Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Would Zaine Cordy get a third or fourth round pick anywhere?

He didn’t have the best year but letting the ball over the back 3-4 times in a final where we absolutely cannot allow that to happen may have hurt him.
    Now that's surely going to bring BT out of his hiatus.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mason Cox would be good for our international promotions. We'd have an American and English in the ruck...

Personally the one that I'd be sounding out, especially if Cameron goes to Geelong is Ratugolea. He offers versatility and something different to what we currently have.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Mason Cox would be good for our international promotions. We'd have an American and English in the ruck...

Personally the one that I'd be sounding out, especially if Cameron goes to Geelong is Ratugolea. He offers versatility and something different to what we currently have.
    Ratugolea is horrible IMO.

Played maybe 2? good games in his career, the rest is filled with flying for marks but dropping them and making stupid turnovers. Geelong's ruck/forward stocks are worse than ours and they don't play him every week, what does that tell us!?

5. Likes 1eyedog, Sedat, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Cox probably isn't as bad as many make out but my queries are:

1. Can he ruck? He pretty much never plays in the ruck for Collingwood any more. I think he used to a few years back.
    I wouldn't say his ruck work is anything to write home about but he's certainly well ahead of Bruce/Dunkley/Jong etc. Probably been somewhat hampered by the fact that Grundy can almost ruck all game and that they've tried making Cox their #1 forward.

2. How does he fit into our forward line mix? I'm not sure you can play Bruce, Cox and Naughton together. Our forward pressure is already lacking.
    That's the concern. I was a fan of getting Bruce to the club but in hindsight, he really limits our ability to play a second ruck/forward option.

My suggestion would be to play Naughton back given he's really only played 2 very good games as a forward against quality opposition (Adelaide this year doesn't count) and our back half is crying out for a defender. We can fix 2 of our most glaring issues by moving him back and playing Cox as a forward/second ruck.

3. Do we really want to pay him upwards of $500k per season?
    This would be my biggest sticking point.

Guess it depends on what the average wage is now / what we're currently spending.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I didn't know I was until you said it. Now I'm all in.
    I'd settle for a decent photoshop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Are you just a little interested in potentially seeing a Bulldogs version of Twins starring Mason Cox and Caleb Daniel?

That was Libba Snr and Scotty Wynd. This would be Twins II
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If you're still a supporter after Justin Charles you won't have any issues with big Cox.
    Peter Street almost ended me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Played maybe 2? good games in his career, the rest is filled with flying for marks but dropping them and making stupid turnovers. Geelong's ruck/forward stocks are worse than ours and they don't play him every week, what does that tell us!?
    They have Hawkins as the permanent alpha dog and a pretty effective combo of Stanley/Blicavs to do the rucking, around the ground/forward stuff. Lessens the need and utility of someone like Rat.

Esava is definitely no world beater but he’s a monster that could fill a role for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They have Hawkins as the permanent alpha dog and a pretty effective combo of Stanley/Blicavs to do the rucking, around the ground/forward stuff. Lessens the need and utility of someone like Rat.

Esava is definitely no world beater but he’s a monster that could fill a role for us.
    They've been crying out for a second KPF / ruck hence their revolving door for the last 2+ years.

Esava is a good athlete but that's where it ends. No football IQ whatsoever.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geelong putting an offer for Isaac Smith
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Agreed. Every time he is selected they seem to lose. Whether it is as a forward or ruckman he is very underwhelming - 1 highlight every 6 weeks doesn't cut it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Ratugolea is a good in theory player thus far. However, he's not going to get worse and at 22 he might just be worth the risk given if he remains in the system he's probably going to get better between now and three years time.

So the questions are, who would he force out of our current side now? How does he fit into our future structure if he succeeds?

In answer to the first question, nobody is what I'm thinking. So if he was to come to us he's going to want for injuries to other forwards to get his chance and in honesty with the way Naughton is going it's probably not the worst gamble for him to take especially if Geelong land Cameron. We're not going to drop Bruce if he's fit, and whilst he may be technically unfit he's not missed through injury with us just yet.

With Bruce gone after a few more years however, there's definitely going to be a spot for a player who has worked on his craft and is strong, being ready to take the game on at 25 years of age.*

Honestly, on the cheap he's definitely not the worst player we could put time into but I reckon he'll be keen to stick with the Cats and they'll be keen to develop him.

*JUH is either going to be a midfielder or a half back
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes SquirrelGrip, soupman, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    LOL.

I love the idea of Cox at the Dogs so much. It will reinforce the oft stated opinion of a "once upon a time" poster:

"You are not finished as a footballer until you have been recruited to play Full-Forward for Footscray".

- And yes, Josh Bruce, I'm looking at you! :-)

"Bulldogs 2021.
    Schache. Bruce. Cox. Feel the Excitement."

The marketing department can use that on their car stickers...I don't need to be credited.
    Long live SS.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Matt Rendall suggested Cox to bulldogs, Grundy to Swans, Cameron to Pies and Moore to ruck
    That might be the strangest suggestion we'll hear in that part of the year when weird suggestions become the norm.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood rumoured to be almost trying to force Treloar out of the club.

That seems... odd.

Pendles is almost finished and Treloar has been a very good player. Had his injury concerns and apparently his salary spikes in 2021, but that would seem a huge backward step for mine.

Still only 27.