Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I'd prefer us to grab Sydney Stack than Cavarra if we had a choice.
    We can do both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Is Stack available?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Is Stack available?
    I've only read it on here.

Others we could look at are Jetta or Cedric Cox. All with speed to add to the list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Rocco Jones, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would have made no commitments to any of the three.

We need to add some point of difference as others have mentioned.

I can see us taking Smith with our first rookie pick which will make no sense at all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Smith, Hayes & Cavarra have been delisted. We've committed to re-drafting Smith, wait and see what we do with the other two.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/838262
    Tough old business isn't it? Smith has done well again to be given another opportunity but in fairness to him he would be an exceptionally hard worker
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Am I the only one really upset with Cavarra being delisted? He shows more promise than Smith and Hayes to me.
    I am very upset. Hope we rookie him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've only read it on here.

Others we could look at are Jetta or Cedric Cox. All with speed to add to the list.
    Stack made the cut, so still at Richmond, but not sure he has a contract?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stack made the cut, so still at Richmond, but not sure he has a contract?
    Contracted until end of 2021, signed a 2 year extension last year.

11. Thanks bornadog, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Tough old business isn't it? Smith has done well again to be given another opportunity but in fairness to him he would be an exceptionally hard worker
    Is Smith the next Dale/Boyd/Picken?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Is Smith the next Dale/Boyd/Picken?
    Those guys pretty much all came in and made an immediate impact. I think Picken was the oldest making his debut at 23 and he kept Brent Harvey quiet. Roarke is 24 and fringe at best. He has been on a list for a long time so his struggle is quite different to those 3 based more on his body and not being sure he'll be on a list year to year. I wonder if the comparison is apt.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a mention of Khamis! The 38 includes both Roarke & Buku, leaving us with as many as 6 free spots if we take an additional category B rookie (Raak).

Locked and loaded: What your club's list will look like in 2021

After the AFL's first list deadline, Mitch Cleary looks at the state of play at all 18 clubs

THE AFL's first list lodgement has been submitted for the off-season, which now provides a clearer picture on how many spots are up for grabs at each club going into 2021.

Under new list constraints announced last week, each club must have a minimum of 37 players and no more than 44 for next year.

Clubs must carry at least 36 senior listed players and if they're intending on hitting only 37 overall, then they can have as few as one rookie.

To reach the maximum of 44, that must include 36-38 senior listed players, four to six standard rookies and two Category B rookies.

Those taken in the NAB AFL Draft are senior listed players.

Clubs have also been granted extra flexibility in building their 2021 lists and can move two players from the 2020 senior to the rookie list for next season. As has been the case in recent years, the first $80,000 of each rookie's contract can sit outside the cap so by freeing up this process, it allows clubs to better manage their finances.

Under the revised Collective Bargaining Agreement, Category B rookies will be allowed to play without the need to be upgraded in 2021.

Mitch Cleary looks at how many players are contracted at each club ahead of the delisted free agency window opening on Thursday and the NAB AFL Draft on December 9.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Current contracted for 2021: 38

The total of 38 includes Roarke Smith who has been delisted but will return as a rookie for next season. Buku Khamis is expected to return as a Category B rookie, while the Dogs are all chips in on bringing in Next Generation Academy prospect Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at the pointy end of the NAB AFL Draft.

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we'll be taking up to 2 players in the main draft, and then leaving up to 4 spots for rookies who slip through.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Stack available?
    He's down the bottom of Richmond's priority list.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we'll be taking up to 2 players in the main draft, and then leaving up to 4 spots for rookies who slip through.
    We have to take a minimum of 2 players in the national draft (unless we sign a DFA to the main list) as we currently have 34 primary list players and need 36-38.

Interesting to see if we go with 36 or 37 (rather than the full 38) on the main list to take advantage of the $80K salary cap saving by having an extra 1 or 2 rookies.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be keeping a spot for the mid season draft next year.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket