Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
Is that a serious question G?

I would say when you turn over a huge part of your list, including premiership players, for all sorts of reasons and then play young players recently acquired and fiddle around with positions of players suggests you're rebuilding.

As far as what type of rebuild it is, I don't know, a moderately successful one in which when it's been happening we've made finals twice - but haven't performed well when we did.

No club is allowed to say they're rebuilding anymore. Remember what happened when we had a "reset"? Then a slight rebuild? It's clear to me what's happening, and whether I agree with why it is happening it is, and I'm OK with the narrative coming out of the club this past year or so suggesting we want to get better quickly - you know - after basically saying we're rebuilding anyway.
Serious question for sure
When you see what North have done, it's clear they're in a rebuild mode. When you see Geelong topping up on ready made players and in a way avoiding the draft you can see they're in a contending mode. Port had tried to recruit senior players but found a better result with a push towards youth. Richmond have been hugely successful with a combination of systems based football and a good old smattering of star players. GWS have found that attracting the best young talent doesn't quite work and Collingwood has found that back ending contracts to create space in the salary cap eventually catches up with you. Brisbane seem to have a nice blend of experienced and younger players that is working for them and the Saints added some experience, a new coach who doesn't mind using taggers worked for them

It's not clear to me what we are doing about turning finals appearances into finals wins so if it's a rebuild it's ever so subtle