Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  165
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant coaches merry go round

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    "We've had these assistant coaches for too long. Obviously no one even wants them so they must be no good"

"Holy shit our assistant coaches are leaving. The club is a rabble why do they want out?"

Can't win really.
    I didn’t get that sentiment from the posts, me personally I would rather we make decisions as part of some over arching strategy than lose your Senior Assistant closely followed by the guy publicly announced as his successor a week later.

What’s the plan ? Why would Hansen leave under those circumstances? Maybe there’s a totally reasonable explanation, it just is a worthwhile discussion point I believe.

I’ve long advocated for this exact change so end result if we get decent people in then I’ll be good with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently we've approached Barry Hall for a forward line coaching gig..
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Apparently we've approached Barry Hall for a forward line coaching gig..
    A knowledgeable forward would be a good get but I would hope he has done the coaches coarse and how to deal with people because the Rocket Eade era has gone and people are more sensitive now days.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    "We've had these assistant coaches for too long. Obviously no one even wants them so they must be no good"

"Holy shit our assistant coaches are leaving. The club is a rabble why do they want out?"

Can't win really.
    Are you new to the internet?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    A knowledgeable forward would be a good get but I would hope he has done the coaches coarse and how to deal with people because the Rocket Eade era has gone and people are more sensitive now days.

If we're going down that path you'd think his ticked all the boxes that would be required of a coach
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I didn’t get that sentiment from the posts, me personally I would rather we make decisions as part of some over arching strategy than lose your Senior Assistant closely followed by the guy publicly announced as his successor a week later.

What’s the plan ? Why would Hansen leave under those circumstances? Maybe there’s a totally reasonable explanation, it just is a worthwhile discussion point I believe.

I’ve long advocated for this exact change so end result if we get decent people in then I’ll be good with it.
    I don't think we can read too much into it other than getting experience at another club is seen in the industry as good for enhancing prospects for career progression.
    Hansen was promoted internally, which indicates he was happy with things, and then he received another offer from another club, which he has weighed up (and probably discussed with Bevo) and decided that's better for his long terms ambition.

I agree, hopefully we make some good choices and bring in some fresh ideas.

Great to have you back on board by the way, GG!

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I don't think we can read too much into it other than getting experience at another club is seen in the industry as good for enhancing prospects for career progression.
    Hansen was promoted internally, which indicates he was happy with things, and then he received another offer from another club, which he has weighed up (and probably discussed with Bevo) and decided that's better for his long terms ambition.

I agree, hopefully we make some good choices and bring in some fresh ideas.

Great to have you back on board by the way, GG!
    Assistant coaches should want to work with a few coaches especially if they have senior coaching ambitions. I heard Hansen interviewed just the other day and he indicated he was very happy to stay but in time he wanted to move to a senior spot.
    I guess Carlton has weighed in with a superior offer and that is just the nature of the industry.

He's served a fantastic apprenticeship with us and would be highly regarded.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like both have just moved on to progress their career. The only part that should worry us is losing two experienced coaches and having some instability. I’m not big on coaching turnover and liked our settled team.

Hopefully we haven’t been caught out too much and were already well advanced in finding a King replacement.

13. Likes Grantysghost, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Hansen wants to be a senior coach then he’d be stupid not to go to Carlton. He’ll probably be senior coach by round 15! How long he’ll be senior coach is another question, but he won’t get a better shot at it than at Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Great discussion. Agree it does seem like it’s just some better deals coming in, and that’s probably a good reflection on their work with us.
    The Hansen timing is interesting considering he would’ve had a promotion with us and Voss literally was just appointed, feels like a short turnaround.

Excited to see who we get in. Do we have any idea who the leading candidates would be? Think they’d be queuing up to work with our team.
    Hansen was Forward, King mids IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading that SEN are going with John Barker and Ben Hart to fill our asst roles.
    Take that with a grain of salt .
    I will never see #16 the same!!

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Reading that SEN are going with John Barker and Ben Hart to fill our asst roles.
    Thats an underwhelming outcome

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie Betts will join Geelong as part of their coaching staff next season, according to Matthew Lloyd.

colorful space wallpaper

Shame we didn't get him.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

20. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It does seem a little quick, I’d assume there would be a process to get guys in.

Hart I don’t mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are you new to the internet?
    Yes.

23. Likes azabob liked this post