Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  165
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant coaches merry go round

Fingers crossed they get the dead cat bounce this week against Melbourne.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bornadog, josie, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical Robert Harvey being gifted something only after the actual choice for it has to step aside.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Thanks Axe Man, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what is next for Bucks? His defensive nous is unquestionable, would he make a good senior assistant?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wonder what is next for Bucks? His defensive nous is unquestionable, would he make a good senior assistant?
    All part of the Malthouse succession plan, next stop Carlton senior coach.

7. Likes Twodogs, jeemak, macca, azabob, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even convinced he's a bad head coach.
    Norm Smith himself couldn't help that rabble right now.

I'd welcome him at the Bulldogs with open arms but I dare say he'll have a bunch of media jobs lined up.

I'm still strong on wanting Matty Boyd back. Damn soft cap will stop that from happening for a while.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

I'd welcome him at the Bulldogs with open arms but I dare say he'll have a bunch of media jobs lined up.

I'm still strong on wanting Matty Boyd back. Damn soft cap will stop that from happening for a while.
    Yeah, I rate him. His record since taking over the reigns at the Pies isn't great, but the squad post 2012 has been middling at best yet has always given us trouble and on paper they had no right in being a kick away from a flag in 2018.

Would happily have him at the Dogs as Bevo's right hand man but with soft cap restrictions, very unlikely.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Watching Boyd with all the Freo players around him was hard.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo and Bucks were in the coaching team at Collingwood in 2010. (Premiership Year). They might love or hate each other. But spending a year together would give Bevo insight as to what and who he wants. If they take out the head coach from the soft cap. Who knows. Providing Treloar doesn’t hold a grudge. I would though.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 09-06-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watching Boyd with all the Freo players around him was hard.
    I was happy to see him at work - and just thought those Freo mids would be benefitting from his experience and dedication

There is always time for him to come back at a later stage

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I rate him. His record since taking over the reigns at the Pies isn't great, but the squad post 2012 has been middling at best yet has always given us trouble and on paper they had no right in being a kick away from a flag in 2018.

Would happily have him at the Dogs as Bevo's right hand man but with soft cap restrictions, very unlikely.
    And what a kick it was! It would be hard for Bucks now that he knows he probably won't coach a team to a flag but it was virtually an impossible shot at goal that cost his team a premiership.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bevo and Bucks were in the coaching team at Collingwood in 2010. (Premiership Year). They might love or hate each other. But spending a year together would give Bevo insight as to what and who he wants. If they take out the head coach from the soft cap. Who knows. Providing Treloar doesn’t hold a grudge. I would though.
    Bevo was there only for a year. His first gig after St.Bede's.

Forgot where I heard it but Bevo was made to move (and ended up at the Hawks) given he was so highly regarded during his first year at the Pies that Bucks felt threatened about the Head Coach Succession plan being upheld.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Carlton have red pilled themselves with bringing in all this talent, and they now genuinely believe that they’re the most talented side and that by playing an all-offensive game style teams should have to worry about stopping them, totally casting aside the idea that their opposition might also be able to move the ball and score.

I didn’t want to say it at the time for curse-based reasons but Teague’s pre-game comments about wanting to lure us into a shootout should’ve set off alarm bells at Carlton. We were undefeated and in the top two at the time, playing on our home deck, and it appeared at least outwardly that Teague believed the best way to go about beating an objectively better side was to let them score as much as they want, on the belief that his team’s talent would let them score more.

I think he’s let the egos of their playing group go unchecked and now no one will defend anyone. Giving Saad $800k or whatever at the cost of a top 10 draft pick to run as fast as he can one way and as slow as he can the other was always a horrible idea and sums up their mindset and why they’re in the shape they’re in.
    On the last paragraph, the media has been suggesting since the start of 2021 that the Blues have no wriggle-room in their Salary Cap now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And what a kick it was! It would be hard for Bucks now that he knows he probably won't coach a team to a flag but it was virtually an impossible shot at goal that cost his team a premiership.
    It was a good shot at goal, but don't let the Collingwood BS (and BT in the commentary) get in the way by calling it an impossible angle. There was plenty of daylight to hit for a left footer and if people just kicked the footy like Dom Sheed did more shots than not would go through from that sort of spot on the ground.

As an aside, it was a block and Sheed also played on so it was on the umpires as well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah agree jeemak, a tough shot and even more than normal with the added pressure but far from an impossible angle.

For a left footer Libba from the boundary this week was more difficult

22. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

For a left footer Libba from the boundary this week was more difficult
    Sure...but we aren't comparing a game vs Freo in June with the last couple of minutes in a GF are we??

I mean, I'm all for it on a lot of levels but...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.