Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

As discussed already I'd be really pushing to see if we can get Peter Ladhams to ask for a trade to us. Ruck who covers the ground well, is a decent ball user and links up play, can be effective up forward and is a decent mark and shot, would be a fantastic combo with English and enable us to play two rucks without feeling it. He'd be hard to get but the good ones are.

After that. I know nothing about O'Halloran but if we can get him relatively cheaply I'd be down. Perryman would be better and sounds like he is a chance to leave but again he would be expensive. Rarely does a player that couldn't get a game at GWS kick on though, even if it was through injury, so that would be my biggest reservation on O'Halloran (aside from the name Xavier, yuck). GWS are really good at pushing games into the young guys they like, and those are the ones definitely worth trading for, O'Halloran despite his draft pick could easily follow in the footsteps of the likes of Aiden Bonar, or Kristian Jaksch, or Will Setterfield as a player they didn't try to pump games in and was a high draft pick that hasn't really kicked on at his next club.

I would like us to try and get Quinten Narkle, seems to be on the outer and rumours he wants a move. Smooth moving, offensive player that could play as a high half forward for us with stints in the midfield, better linking our forwardline to the rest of the lineup. I haven't seen a lot of him but he looks like he has some pace and could also be an ok crumbing option without being an actual small forward, if he is going cheap I'd be totally down.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

2. Likes GVGjr, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen much of XOH, but nothing jumped out.

I'm with you soup, I really like Narkle and think he'd be a nice fit for us.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of Narkle off the Geelong site

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/video...=1565444036001

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/video...=1563760099001

With Mclean out for the year you can see the merit in having a crack at this kid. He does seem to have similar attributes to Toby being able to win the ball inside and get outside in one motion Bevo would like his flexibility. It's interesting though I wonder how the club feel about Garcia who sounds like he is making some nice progress( guessing he starts as a high half forward) and obviously West could also play this role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I know next to nothing about him - here is an article on him when he was selected in his debut game.

If he does come, number 33 is already taken...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...06-p55jbb.html
    Ron McCarthy's grandson?

Do the deal.

Next

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could we be in line to draft Jacksons younger brother Finlay Macrae ?
    Finlay Macrae
    Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Balanced Midfielder
    13/03/2002 | 184cm | 75kg

You may recognise the name and yes, Finlay is the brother of Western Bulldogs midfielder, Jack. They are quite clearly cut from the same cloth, with the younger Macrae possessing a similar ball winning appetite and class on the ball to his established older sibling. The 184cm Charger also boasts a terrific balance in his traits, able to impact the play moving forward with sound decision making and precise execution via foot, on top of his obvious exploits in extraction. While he is not overly quick, Macrae’s evasiveness comes through agility and awareness, which would have been on full show as he prepared to feature prominently for Oakleigh, Xavier College, and Vic Metro in 2020.

August Ranking: #20

Last Month: Inactive due to lack of NAB League and APS Football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Finlay Macrae

You may recognise the name and yes, Finlay is the brother of Western Bulldogs midfielder, Jack. They are quite clearly cut from the same cloth, with the younger Macrae possessing a similar ball winning appetite and class on the ball to his established older sibling. The 184cm Charger also boasts a terrific balance in his traits, able to impact the play moving forward with sound decision making and precise execution via foot, on top of his obvious exploits in extraction. While he is not overly quick, Macrae’s evasiveness comes through agility and awareness, which would have been on full show as he prepared to feature prominently for Oakleigh, Xavier College, and Vic Metro in 2020.

Trained with the club over summer. Not sure if we will have the pick necessary to grab him. Impressive though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Finlay Macrae

It's going to need a bit of a miracle for us to be able to land someone like Macrae
    Outside of Ugle-Hagan our next picks are likely to be late in the 3rd round
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

OK, take two.

Based of Axeman super awesome and often forgotten Contract thread

Easton Wood (has signed 2 year deal)

Resign: Taylor Duryea, Jordan Sweet, Ryan Gardner, Roarke Smith

Not Fussed: Lachie Young, Lin Jong, Fergus Greene

Delist: Sam Lloyd (payout contract), Tory Dickson, Billy Gowers, Brad Lynch, Cal Porter, Matt Suckling, Buku Khamis, Jackson Trengove, Ben Cavarra,
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Duryea was close to our best last night. The only one who looked like the occasion didn’t get to him.

