Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Strange his own club hasn't signed him up, think that will change after the final but makes me wonder why if he's so good
    Agree...but in the last quarter he kicked two goals THEN was sent to be the spare behind the ball and took a crucial intercept mark.

I think that Collingwood think he is average as well...and will offer him an average contract. I am just convinced he is the player that Lloyd or even Dale COULD be...Certainly Dale would seem to be more talented, but I cannot imagine a scenario where he kicked 2-goals in the last q of a crucial final.

That said, if Miochek had 100 shots at that first one he kicked in the last (left foot on the run/under pressure kick from 40 near the boundary than spun sideways and never went more than 2m off the ground), well, I reckon he kicks ONE goal. Lucky for him, he only had to do it once...and he got it first time!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Highly confident we need every point we can get for JUH...so what would we trade to get him?
    To land JUH we should trade our pick 12 for more points. That will get us very close to the mark
    I can also see us putting Schache and Lewis Young up for trades to get the points required
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Does getting Bruce leave us hamstrung in forming a 50/50 ruck combo between English and someone else (e.g. Hickey)?
    He's been pretty average as a defender previously but it might be something we have to trial again.
    It sure does, we won't play two ruckman unless a clone of Blicavs can be found
    It's English and our forwards and mids doing the lions share of the rucks next season unless we move Naughton back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Agree...but in the last quarter he kicked two goals THEN was sent to be the spare behind the ball and took a crucial intercept mark.

I think that Collingwood think he is average as well...and will offer him an average contract. I am just convinced he is the player that Lloyd or even Dale COULD be...Certainly Dale would seem to be more talented, but I cannot imagine a scenario where he kicked 2-goals in the last q of a crucial final.

That said, if Miochek had 100 shots at that first one he kicked in the last (left foot on the run/under pressure kick from 40 near the boundary than spun sideways and never went more than 2m off the ground), well, I reckon he kicks ONE goal. Lucky for him, he only had to do it once...and he got it first time!
    Agree with this. I hope we're in his ear with more money and more years but I bet we aren't.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL Exchange podcast (Callum Twomey, Riley Beveridge and Mitch Cleary) think we should target Jack Gunston reasoning he could play his traditional forward role whilst JUH develops, or in the backline as an interceptor.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Theoretical for you-if we could swap Pies’ Josh Daicos for Ed Richards would we do it?

I’ve really like what I’ve seen from Daicos. Internet says he is a small midfielder/ forward. I swear I have seen him play on wing and I thought he looked good. Very quick thinking player. I know he is in negotiations now and will likely re-sign.

I like Ed too. Just musing......
    I am happy to handle that negotiation on behalf of the club.

Is that your best offer Pies.... Can I think about it... Nah give me the pen and I will sign.

Would you like me to sign an additional copy in case you misplace this one?
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He's a gun average player.

Works so hard and is strong and mobile.

I'd kill to have him. I wonder if the Pies would be interested in a straight swap for Suckling?
    I be happy to do that negotiation as well. After all Mihocek is only rookie listed.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Clearly asking for more money so the negotiations are ongoing.
    Mihocek as a mature age rookie, who has been on minimum payments, really deserves and needs a good contract. At his age he probably won't get another real chance at a good longish term contract.

Pies have been low-balling because they have heavy commitments around Grundy, DeGoey and Moore.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Gunston idea!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To land JUH we should trade our pick 12 for more points. That will get us very close to the mark
    I can also see us putting Schache and Lewis Young up for trades to get the points required
    Lewis Young is 21 years old. I don't see the logic in trading him out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nor do I and I fully agree but he is going backwards with us. If he is not going to be played then what is the incentive for him to stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Me neither but his inability to get a game this year has to be causing some alarm bells in his relationship with the club.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

If you cannot get a game ahead of Gardner, then it’s time to move on. I’ll be absolutely shocked if Lewis Young is at the dogs next year, and the way he’s been treated with no game time this year, it wouldn’t surprise me to hear That he had asked for a trade early on into the season.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

18. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If we get Goldstein, which we will, then why do we need to play Bruce ever again. Just because we made the mistake of giving him a long term deal does not mean we need to compound it by playing him.
    Hiya Happy Days-are you just bring super optimistic or do you have some knowledge from inner sanctum? Geez. I reckon we would have made top 4 this year if Goldy had played for us. Knowing our luck we acquire him and his body falls apart. Still think he would add value mentoring Tim but we’d really want to make sure he can play a lot as I’m sure we will have to give something reasonable to the Roos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hiya Happy Days-are you just bring super optimistic or do you have some knowledge from inner sanctum? Geez. I reckon we would have made top 4 this year if Goldy had played for us. Knowing our luck we acquire him and his body falls apart. Still think he would add value mentoring Tim but we’d really want to make sure he can play a lot as I’m sure we will have to give something reasonable to the Roos.
    If I had inside info do you reckon I would be wrong so often?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes jeemak, azabob, Dry Rot liked this post