Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 89 of 122 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Would you think if Treloar has agreed to a medical he has agreed in principle to come over?
    From The Age:

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar has done a medical at the Western Bulldogs while teammate Jaidyn Stephenson has met with North Melbourne as he considers his future.

Treloar met with the Bulldogs at a discreet location away from Whitten Oval on Tuesday and had a medical after meeting with coaches and key staff.
    Sounds like it 1eyedog - now to do the deal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you think if Treloar has agreed to a medical he has agreed in principle to come over?
    I'd say so. Usually it's the last step isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I actually thought the other day that one way to keep Dunkley happy would be to put Bont forward more, but adding Treloar to the mix completely blows things up.
    The ones who are unhappy are the unhappy ones.

Trying to manipulate a situation to 'make' players happy simply doesn't work. Think about it with regards your work - when someone is considering leaving and is 'given more responsibility' to help convince them to stay, the whole cycle repeats in 6-months time.

This isn't me saying Dunks can't be turned around - just that he needs to DECIDE to be happy with what he has and what he is doing...the coaches can't do it for him.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Get on with it, be professional Dunks. Keep on ruckin' bro haha. Hope he stays it will be funny.
    Denying Essendon any joy will be the best result.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar does medical at Dogs

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar has done a medical at the Western Bulldogs while teammate Jaidyn Stephenson has met with North Melbourne as he considers his future.

Treloar met with the Bulldogs at a discreet location away from Whitten Oval on Tuesday and had a medical after meeting with coaches and key staff.

The Dogs wanted to assess the player's hamstrings in particular after he tore the hamstrings of both legs last year in an unusual incident and then tore a hamstring this year.

The results of the medical will be known on Wednesday and will determine whether the Dogs pursue talks with Collingwood for the player who is contracted for five more years with the Magpies on about $900,000 a year.

The Dogs also wanted to understand Treloar’s personal situation with his partner Kim Ravaillion moving with their young baby to Queensland next year for her to play netball on the Gold Coast.

Treloar has reportedly indicated he now considers it unlikely that he could return to Collingwood but he wants to play for a Victorian club and preferably one in finals or flag contention.

The Dogs say any move for Treloar is independent of a decision on Josh Dunkley after their midfielder asked to be traded to Essendon.

It is not inconceivable, but it is unlikely, the Bulldogs would trade for Treloar and still hold onto Dunkley.

Sources suggest they have sufficient salary cap space for the two players but the very fact of bringing in Treloar would mean there would be even more pressure for time playing on the ball next year and Dunkley had said time spent playing on the ball was a prime reason for his interest in a move to Essendon.

The Bulldogs are increasingly frustrated that the Bombers have offered a contract to their contracted player to encourage him to leave the club but to date have offered only a pick that they do not yet have – pick eight that Essendon will almost certainly get from Carlton as part of any exchange still being negotiated for Adam Saad.

Essendon has not offered either of the picks - six or seven – that they already have in the draft for Dunkley.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks Ghost Dog, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair point by commentators. Regards Dunks, they are potentially taking a high-quality contracted player away from us. His low-quality blogging is not in question here. But. Two first round picks please.

Adam's missus and baby moving to the Gold coast is a bit different. See how it works out. Why is this player leaving Collingwood may I ask? Hamstrings or can't get along with Bucks?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Bulldogs are increasingly frustrated that the Bombers have offered a contract to their contracted player to encourage him to leave the club but to date have offered only a pick that they do not yet have – pick eight that Essendon will almost certainly get from Carlton as part of any exchange still being negotiated for Adam Saad.

Essendon has not offered either of the picks - six or seven – that they already have in the draft for Dunkley.
    Typical Dodo tactics. I would just say too bad, or as BT said give them a deadline if we are trading him

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day he is signed with us. He can't walk unless we say so. correct?

Post Thanks / Like

It’s leaning that way. Hopefully Dodoro views the move as them
    having a chance, and when push comes to shove they will give up 2 low to mid range firsts.

This to me should still be our ‘minimum’ position to release Dunkley from his contract, regardless of AT’s commitment. Dunkley remains ours unless 2 firsts (or equivalent) come back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The ones who are unhappy are the unhappy ones.

Trying to manipulate a situation to 'make' players happy simply doesn't work. Think about it with regards your work - when someone is considering leaving and is 'given more responsibility' to help convince them to stay, the whole cycle repeats in 6-months time.

This isn't me saying Dunks can't be turned around - just that he needs to DECIDE to be happy with what he has and what he is doing...the coaches can't do it for him.
    Spot on MJP. People leave for all sorts of reasons- money, opportunity, job security. These things for footballers are compressed into a very small space of time, with a limited window and are made public. I don't know Dunks, but to me he wants to be the top dog so to speak - can he Bulldogs give this to him? I just don't think that the the way our club's DNA works. We have always been about the team. Its why we have so many 250/300 game players. Maybe Essendon will suit Dunk's DNA.

13. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Typical Dodo tactics. I would just say too bad, or as BT said give them a deadline if we are trading him
    Yep. After blowing three first rounders last year denying Daniher & Fantasia, if Dodoro leaves Dunkley nominating them and not getting there... I just don't see him keeping his job. You can be dick when you are winning. He's not winning recently.

We need to work out what picks we have, and then whether to 'trade up' or 'trade down' to improve our club. Sure we can feel out clubs, so I wouldn't give them passed midday tomorrow. Schedule Sam Power on Trade Radio at 12.30 to tell the world Dunkley is staying. Dunkley and his manager can freak out to Dodoro all tomorrow morning. Dodoro has no hand to play other than to get Dunkley in at a fair market price. That's a lot more than pick 8. Adrian, you can keep your job, land Dunkley and 'win' trade week again or you'll get nothing and like it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget about what we trade for Trelor my concern is his 5 year deal at $900K a year.

That seriously blows up our cap especially for not our most pressing need.

This has trouble in year 4 & 5 written all over it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m only dreaming but I’d be ok brining Trelor in if we can trade Bruce out to the pies.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Forget about what we trade for Trelor my concern is his 5 year deal at $900K a year.

The deal will only happen if Collingwood come to the party on the amount of his salary they will pay.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

What if we win a flag inside 4 years? How many chances do we get at securing a top line player now in his absolute prime?

I personally cannot remember any chances. We always draft. Time to make an audacious play while we can. We are in a window now and he will help big time across the next 3 years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post