Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Perhaps we have different deals we want to do and can't afford Hannan or Stephenson........?
    If we can't affoard Hannan we are stuffed
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Jake Carlisle is staying at St.Kilda after only Hawthorn showed tentative interest for those that were open to acquiring him (me).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Hannan and Lonie. Throw a blanket over them with Greene, Lloyd, Dale, Schache , west, weightman, Richards, cavarra, Gowers, lipinski . Most will either not play, or play 5-10 games.
    Rhylee West?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If we can't affoard Hannan we are stuffed
    Indeed we are! I think you know what I meant though.........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Rhylee West?
    Yes. He will be in that mix of in and out fwds
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. He will be in that mix of in and out fwds
    Ah you mean 5-10 next year? I agree. At first I thought you meant in his career.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonie to Dogs looking likely. Dogs also the best suitors for Treloar if he wants out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...7315bdbe33b594
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lonie to Dogs looking likely. Dogs also the best suitors for Treloar if he wants out.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...7315bdbe33b594
    If we keep Dunkley, would we want Treloar?

I would, as I have said many times we are ok for inside mids, but not many outside mids with some pace. The only concern is fitting him in with a reasonable salary.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get Treloar it needs to be on the condition that he's now a wingman.

With his high fitness level and speed, I think he could be devastating in that role. The extra quarter of a second he'll have to kick it could improve his disposal too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes Dancin' Douggy, jeemak, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If we keep Dunkley, would we want Treloar?

I would, as I have said many times we are ok for inside mids, but not many outside mids with some pace. The only concern is fitting him in with a reasonable salary.
    Yes I'd be ok with Treloar. On the proviso there's nothing sinister behind his exit, and he passes the requisite medical tests. He has genuine pace something we are short on. He and Vandermeer would be a real handful and give us a missing element I believe. Where he plays might be an interesting question.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Stephenson MIGHT be up for grabs, and Jack Higgins too, but nope, we go for Hannan and possibly Lonie.
    Are Hannan and Lonie better than Dale and Lloyd, coz we can’t have all 4 on our shortened list.
    Hannan, yes - especially if we resist the temptation to play him up the field and play him closer to goal.

Lonie - I don't see it. He's a less tough Wallis without the marking ability. Hannan has pace, Lonie is vanilla. I'd rather rookie a speculative WA/NT kid. For every Malcolm Lynch there's a Jarrod Harbrow among them.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy, 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If we get Treloar it needs to be on the condition that he's now a wingman.

With his high fitness level and speed, I think he could be devastating in that role. The extra quarter of a second he'll have to kick it could improve his disposal too.
    If we're going to target a wingman from Collingwood, I'd prefer Phillips to Treloar - cheaper contract and cheaper to trade in and he's actually played on a wing.

Treloar is a quality mid but can he hold position on a wing and resist the temptation to revert to a 'see ball, get ball' game? That's why elite centre square mids don't always make for good wingmen.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar can play at a very high level but I don't see the need for his type because of trajectory of Bailey Smith and VDM. These two alone and JJ mean that we no longer are the one-paced side we were. If Treloar plays in the middle he likely takes midfield minutes from Bailey Smith so I'm not sure how we can use him. On a wing? Yeah I think Mof is right he might see that as a downgrade and Phillips would come cheaper and for mine be as effective in that role.

I'd prefer we focus on ruck, key defender and small forward and stay the course. We must trade in for needs targeting the best available players for specific roles rather than just trading in best available and then trying to squeeze them into an already strong area for us, potentially to the detriment of others.

All that said I get the Treloar attraction. When fit he is an excellent player and we don't get the opportunity to trade in excellent players that often. I think we're right into him and think he'll find a nurturing environment at the Dogs and after everything he's been through with Buckley think he could really flourish under Bevo, perhaps even in a new role.

Do I want him? Not really. Do I think he'll come to us? It's highly possible.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The lack of any decent ruck options being linked to us is disappointing. It's one of (if not) THE biggest hole in our list.

Small/mid forwards, more good mids etc aren't what we need.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The lack of any decent ruck options being linked to us is disappointing. It's one of (if not) THE biggest hole in our list.
    By my count it's McEvoy, Goldstein, Cox and Fort we've been linked to. I think Goldstein would have been perfect, and he could double as a ruck coach.

21. Likes 1eyedog liked this post