne forward Mitch Hannan, registering an interest in the former Footscray VFL premiership player as they look to beef up their forward line during this year's exchange period.

The 26-year-old was recruited to Melbourne with pick No.46 in the 2016 national draft after starring for Footscray in the VFL that season, playing in the club's premiership when they defeated the Casey Demons in the grand final.

He played 20 games in his first season at the Demons, kicking a goal in each of Melbourne's three finals in 2018 including a running, three-bounce goal in the elimination final that sealed the club's first finals win for 12 seasons.

However Hannan fell out of favour at Melbourne this season and was dropped a couple of times, playing just nine games for the season. He was not in the team when Melbourne dropped out of finals contention at the end of the season with consecutive losses in Cairns to Sydney and Fremantle.

The Bulldogs are in the market for a tall to support Tim English in the ruck, with coach Luke Beveridge admitting after their elimination final that their aerial power was lacking, as well as a crumbing forward.

Although they have been linked to St Kilda's Jack Lonie, they are not pursuing him with Hannan capable of being both a lead-up and crumbing forward.

Clever forward Mitch Wallis was their leading goalkicker this season but he lacks Hannan's pace while highly rated draft selection Cody Weightman will emerge having shown his talent in three games in his first season.

Bulldogs premiership forward Tory Dickson retired at season's end while former Tiger Sam Lloyd is contracted until the end of 2021 having had an outstanding 2019 when he kicked 38 goals.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...14-p5651k.html

20. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hannan on the radar.

The Western Bulldogs have turned their attention to uncontracted Melbourne forward Mitch Hannan, registering an interest in the former Footscray VFL premiership player as they look to beef up their forward line during this year's exchange period.

The 26-year-old was recruited to Melbourne with pick No.46 in the 2016 national draft after starring for Footscray in the VFL that season, playing in the club's premiership when they defeated the Casey Demons in the grand final.

He played 20 games in his first season at the Demons, kicking a goal in each of Melbourne's three finals in 2018 including a running, three-bounce goal in the elimination final that sealed the club's first finals win for 12 seasons.

However Hannan fell out of favour at Melbourne this season and was dropped a couple of times, playing just nine games for the season. He was not in the team when Melbourne dropped out of finals contention at the end of the season with consecutive losses in Cairns to Sydney and Fremantle.

The Bulldogs are in the market for a tall to support Tim English in the ruck, with coach Luke Beveridge admitting after their elimination final that their aerial power was lacking, as well as a crumbing forward.

Although they have been linked to St Kilda's Jack Lonie, they are not pursuing him with Hannan capable of being both a lead-up and crumbing forward.

Clever forward Mitch Wallis was their leading goalkicker this season but he lacks Hannan's pace while highly rated draft selection Cody Weightman will emerge having shown his talent in three games in his first season.

Bulldogs premiership forward Tory Dickson retired at season's end while former Tiger Sam Lloyd is contracted until the end of 2021 having had an outstanding 2019 when he kicked 38 goals.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...14-p5651k.html
    Meh......

22. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post