Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Well you've convinced me soupaman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, WC are doing the right thing by developing a young ruckman under the guidance of an experienced one. Why would they give him up and give us a leg up?
    Just read that Hickey is off to the Swans also.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Which Victorian club should consider a last-ditch bid for Adam Treloar?

Victorian clubs are like jackals surrounding wounded prey, wondering if they might secure Adam Treloar at the right price. But where is the best fit?

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Treloar to the Bulldogs makes a heck of a lot of sense.

Tom Boyd’s retirement clears massive cap space and if the Dogs are to lose Josh Dunkley they will need to hit back in a way that doesn’t diminish their list given they were a long way from premiers this year.

Securing a player of Treloar’s calibre makes sense.

For all of the Dogs’ public positioning on Josh Dunkley, Treloar is an upgrade on a player Luke Beveridge often does not play in his midfield.

Ideally you don’t trade a 23-year-old and bring a rising 28-year-old in, but this is the Dogs’ flag window.

If the Dogs could secure pick 7 from Essendon (and something else) for Dunkley, they could split that pick 7 for a mid-teens and a later selection.

They could hand the mid-teens pick to Collingwood for Treloar while retaining later selections.

You never want to lose contracted players but the Dogs could emerge from a tough situation at least looking like winners, especially if Treloar can make an instant impact in a team that didn’t win a final this year.
    No. Dunkley stays for mine. Don't like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No. Dunkley stays for mine. Don't like that.
    To be fair the the whole scenario is prefaced by "if the Dogs are to lose Josh Dunkley". It's not like it says we should offload Dunkley and get Treloar.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund: "They're trying to work it out Jed Anderson and North Melbourne, but they are a fair way apart on the financial specifics."
    Surprising as one of North's better players and who else are they paying?

If Dunkley were to leave would Anderson be a slightly younger and cheaper alternative to Treloar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    To be fair the the whole scenario is prefaced by "if the Dogs are to lose Josh Dunkley". It's not like it says we should offload Dunkley and get Treloar.
    I am aware of that thank you Axey.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Trade Radio
    @traderadio
    ·
    Nov 5
    Of the four Pies players that have mooted to be on the trade table, how many will go?

(Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, Cox)

SOS: "I think 2 will go, I don't know which 2, but I don't think they will get rid of all 4"

Rendell: "I think all 4 will go"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nic Nat is already 30, so is Tom Hickey and he's also crap and Nathan Vardy is broken. I can't see it happening personally they'll want a single digit for him and we'll only get that if Dunks goes. Would think that question would be shut down very quickly.
    All good points and yet if we are just going to stand around waiting for the players we need to become available and tradeable we are only ever gonna pick up Mitch Hannan, Jack Lonie and Darcy Fort.

I think while he will be hard to get he is a perfect target a la MJP's thread. Dunkley wasn't available until Essendon made him so. Now it would seem he is as good chance to leave as any. We are so rarely aggressive with our trading and consequently the players we trade in are fringe types. Crozier has managed to become more than that, Keath too, but Bruce has shown why St.Kilda were happy to lose him, Lloyd has been a stop gap, Duryea serviceable, Schache shown why Brisbane let him go and Trengove has had a limited impact. If we aren't aggressive and try to pry out required players we will continue to end up with fringe types who often stay fringe types. I think this list of players shows the folly with only buying from the bargain bin, while you save money/trade capital you very rarely get anything good. I look at a club like Hawthorn (not recent Hawthorn) who saw Jack Gunston would make them better and made it happen.

Williams is important to West Coasts succession plan, I agree, however he is also just 3 career games deep and not in their best 22 (and probably at least 2 years away until NicNat retires). He is contracted but as Dunkley shows money talks and with an added bonus of being a Vic boy could probably be convinced.

Rucks are never worth that much on the trade table, if he wanted to be traded then I can't see how a late teens pick wouldn't be the maximum price we would have to pay. I mean similar quality players like Darcy Cameron (traded with pick 60 for pick 56 from a club that had him as their ruck depth so same scenario as Williams) and Callum Ah Chee (traded for future 2nd and 4th) didn't cost a heap, even though they'd prefer to keep him he is hardly proven and if he pushed for a trade despite being contracted for 2 more years (sound familiar) I'm sure it could happen.

