Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 27 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    More articles linking us with Xav O'Halloran.
    At a guess I'd liken role with us as an early-years Callan Ward, although he played wing in his two games this year with GWS.

Ex-Jets captain so the romantic in me says just get him here.
    I'm getting Jack Steele vibes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm getting Jack Steele vibes.
    He could certainly take a turn in the centre if need be. Lipinski with pace, a bit more inside.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a few small forwards out of contract at years end.

Nick Hind at saints has looked ok, although Jack Lonie has taken his spot of late.

Interestingly Ben Ronke is out of contract - is he a defensive forward though?

Jack Higgins has had his injury issues, but him and Bailey Smith are good mates...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510272/t...-s-dan-butler-
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Higgins would cost a packet, and after his issues I'd expect him to stay.

Lonie is out of contract and seems the most 'gettable'.

Post Thanks / Like

Xav O'Halloran would come fairly cheap I would imagine given GWS hardly played him. Sounds like a decent pickup to me given his strengths are acceleration from the contest and low bullets passes into 50. He also has great contested ability and runs both ways. Doesn't get a lot of the ball but that isn't an area of need for us. Sounds like a big bang for your buck kind of player.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Xav O'Halloran would come fairly cheap I would imagine given GWS hardly played him. Sounds like a decent pickup to me given his strengths are acceleration from the contest and low bullets passes into 50. He also has great contested ability and runs both ways. Doesn't get a lot of the ball but that isn't an area of need for us. Sounds like a big bang for your buck kind of player.
    Given we need more picks to secure JUH not to mention potentially Raak and Macpherson, (some press reporting Adelaide intend to bid at pick 1) it will be interesting who we look to trade out to get additional picks to bring in guys like Halloran and Lonie. I know they're both out of contract but I don't think they're free agents, so will need to be traded for.

Post Thanks / Like

More articles linking us with Xav O'Halloran.
    At a guess I'd liken role with us as an early-years Callan Ward, although he played wing in his two games this year with GWS.

Ex-Jets captain so the romantic in me says just get him here.
    I know next to nothing about him - here is an article on him when he was selected in his debut game.

If he does come, number 33 is already taken...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...06-p55jbb.html
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given we need more picks to secure JUH not to mention potentially Raak and Macpherson, (some press reporting Adelaide intend to bid at pick 1) it will be interesting who we look to trade out to get additional picks to bring in guys like Halloran and Lonie. I know they're both out of contract but I don't think they're free agents, so will need to be traded for.
    We don't necessarily need to trade players out, we can use future picks, either for additional picks in 2020 or incoming players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I suppose it will come down to how tight the squeeze is at GWS. All teams will be forcing out a lot of players with reduced list sizes but GWS always has a tighter ship to run.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm warming to Lonie, who I've always liked anyway (for once I will allow you to check my post history). He's shown a bit more toe in his last couple of games, maybe he's fitter than previous? Either way he definitely hits the scoreboard which is something that is both really difficult to do and all too often overlooked.

O'Halloran feels name brand only and don't know what he's actually done to suggest we should target him other than get drafted high. He looked a mile off it when he played this year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'm warming to Lonie, who I've always liked anyway (for once I will allow you to check my post history). He's shown a bit more toe in his last couple of games, maybe he's fitter than previous? Either way he definitely hits the scoreboard which is something that is both really difficult to do and all too often overlooked.

O'Halloran feels name brand only and don't know what he's actually done to suggest we should target him other than get drafted high. He looked a mile off it when he played this year.
    He’s a dogs supporter. The giants have treated him poorly since drafting him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He’s a dogs supporter. The giants have treated him poorly since drafting him.
    But can he play?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But can he play?
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

But yes he can certainly play. I think he'd be the perfect student for Bevo.

16. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But can he play?
    Highly rated junior, development impacted by injury and no NEAFL this year. High character.
    I imagine if we brought him in it wouldn't be as an impact player but to develop him longer term.

18. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highly rated junior, development impacted by injury and no NEAFL this year. High character.
    I imagine if we brought him in it wouldn't be as an impact player but to develop him longer term.
    Yep it'd be a long term project. He's high character and has all the trademarks of a great leader. I think he just needs the right environment to excel. As I said, he'd be perfect under Bevo and Bevo would love him too.