Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Looks like McKernan will go to the Demons on a one year deal.

Edit :Conflicting reports that it's either Demons or Saints. Not sure what they see in him TBH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Have I missed the announcement on list sizes for 2021 or are we really heading into trade week with that still in the air?
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still nothing announced on size or cap.
    But don't worry, that's perfectly fine and definitely not a risk to clubs in any way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why St Kilda want Crouch?
    All I can figure out is the appeal of a free agent and not having to trade to bring someone in for free that's better than others on the list.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com continuing to link us to Darcy Fort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why St Kilda want Crouch?

Isn't Taranto out of contract next year? Not to mention Cripps, and (gulp) Bontempelli. I understand a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I just don't understand how what Crouch does helps the Saints. Does anyone understand what is happening here?

I would just wait 12-months...with players like King and Clarke developing well I don't think they need to accelerate their timetable too much...
    SHHHH I can see Dodo salivating now.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Edit :Conflicting reports that it's either Demons or Saints. Not sure what they see in him TBH.
    Saints by the looks, on one year deal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Update from Collingwood list manager

JAIDYN STEPHENSON

“A conversation with a player doesn’t necessarily equate to them leaving ... I guess that (him playing at the Pies in 2021) remains to be seen (despite being contracted), we’ve got to get through trade period.

TOM PHILLIPS

“I think his manager Alex McDonald came out the other day and it was more of a discussion around his role. We moved Josh Daicos up to the wing this year and he had a super year and we’ve got Steele Sidebottom to come back. It’s more around a role discussion.

MASON COX

“Again, constant discussions with Mason. He has hit a trigger for 2021 and even in discussions for potentially beyond 2021. A bit to play out there, but we’re not wanting to have a running conversation there ... we, like all clubs, catch up with every other club once the season has finished. We literally go through every single player on every single list so his name comes up. As I said, we’re in discussions with Mason beyond 2021 as well.

JORDAN DE GOEY

(Announcing a contract extension for him) “Hopefully sooner rather than later.”

BRODY MIHOCEK

(Reportedly signing a three-year deal) “Yep. I don’t think it’s been announced so I probably shouldn’t have said that, but yeah he has.”

ON TOM MCDONALD POTENTIALLY COMING TO THE CLUB

“In Tom’s case, we did a bit of homework. I don’t think we’ll go down that path.”
    link
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

3 years for Mihocek is good business. He's quality.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

For a one year there is no real downside because he is a depth player for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan eyes Bulldogs move

Western Bulldogs will would look to facilitate a deal in the upcoming AFL Trade Period for Melbourne forward Mitch Hannan.

Dangerous forward Mitch Hannan has expressed an interest in calling VU Whitten Oval home in 2021.

The former VFL Bulldog has played 50 games for Melbourne since being recruited from the ‘Scray with pick 46 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

List boss Sam Power said the Bulldogs would look to facilitate a deal in the upcoming AFL Trade Period.

“Mitch has indicated he’d like to cross over,” the Bulldogs’ general manager of list and recruiting said.

“We have to work through that with Melbourne and what a trade looks like, which we’ll do over the next week.”

The 26-year-old played nine games at AFL level in 2020, kicking seven goals.

11. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannan and Lonie. Throw a blanket over them with Greene, Lloyd, Dale, Schache , west, weightman, Richards, cavarra, Gowers, lipinski . Most will either not play, or play 5-10 games.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hannan eyes Bulldogs move

Western Bulldogs will would look to facilitate a deal in the upcoming AFL Trade Period for Melbourne forward Mitch Hannan.

Dangerous forward Mitch Hannan has expressed an interest in calling VU Whitten Oval home in 2021.

The former VFL Bulldog has played 50 games for Melbourne since being recruited from the ‘Scray with pick 46 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

List boss Sam Power said the Bulldogs would look to facilitate a deal in the upcoming AFL Trade Period.

“Mitch has indicated he’d like to cross over,” the Bulldogs’ general manager of list and recruiting said.

“We have to work through that with Melbourne and what a trade looks like, which we’ll do over the next week.”

The 26-year-old played nine games at AFL level in 2020, kicking seven goals.
    GROAN.

Why chase legitimate quality when you can cut corners with a grab bag full of cloggers and question marks.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes DOG GOD, EasternWest, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    GROAN.

Why chase legitimate quality when you can cut corners with a grab bag full of cloggers and question marks.
    Yep, Stephenson MIGHT be up for grabs, and Jack Higgins too, but nope, we go for Hannan and possibly Lonie.
    Are Hannan and Lonie better than Dale and Lloyd, coz we can’t have all 4 on our shortened list.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we have different deals we want to do and can't afford Hannan or Stephenson........?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read Jack Higgins wants midfield time. He doesn't see himself as a small pressure forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post