Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Would we have any interest in Polec? I honestly don't know the pros and cons about him as a player but from what I've seen he can certainly play. If Norf cough up some of his salary I can see him sitting on a wing opposite Hunter. You have to wonder though what the reasons are that the Kangas are keen to move him on.
    Three clubs in his career already looking at a fourth, you'd have to ask the question for sure whether there's something NQR.
    The rumour goes he was asked to run with Cripps and refused but no idea if true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Preuss on the move. At just 25 years old, could be a good pickup
    I cannot see any possible way that Bevo would play Preuss in anything other than an extreme emergency.

He certainly doesn't appear to have the aerobic capacity to be the extra midfielder that Bevo requires and as a second ruck, where could we hide him. Bevo would prefer Dunkley.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I cannot see any possible way that Bevo would play Preuss in anything other than an extreme emergency.

He certainly doesn't appear to have the aerobic capacity to be the extra midfielder that Bevo requires and as a second ruck, where could we hide him. Bevo would prefer Dunkley.
    Forgetting about minor matters such as availability, what current rucks (or reserve rucks) would Bevo want, and more importantly use?

Or is it a case we will never play a second ruck and just perhaps get another one in case English goes down?

If the latter, why would such a ruckman want to come to us and possibly never play?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Three clubs in his career already looking at a fourth, you'd have to ask the question for sure whether there's something NQR.
    The rumour goes he was asked to run with Cripps and refused but no idea if true.
    When he came to Port from Brisbane he allegedly presented in awful shape. A mate of mine was at an amateur club that Polec joined up with in preseason to try to help get in shape after Port gave him a bollocking. Apparently he was off the back of the pack in every running drill. My mate also told me he was known to like to party.

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    JYE CALDWELL (GWS)

Draft picks: Late first-round / early second-round pick
    Value on open market: $400,000-500,000 per season
    Think this could be a shrewd investment. I would especially at 400k

TOBY NANKERVIS (RICH)

Draft picks: Early-to-mid second-round pick
    Value on open market: $450,000-550,000 per season
    I would do this but he's likely to remain at the Tigers

XAVIER O'HALLORAN (GWS)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second round pick
    Value on open market: $250,000-350,000 per season
    I like this idea but think a 3rd round pick is more appropriate.

JACK LONIE (STK)

Draft picks: Late second-round / early third-round pick
    Value on open market: $250,000-350,000 per season
    I don't see it myself. No chance a 2nd rounder surely.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Would we have any interest in Polec? I honestly don't know the pros and cons about him as a player but from what I've seen he can certainly play. If Norf cough up some of his salary I can see him sitting on a wing opposite Hunter. You have to wonder though what the reasons are that the Kangas are keen to move him on.
    I'd rather Graham Polak
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'd rather Graham Polak
    I'd' rather the tram.

10. Likes EasternWest, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'd' rather the tram.
    At least you know a tram will go forward and back and not discriminate in its efforts.

Polec is like a Shaun Higgins except crapper and one sided.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Think this could be a shrewd investment. I would especially at 400k. JYE CALDWELL (GWS)
    One rumour had us interested in him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s pretty good value for Caldwell. I suspect it will be more than that if a bidding ware ensues.

Post Thanks / Like

Can honestly say I have no idea if Caldwell is any good or not. I didn't watch a heap of GWS this year (they were insipid most of time I did) and if Caldwell played in the game time I saw, he didn't stand out or do anything of note.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One rumour had us interested in him.
    I've not seen us linked to Caldwell, are you sure you aren't thinking of O'Halloran?

Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen us linked to Caldwell, are you sure you aren't thinking of O'Halloran?
    Like you I’ve only seen us linked to O’Halloran (who is a dogs fan so hopefully that goes in our favour). I’d take them both, but I’m not sure how, won’t have much left by the time the Crows screw us into burning maximum points on JUH.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, Caldwell - but it was a rumour

AFL Trade Insider
    @AFLTradeInsider

Dees or Dogs

Quote Tweet

David Brown
    @DavidDbbear
    Sep 15

Replying to @AFLTradeInsider
    Jye Caldwell from GWS to where?

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of these trade values are ridiculous considering how little equivalent players have been traded for in the past.

XAVIER O'HALLORAN (GWS)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second round pick
    Aiden Bonar was also a high draft pick that barely played in his first two seasons through a combination of injuries and form. Went to North with a future 4th rounder for a future 3rd rounder, so stuff all.

JACK LONIE (STK)

Draft picks: Late second-round / early third-round pick
    Dan Butler was a Premiership winning small forward that was on the fringes of selection that was traded for pick 56.

Lincoln McCarthy was a promising small forward that after many years in the system had been unable to secure himself a place in Geelongs forwardline, traded for an upgrade of pick 55 to 43 (and a downgrade of 59 to 62).

Gary Rohan was an established foward with unique attributes and a pretty decent career excluding finals. Traded for pick 62.

Dean Kent/Sam Lloyd are almost exact copies of Lonie in that they were fringe players that could perform on the day but never really found themselves secure in Melbournes/Richmonds team, traded for pick 65/64 respectively.

Who the hell would even consider an early third (pick 40ish, let alone a late second (30ish)?

NATHAN BROAD (RICH)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second-round pick
    Hahahahahaha.

Taylor Duryea, Nic Newman, Jack Scrimshaw went for a future fourth/future fourth/future third with a future fourth going the other way.

Sam Frost is probably a best case scenario trade and that was a a future second round pick and pick 50 for 42, 61 and a future fourth with Frost, and Broad is worth a lot less than Frost who is at least tall.

Who is stumping up mid to late second round picks for a role playing medium defender whose biggest asset is his girlfriends chest (allegedly)?

NAKIA COCKATOO (GEEL)

Draft picks: Third-round pick
    The guy has been in the system for 6 years, is about to turn 24, and has played just 34 games due to a body made out of crepe paper, despite Geelong desperately play him whenever he looked close to fit. Bont is from the same draft and has played 110 more games than him.

He is worth nothing, but I'd probably put him in the same category as McCarthy and Bonar, so a future 3rd for a future 4th and Cockatoo seems about right.

-------------------------------------------------
    Fringe players are worth stuff all on the trading market, there's basically four trade values going around:

Gun: Asking price is two first rounders, you might get that but you'll be giving something back the other way, otherwise how does a first and a second for a third and the player sound?

Very good player: Asking price is a first rounder, late teens pick incoming (or two second rounders pretending to be worth the same).

Player with heaps of potential and promising formline: Second rounder incoming, but it'll be a late one.

Any kind of role player, super injured player, or fringe player: Ask for a third rounder, end up getting stuff all.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right