Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  632
Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Player movement

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I completely disagree with this TBB. Our list has, particularly given we won a flag a few years ago (yep, that did happen), undergone a huge amount of transition and we're only starting to get/ figure out the balance we need.

Any reasonable assessment of a list going through a considerable rebuild would look at our last two years and suggest we're tracking correctly. I guess the hard part is convincing people we've been rebuilding for a few years now.
    You're right, our squad is entirely different to 2016.

I think a lot hinges on what we do this off season. The last 2 years suggests we're middle of the pack which is the worst spot to be. For comparison sake and taking away their horrid 5-10 years, Carlton have a more palatable build than we do in the last 2 years and I'm concerned they are one of a few clubs who will quickly overtake us. Yes, we've made finals and they haven't but our performances in those finals were putrid and I'd argue their list looks a LOT more balanced right now. We just have way too many inside mids / half backs.

I could touch on how crazy it is that we decided to rebuild after winning a Premiership with a very young list, but..... we've been there already

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aliir has medical at Port
    By Jake Niall
    Aliir Aliir has completed a medical at Port Adelaide, with the Power interested in recruiting the defender from the Swans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Aliir has medical at Port
    By Jake Niall
    Aliir Aliir has completed a medical at Port Adelaide, with the Power interested in recruiting the defender from the Swans.
    This might shake out a few at Port. I wouldn't mind having a nibble at Lienert, looked ok as a tall defender the few times I saw them this year. 195cm, 26 years old.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Think he just re-signed Comrade.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    This might shake out a few at Port. I wouldn't mind having a nibble at Lienert, looked ok as a tall defender the few times I saw them this year. 195cm, 26 years old.
    Cannot believe he is that tall. He plays like a mid sized half back.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

HUN reporting that Carlton are saying they will pull out of Saad deal. I guess it is due to Dodo's arrogance and what he wants for him.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

HUN reporting that Carlton are saying they will pull out of Saad deal. I guess it is due to Dodo's arrogance and what he wants for him.
    Said it in the Dunkley thread but we should do the same and so should GWS in the Caldwell deal.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon

Essendon and Carlton had all but agreed on a deal for Adam Saad until the Blues backed out in a surprise twist at the last minute.

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon.

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.

Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

It was said talks were calm and respectful until the last-minute surprise twist.

It is understood Saad’s camp is frustrated by the stalemate after positive progress on a deal last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Said it in the Dunkley thread but we should do the same and so should GWS in the Caldwell deal.
    Dodo needs to be called out. It has to be a win win or forget it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon

Essendon and Carlton had all but agreed on a deal for Adam Saad until the Blues backed out in a surprise twist at the last minute.

Carlton has backed out at the last minute on an Adam Saad deal with Essendon.

The Herald Sun understands the Bombers and Blues had all but agreed on a deal for the speedy defender last night after a marathon three-hour negotiation.

Saad’s managers Marty Pask and John Meesen from Kapital Sports played a central role in the talks to help break the impasse and the Bombers were also keen to get moving.

To break the deadlock, Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro was prepared to give Carlton Saad and a third-round pick in return for pick No. 8 and a future fourth-round choice from Carlton.

That way, Essendon was happy to receive pick No. 8 but help boost the Blues’ third-round draft position in return.

Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker.

But just as talks were set to be finalised with the Blues, Carlton backed out, leaving Saad’s future back up in the air ahead of tomorrow night’s 7.30pm deadline.

It was said talks were calm and respectful until the last-minute surprise twist.

It is understood Saad’s camp is frustrated by the stalemate after positive progress on a deal last night.
    Well that certainly is another pro-essendon narrative. I bet it didn't go down like that at all.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all WWE theatrics.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bravo Blues!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

As much as we would like it all to go arse up for Essendon, I certainly don't want to see Carlton pick up another quality player for nothing in the pre-season draft. Carlton are a competitor for us in the coming seasons and them improving their list for no cost is a bad outcome.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodo needs to be called out. It has to be a win win or forget it.
    His reputation is well known and I've said it a few times over the last few years that all clubs should just refuse to deal with him. While Essendon think he's doing the right things by them they don't have a reason to put someone over him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

SMALL SNAG IN SAAD SITUATION

AFL.com.au's Mitch Cleary is confident the trade to get Adam Saad from Essendon to Carlton will go through, despite an unsuccessful meeting last night.

"There was a meeting last night that they were hoping resolve it, and it would be one of first deals today, but it didn't go to plan," Cleary told Trade Radio.
    "Carlton's pretty adamant they want a second-round pick back as part of the deal, but Essendon say their second is tied up in the (Jye) Caldwell deal.
    "I would think Essendon need to do (Orazio) Fantasia first, get a second in from Port, and then use that."