Edit - I think you meant re-sign Duryea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    OK, take two.

Based of Axeman super awesome and often forgotten Contract thread

Easton Wood (has signed 2 year deal)

Resign: Taylor Duryea, Jordan Sweet, Ryan Gardner, Roarke Smith

Not Fussed: Lachie Young, Lin Jong, Fergus Greene

Delist: Sam Lloyd (payout contract), Tory Dickson, Billy Gowers, Brad Lynch, Cal Porter, Matt Suckling, Buku Khamis, Jackson Trengove, Ben Cavarra,
    I’m not comfortable with those decisions.

I hate shooting Bambi, but I think it was a mistake re-signing Easton for 2 years. He’s a great guy and been an awesome servant of the club, but his best is a long way in the rear vision mirror and has no point of difference. I would think he took about 6 intercept marks against North early in the year and wouldn’t taken about the same amount across all other games. He did do some good defensive jobs through parts of the year, but in a team with lots of defensive options I’d prefer we go in a different direction.

I think it’s time to make on Roarke... I just don’t see him ever being anything other than a bit part player and has no POD qualities. He was pretty good in the first half, but giving up 4 intercept marks in the last qtr was hard to take.

I’d love to keep Jong... not sure he’s body can stand up to AFL footy, but I love his hardness, speed and marking ability.

The decisions to re-sign Lloyd & Dale in late 2019 for 2 & 3 years is looking horrific now... I’d be happy to delist/ trade both now, but our hands are tied.

Happy with your delistings, but think that’s just a start and we need to trade aggressively with a few of our ‘nice’ players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I think it’s time to make on Roarke... I just don’t see him ever being anything other than a bit part player and has no POD qualities. He was pretty good in the first half, but giving up 4 intercept marks in the last qtr was hard to take.
    He was getting outmarked all night as he was playing on someone 10-15cm taller. Not his fault Bevo loves picking a midget side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I hate shooting Bambi, but I think it was a mistake re-signing Easton for 2 years. He’s a great guy and been an awesome servant of the club, but his best is a long way in the rear vision mirror and has no point of difference. I would think he took about 6 intercept marks against North early in the year and wouldn’t taken about the same amount across all other games. He did do some good defensive jobs through parts of the year, but in a team with lots of defensive options I’d prefer we go in a different direction.

I’d love to keep Jong... not sure he’s body can stand up to AFL footy, but I love his hardness, speed and marking ability.

The decisions to re-sign Lloyd & Dale in late 2019 for 2 & 3 years is looking horrific now... I’d be happy to delist/ trade both now, but our hands are tied.

Happy with your delistings, but think that’s just a start and we need to trade aggressively with a few of our ‘nice’ players.
    I don't disagree.

I think we could move on all of our uncontracted players and it we would be no worse off in 2021.

We clearly did not cut deep enough over the previous couple of years.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on the list size they are going with, last article from afl.com.au I read saying they will go from max of 46 (we had 45) to 44.

I would delist/retire:
    Billy Gowers
    Fergus Greene
    Jackson Trengove
    Brad Lynch
    Will Hayes
    Callum Porter
    Tory Dickson
    Matt Suckling
    Buku Khamis

Before trading and free agency, that gives us a combo of about 7 ND/RD picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Serious question - is there a way to get off this ridiculous contract we gave Bruce? I would take nothing in return if it meant we don't have to pay and/or play him for the next three years.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Serious question - is there a way to get off this ridiculous contract we gave Bruce? I would take nothing in return if it meant we don't have to pay and/or play him for the next three years.
    I've been a vocal as I can saying how disappointing I think he has been this season but the vast majority on here tend to think he's been OK in fact that he has been quite good in recent weeks. I just can't see it

He should be a better player next year but given he was played this year regardless of the form displayed I wonder what the incentive is for him to put the work in?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"