Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

If Dunks does go, who will Bevo fall back on to do the secondary ruck work? I'm going with Lin Jong.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If Dunks does go, who will Bevo fall back on to do the secondary ruck work? I'm going with Lin Jong.
    Can't stay on the park. Judging by this season it'd be Macrae.....so which club will come asking in the 2021 offseason?

3. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We were number 1 in the league this season for disposal efficiency. The narrative that we are poor users of the ball is just plain wrong, we have enough good users. Sometimes I feel like people don't watch any other footy to see how poorly other teams, kick, enter the forward 50, etc.
    Wow, really? Maybe I’m just focused on our disposal into fwd 50 haha
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagine Jongy being on the phone to Dunks saying “don’t leave...I don’t wanna ruck”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Wow, really? Maybe I’m just focused on our disposal into fwd 50 haha
    See we aren't that bad at that either. Fourth for marks inside 50, only Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane averaged more. We probably would have been number 1 if Bruce didn't develop concrete hands as soon as he pulled on our jumper and Naughton played most of the year. It is incredibly difficult to find targets inside forward 50 with the defensive structures these days. Once again watch how some other teams go about it and you won't feel so bad about our efforts.

7. Likes jeemak, BornInDroopSt'54, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagine Jongy being on the phone to Dunks saying “don’t leave...I don’t wanna ruck”
    Dunks: It'll be ok Lin, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and think of your happy place. It only hurts for a minute.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That set-up works well for Bevo. A winger who does some ruck work. He gets injured a bit too frequently though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That set-up works well for Bevo. A winger who does some ruck work. He gets injured a bit too frequently though
    And the problem is, an injury prone mid/winger is the last person you’d want being thrown to the wolves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    See we aren't that bad at that either. Fourth for marks inside 50, only Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane averaged more. We probably would have been number 1 if Bruce didn't develop concrete hands as soon as he pulled on our jumper and Naughton played most of the year. It is incredibly difficult to find targets inside forward 50 with the defensive structures these days. Once again watch how some other teams go about it and you won't feel so bad about our efforts.
    Both of these stats are very surprising. I suppose it just points to how badly we need decent small forwards to make the most of opportunities when the ball spills and to also hold the ball in our 50 by applying pressure. Largely it was the transition out of our F50 that seemed to hurt us the most. That and our at times horrid defensive setups.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Let's hope we don't go down that path and have a decent second ruck. Having said that, Richmond have won two of their three premierships using a mid as a second ruck.

I can see what we were trying to do this year, ie give English a rest, without dropping him, but really in hindsight, he should have had a couple of games rest and freshened him up for the run home.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Let's hope we don't go down that path and have a decent second ruck. Having said that, Richmond have won two of their three premierships using a mid as a second ruck.

I can see what we were trying to do this year, ie give English a rest, without dropping him, but really in hindsight, he should have had a couple of games rest and freshened him up for the run home.
    Or had he been given regular chop outs during the year he would have managed things a lot better at the business end of the season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that the non Essendrug media types have failed to mention the fact that this toxic dump of a football club are basically proposing a ransom demand on Josh with the promise of "considering" to draft Kyle only IF Josh agrees to move. It's time someone called this out. More disgraceful behaviour from a recidivist club with a lack or knowing right from wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Treloar to us is gaining some traction. If we lose Dunks, it would probably soften the blow. We do need that outside run in the mix, just his disposal at times but it's not that bad.

Have to say I'm warming to the idea. He's younger than I thought.
    Treloar's mental health problems seem to be putting Collingwood off. They feel it will affect him not having his partner and child close to him. I know nothing about his situation but surely must be a red flag for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Treloar's mental health problems seem to be putting Collingwood off. They feel it will affect him not having his partner and child close to him. I know nothing about his situation but surely must be a red flag for us.
    I think Coll are using this as an Avenue to remove him. At the end of the day they can’t have his $900k in their salary cap. With his partner moving, I think Coll has grabbed this and thought “here’s our chance”.

20. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Coll are using this as an Avenue to remove him. At the end of the day they can’t have his $900k in their salary cap. With his partner moving, I think Coll has grabbed this and thought “here’s our chance”.
    Given they also tried to move him on to the Gold Coast last year before his partner's netball move was a thing but he said no, I think you are correct and it is just an excuse.

Obviously we would still need to do our due diligence, but I highly doubt it's a deal breaker. His tendency to break down physically is of more concern to me.