Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Is Jaidyn Stephenson really on the trade table? He's the one I'd be looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Is Jaidyn Stephenson really on the trade table? He's the one I'd be looking at.
    With all the news coming out of Collingwood, who would know.
    It seems though there’s a massive salary dump required to give new contracts to De Goey and Moore, plus Grundy is on his mammoth salary I think?

Treloar, Phillips, Cox and Stephenson would be the order of chopping block I reckon. If Treloar digs his heals in and stays then surely the other 3 have to go.

I know on trade radio it was brought up about Beams being paid in full while taking a break for mental health (and I don’t wish that on anyone), and I can’t remember if it was SOS or Rendell that said, “well when Tom Boyd had mental health and walked away, he walked away from his contract as well, and retired”. Surely Beams is a massive hit to the salary cap as well, which would not be helping their cause.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that Adelaide hasn't chosen to match yet, given how widely expected it is that they will. They have until 5pm tomorrow, so there's time and maybe they're waiting until tomorrow when trade period starts to talk to StKilda and some other clubs before making their decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    It's interesting that Adelaide hasn't chosen to match yet, given how widely expected it is that they will. They have until 5pm tomorrow, so there's time and maybe they're waiting until tomorrow when trade period starts to talk to StKilda and some other clubs before making their decision.
    The Saints might have called their bluff here. I think they should match the offer and test the Saints resolve
    Pick 15 or 17 is about the correct value of him. Perhaps the Saints could get something back in the 2nd round
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Lonie coming to us starting to gather some strength again
    Oh god, just when I thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse!

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crouch on the news stating Crows should not match Saints, and he is committed 100% to Saints.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Crouch on the news stating Crows should not match Saints, and he is committed 100% to Saints.
    That’s adorable. He really thinks he’s Dusty doesn’t he.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That’s adorable. He really thinks he’s Dusty doesn’t he.
    He’s almost the opposite. Just empty calories.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Adelaide being a basket case.

They should definitely force a trade though.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Oh god, just when I thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse!
    I thought it played well this year from the games I watched. Not a huge fan but just going on what I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why St Kilda want Crouch?

Isn't Taranto out of contract next year? Not to mention Cripps, and (gulp) Bontempelli. I understand a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I just don't understand how what Crouch does helps the Saints. Does anyone understand what is happening here?

I would just wait 12-months...with players like King and Clarke developing well I don't think they need to accelerate their timetable too much...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why St Kilda want Crouch?

Isn't Taranto out of contract next year? Not to mention Cripps, and (gulp) Bontempelli. I understand a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I just don't understand how what Crouch does helps the Saints. Does anyone understand what is happening here?

I would just wait 12-months...with players like King and Clarke developing well I don't think they need to accelerate their timetable too much...
    I don’t really get it either. Even a guy like Treloar is a way better player, available at the same price and would seem to fit their style far better.

I guess they want to keep their momentum up and have cap space right now, but Crouch is not inspiring at all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

So apparently we're going after Lonie again because the saints are targeting Higgins. Like really? Why aren't we in for Higgins? I really need to stop reading AFL news. Someone tell me when something positive is linked with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Have I missed the announcement on list sizes for 2021 or are we really heading into trade week with that still in the air?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Have I missed the announcement on list sizes for 2021 or are we really heading into trade week with that still in the air?
    Still nothing announced on size or cap.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.