Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    A future centre line that reads: WEST - WEST - WEST?

You know you want it.
    I dunno, a half-back WEST, wing WEST and half-forward WEST all playing on the western side at Docklands would be pretty sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Matt Rendell he really rates Cox as a ruckman. Says he has a great tank and very smart as well. His problem is Grundy who rucks the entire game. I would be happy to have him as backup and change with English in the forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think the MC, particularly Bevo, have put a line through his name due to a perceived lack of mobility. Not without some basis in fact, though the major point of contention is are you better off having someone with some mobility issues chopping out in the ruck and standing gorillas defencively or are you better off having more mobility but less ruck and defencive cover and ruck the likes of Dunkley.
    Well iif you ruck someone like Dunkley, then he does an ankle then we continue to play Groundhog Day time after time. He leaves and we get exactly what we deserve.

You need to own this Bevo
    Last edited by Bumper Bulldogs; 01-11-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Will if you ruck someone like Dunkley, then he does an ankle then we continue to play Groundhog Day time after time. He leaves and we get exactly what we deserve.

You need to own this Bevo
    Didn’t Dunkley hurt just ankle late in the GWS game in the forward pocket?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Listening to Matt Rendell he really rates Cox as a ruckman. Says he has a great tank and very smart as well. His problem is Grundy who rucks the entire game. I would be happy to have him as backup and change with English in the forward line.
    If you want an optimistic view of Cox rucking watch Q3 of their game against GWS. Probably his best ten minute patch in the ruck this year. Beats Mumford to a few hit outs through sheer size.
    Last edited by dog town; 31-10-2020 at 08:49 AM.

7. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Didn’t Dunkley hurt just ankle late in the GWS game in the forward pocket?
    Correct, it wasn't because he was in the ruck
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If you want an optimistic view of Cox rucking watch Q3 of their game against GWS. Probably his best ten minute patch in the ruck this year. Beats Mumford to a few hit outs through sheer size.
    Not like you have to jump at all against Mumford, bloke couldn’t hop let alone jump, he just barges in and wouldn’t know where the ball was half the time.
    Be interesting to see if Mumford actually got his hand on the ball clean to a team mate all year in the ruck contest.
    Not sure that’s anyone to rave about beating.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not like you have to jump at all against Mumford, bloke couldn’t hop let alone jump, he just barges in and wouldn’t know where the ball was half the time.
    Be interesting to see if Mumford actually got his hand on the ball clean to a team mate all year in the ruck contest.
    Not sure that’s anyone to rave about beating.
    Certainly not raving about him I don’t rate Cox in the ruck just giving people a reference point.

Post Thanks / Like

So.... whispers that Elliot Yeo is gettable....
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If Dunk's 2020 was a step backwards then I'd love to know what Yeo's would be considered.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not raving about him I don’t rate Cox in the ruck just giving people a reference point.
    Good reference point actually.
    A bit like English good against the mediocre in the ruck.
    Don’t get me wrong Engish is a very good player just not in the ruck.
    Cox is a very limited player, when the ball hits the ground he is nowhere as good as English.
    A good forward as a target up high but a very mediocre ruck , pretty much a one trick pony.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

No one has listened to Matt Rendell for like 10 years, why do we all of a sudden want to start now?

There is NOTHING to suggest that Cox is even a VFL standard ruck. Can we please actually try to do something worthwhile.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes ledge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should we be into any of the Geelong boys being pushed out to make way for the old brigade?

As far as I'm aware, Brad Close, Darcy Fort, Nakia Cockatoo, Quinton Narkle, Sam Simpson and Zach Guthrie are out of contract while Charlie Constable, Esava Ratugolea, Jordan Clark and Lachlan Fogarty all seem on the outer. Parfitt hasn't officially signed on but is rumoured to have extended for 2 more years.

Do any of these players hold interest to us? Almost all would cost stuff all I'd imagine, most have looked decent at stages albeit may have benefitted from having low expectations as being the 20th-22nd man.

Some are types we need/want, Ratugolea and Fort are mobile second rucks of questionable quality, Cockatoo and Clark are injury prone quick running wingers, Close, Narkle and Fogarty are all pacy half forwards that kind of crumb, Constable is a big bodied mid with a nice kick who is pretty slow and Simpson is a clean half forward/mid that seems the most established of the lot in their 22.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    So.... whispers that Elliot Yeo is gettable....
    Big Footy whisper or something more concrete.

Elliot Yeo would be welcomed.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Should we be into any of the Geelong boys being pushed out to make way for the old brigade?

As far as I'm aware, Brad Close, Darcy Fort, Nakia Cockatoo, Quinton Narkle, Sam Simpson and Zach Guthrie are out of contract while Charlie Constable, Esava Ratugolea, Jordan Clark and Lachlan Fogarty all seem on the outer. Parfitt hasn't officially signed on but is rumoured to have extended for 2 more years.

Do any of these players hold interest to us? Almost all would cost stuff all I'd imagine, most have looked decent at stages albeit may have benefitted from having low expectations as being the 20th-22nd man.

Some are types we need/want, Ratugolea and Fort are mobile second rucks of questionable quality, Cockatoo and Clark are injury prone quick running wingers, Close, Narkle and Fogarty are all pacy half forwards that kind of crumb, Constable is a big bodied mid with a nice kick who is pretty slow and Simpson is a clean half forward/mid that seems the most established of the lot in their 22.
    Forte is another ex Footscray player we were looking at originally like Hannan .
    Bring back the biff