Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

True. But we payed a LOT for Boyd. Pick 6 and Ryanne gryfenne.
    Cameron deal isn't done yet, but Lynch walked to the Tigers for free.

All the bottom clubs get shunted down the draft order to accommodate Lynch sliding in to Richmond.
    THat's the bit that shits me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Console yourself with the fact that we got Tom Boyd and he was instrumental in delivering us a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Further to the point, why does it feel like everyone has collectively decided that Keath wasn't fantastic this year?
    I guess a weak finish taints what was a good season. His final in particular was not very impressive.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I guess a weak finish taints what was a good season. His final in particular was not very impressive.
    The final where he got moved on to King and kept him to 2 touches in a half?

No wonder he’s so angry all the time, he can’t get no respect!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Further to the point, why does it feel like everyone has collectively decided that Keath wasn't fantastic this year?
    I haven't. He was a steal.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Keath would be even better if he was played as a no 2 defender and was given a little more licence to zone off and intercept.
    I was surprised at his long kicking this year, something he didn't do (or wasn't allowed to do) at the Crows.

I'm calling that trade, for what it cost, a win.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Keath would be even better if he was played as a no 2 defender and was given a little more licence to zone off and intercept.
    I was surprised at his long kicking this year, something he didn't do (or wasn't allowed to do) at the Crows.

I'm calling that trade, for what it cost, a win.
    HUge win, he has been fantastic this year. No big forwards have kicked a bag on him, including Hawkins, King, Lynch
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The final where he got moved on to King and kept him to 2 touches in a half?

No wonder he’s so angry all the time, he can’t get no respect!
    It's more about what he didn't do. Like all our talls in that game he failed to have any impact in the air and was outmarked on multiple occasions, while not really offering much else to compensate. I really like him and rate him, and would love us to bring in another muscle defender to allow Keath to not have to be the main man, but that final in particular disappointed me based on what I've seen he can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

It's more about what he didn't do. Like all our talls in that game he failed to have any impact in the air and was outmarked on multiple occasions, while not really offering much else to compensate. I really like him and rate him, and would love us to bring in another muscle defender to allow Keath to not have to be the main man, but that final in particular disappointed me based on what I've seen he can provide.
    Was he? I'm not going to watch the entire game back but I don't recall this occurring. King took a pack mark in the second quarter where Keath and Cordy could probably share the blame (and I don't think King was Keath's opponent at that stage). Can't remember any others?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Was he? I'm not going to watch the entire game back but I don't recall this occurring. King took a pack mark in the second quarter where Keath and Cordy could probably share the blame (and I don't think King was Keath's opponent at that stage). Can't remember any others?
    I haven't rewatched it so I may be wrong, but i do remember thinking he wasn't having anywhere near his usual impact on the game. Maybe I've just lumped him in with all the other ineffective aerial players we had that day though, happy to stand corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't rewatched it so I may be wrong, but i do remember thinking he wasn't having anywhere near his usual impact on the game. Maybe I've just lumped him in with all the other ineffective aerial players we had that day though, happy to stand corrected.
    Do you think it's a lack of talent problem or a structure/organisation issue?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same. He wasn't the worst but he wasn't at his best.

We really need a big defender to help him play his natural game. Wasn't long ago he was playing CHB for Adelaide and taking intercept marks to catapult their attack. We need that.

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Do you think it's a lack of talent problem or a structure/organisation issue?
    Both?

We only have two talls that assert themselves in aerial contests and have the talent to do so, Naughton and Keath. Cordy tries but is not great at it unless he is the 3rd-5th man up, Bruce is good at disrupting marking contests but not to our advantage, Gardner tries but is too timid and English probably has the most talent of the lot but is too timid and can be easily blocked out. This is why I have been advocating that we should at least be looking at someone like Jake Carlisle, who could act as more of an anchor in this regard and allow players like Keath to not have to be in the middle of the pack/zone but rather come in from side positions.

Post Thanks / Like

Both?

We only have two talls that assert themselves in aerial contests and have the talent to do so, Naughton and Keath. Cordy tries but is not great at it unless he is the 3rd-5th man up, Bruce is good at disrupting marking contests but not to our advantage, Gardner tries but is too timid and English probably has the most talent of the lot but is too timid and can be easily blocked out. This is why I have been advocating that we should at least be looking at someone like Jake Carlisle, who could act as more of an anchor in this regard and allow players like Keath to not have to be in the middle of the pack/zone but rather come in from side positions.
    Agree and from reports the club have also recognised the need for a big defender, although all has been quiet on that front thus far. Hopefully someone emerges.

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is we didn't have anyone else to combat all the talls they had down there.

As Axeman says, the club has stated they want another Key backman, so hopefully someone bobs up.

I know he is not rated on WOOF, but GWS are now chasing McDonald

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS midfielder Jye Caldwell has requested a trade and nominated Essendon as his preferred home