I dunno, clearly it's an awkward year to be targeting ruck support for English so instead of picking up Darcy Fort because he falls in our lap we should be aggressive and target someone who we could give games to immediately and fills a clear need, he even seems to be the exact type of ruck Beveridge likes.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    All good points and yet if we are just going to stand around waiting for the players we need to become available and tradeable we are only ever gonna pick up Mitch Hannan, Jack Lonie and Darcy Fort.

I think while he will be hard to get he is a perfect target a la MJP's thread. Dunkley wasn't available until Essendon made him so. Now it would seem he is as good chance to leave as any. We are so rarely aggressive with our trading and consequently the players we trade in are fringe types. Crozier has managed to become more than that, Keath too, but Bruce has shown why St.Kilda were happy to lose him, Lloyd has been a stop gap, Duryea serviceable, Schache shown why Brisbane let him go and Trengove has had a limited impact. If we aren't aggressive and try to pry out required players we will continue to end up with fringe types who often stay fringe types. I think this list of players shows the folly with only buying from the bargain bin, while you save money/trade capital you very rarely get anything good. I look at a club like Hawthorn (not recent Hawthorn) who saw Jack Gunston would make them better and made it happen.

Williams is important to West Coasts succession plan, I agree, however he is also just 3 career games deep and not in their best 22 (and probably at least 2 years away until NicNat retires). He is contracted but as Dunkley shows money talks and with an added bonus of being a Vic boy could probably be convinced.

Rucks are never worth that much on the trade table, if he wanted to be traded then I can't see how a late teens pick wouldn't be the maximum price we would have to pay. I mean similar quality players like Darcy Cameron (traded with pick 60 for pick 56 from a club that had him as their ruck depth so same scenario as Williams) and Callum Ah Chee (traded for future 2nd and 4th) didn't cost a heap, even though they'd prefer to keep him he is hardly proven and if he pushed for a trade despite being contracted for 2 more years (sound familiar) I'm sure it could happen.

I dunno, clearly it's an awkward year to be targeting ruck support for English so instead of picking up Darcy Fort because he falls in our lap we should be aggressive and target someone who we could give games to immediately and fills a clear need, he even seems to be the exact type of ruck Beveridge likes.
    Sweet seems to have left the conversation, what was the point of him if we aren’t going to use him ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Sweet seems to have left the conversation, what was the point of him if we aren’t going to use him ?
    Considering we haven't talked him up at all and have preferred to go into games with no intention of playing English as an actual ruck despite him being the only ruck in the side I would suggest we aren't too convinced by him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Considering we haven't talked him up at all and have preferred to go into games with no intention of playing English as an actual ruck despite him being the only ruck in the side I would suggest we aren't too convinced by him.
    Did we sign him on a two year contract ?
    Personally I see something in him and would like to see him just ruck , has the body which English lacks at the moment.
    Admittedly in all our players defence especially the ones just in the system they haven’t had a good chance to do much/Learn with VFL abandoned.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Did we sign him on a two year contract ?
    Personally I see something in him and would like to see him just ruck , has the body which English lacks at the moment.
    Admittedly in all our players defence especially the ones just in the system they haven’t had a good chance to do much/Learn with VFL abandoned.
    Axeman can you answer Ledge question RE Sweets contact status? You really should make that list available to all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Gotta say, Soupaman is killing it this post season.
    He's been killing it for a long while
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Thanks soupman thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    AFL Trade Radio
    @traderadio
    ·
    Nov 5
    Of the four Pies players that have mooted to be on the trade table, how many will go?

(Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips, Cox)

SOS: "I think 2 will go, I don't know which 2, but I don't think they will get rid of all 4"

Rendell: "I think all 4 will go"
    Rumours that Freo have offered Phillips a 3 year deal at close to the money he's asking. Phillips wanted a 4 year deal but Freo's is the best offer so far.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Yep we are not aggressive enough. And then you think, the reason for that is so we can use the money on our young stars so they aren’t poached. Yet here we are anyway about to lose one of them. What our strategy is simply isn’t working.