Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Oh shit does that mean I miscounted? Does that mean we need to cut 6 to get down to 33?
    I'm not exactly sure. We currently have 33 contracted primary list players and 6 uncontracted, so if we need 5 list spots free on draft night like you are saying, I guess all 6 would have to go?

Also I'm pretty sure rookie upgrades haven't been done within the draft for years.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is a no brainer that we cut Trengove, Porter, Hayes and Cavarra and I also believe Suckling is done. I wouldn't even consider redrafting, but happy to see them on the list at Footscray with 1 or 2 rookie spots available that they could allow someone to be brought in if circumstances evolve to suit. Khamis and Roarke Smith might need to go also

Duryea I would keep.

I would also be prepared to delist contracted players in Lloyd and Dale, but redraft to meet their contract if they are not picked by another club.

Dale I would be keenest to keep, but Roarke Smith would be ahead of Lloyd for me.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw I would cut all the out of contract guys, so Suckling, Duryea, Porter, Cavarra, Hayes and Trengove all gone.

None of them to me represent depth that brings quality to the side, and most of them are depth that we have been super reluctant to use even with multiple opportunities to do so anyway. Duryea is the hardest cut and one I suspect we would redraft pretty quick, I think he is ok but Williams plays his role better and we have committed to Wood for 2 years and he seems best as a lockdown player on the smalls so I don't see a role for Duryea apart from depth, and with Butler, Khamis, probably McPherson and maybe Raak waiting in the wings i'm happy to move Taylor on.

I'd also pay out Lloyds contract, I like him but don't think he is that good and we do not need him when we have Hannan and Dale and Wallis and Weightman all on the list.

Assuming McPherson is good enough then he gets picked up regardless of whether a bid comes through or not. Apparently we are only allowed 4 rookies and I don't see us cutting any of Smith, Khamis, Sweet and Gardner to make room there for Ewan. If Raak doesn't attract a bid though that would be ideal as we could grab him as a cat B player.

So 1 list spot to JUH, and 1 to McPherson so far.

With the remaining three spots I'd be looking at getting a key defender prospect and a quick crumbing forward. Both are player types that can be quality despite commonly being found at the tail end of the draft. If Raak gets big on I guess he fills the key defender prospect but I'm not sure he is as big as I want, i would like someone close to the 200cm mark with an ability to fill out more than the likes of Gardner has. For the forward particularly I'd be looking at someone with exposed senior form in the role, as most of the good ones did an apprenticeship in the state leagues before getting picked up.

The last pick I'd pass on and opt for the whole try before you buy option by getting one or three blokes to do a pre season with us and earn their way onto the list. Very open to these being delisted guys, the winner gets a rookie spot with us for 2021.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    EasternWest wants Suckling to stay. I heard if he Suckling goes, EW is done with woof and AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think Sucklings body is failing him too often now - he’s been a super recruit but I think he’s done

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Then best someone with Facebook thing start a page and a change.org petition to support ‘Eastern West in his life long quest to have Suckling listed indefinitely’. We do this in your name EW.

EasternWest phoned it in, he says, Treloar for Jumper #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    But what will Suckers have?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

EasternWest's admiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Surely #1 will be retired and hung from the roof at Marvel if the great man doesn't go around again!

Yes. Yes.

'The Doug Hawkin's Wing' - and -

'The Matthew Suckling Left Hand Only Side of The Ground'. Where only ALL the grounds vendors are on, because there's no business being done on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

I want that fat little small forward from the SANFL. I like the security of looking to the state leagues in this draft economy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I want that fat little small forward from the SANFL. I like the security of looking to the state leagues in this draft economy.
    Andrew Hooper?

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the main list, with Treloar, we have 39 players and need to get to 38.

We are required to draft at least 1 player - JUH

I think we should still draft 3 players all up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Delist

Porter - sorry, but he is behind Libba, Dunks, Lippa, West, Garcia - there is depth and then there is wasting a list spot;
    Hayes - just can't see where he is going to play, especially with Vanders and now Treloar (who will result in someone moving to a wing);
    Trengove - what role does he play? Not aback up backman. Not a back up ruckman. Time is up;

Borderline Delist

Dureya - he is injury prone. His best though and he is an important part of our backline. Leaning towards a delist
    Suckers - father time is catching up. Again injuries haven't been kind and he struggles to make the best 25. Treloar pushes him out further as we have to make room on a wing and half forward.
    Lloyd - appreciate he is still contracted, but I can't forgive the what he jibbed it against either the Pies or Saints in the 1st two rounds - awful - if he goes we keep Cavarra. If Lloyd stays then Cavarra goes.

Keep
    Dale - he is frustrating, but at his best he knows how to kick goals. Poor year 2020 and running out of time. Had we kept Greene he would have been in danger, but losing Greene keeps him alive for another year
    Cavarra - has some tools that can be useful and still has time to cement the small defensive forward spot. Its either him or Lloyd though - not both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Delist

Porter - sorry, but he is behind Libba, Dunks, Lippa, West, Garcia - there is depth and then there is wasting a list spot;
    Hayes - just can't see where he is going to play, especially with Vanders and now Treloar (who will result in someone moving to a wing);
    Trengove - what role does he play? Not aback up backman. Not a back up ruckman. Time is up;

Borderline Delist

Dureya - he is injury prone. His best though and he is an important part of our backline. Leaning towards a delist
    Suckers - father time is catching up. Again injuries haven't been kind and he struggles to make the best 25. Treloar pushes him out further as we have to make room on a wing and half forward.
    Lloyd - appreciate he is still contracted, but I can't forgive the what he jibbed it against either the Pies or Saints in the 1st two rounds - awful - if he goes we keep Cavarra. If Lloyd stays then Cavarra goes.

Keep
    Dale - he is frustrating, but at his best he knows how to kick goals. Poor year 2020 and running out of time. Had we kept Greene he would have been in danger, but losing Greene keeps him alive for another year
    Cavarra - has some tools that can be useful and still has time to cement the small defensive forward spot. Its either him or Lloyd though - not both
    FrediKanoute I'm not sure we'd be in a position to pay out Dales contract with 2 years to go even if we wanted to.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

What does it say about Schache, Dale and Lewis Young that there was not one rumour about a club at least asking the question.

Heck Power targeted Aliar rather than a home grown product in Lewis Young.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What does it say about Schache, Dale and Lewis Young that there was not one rumour about a club at least asking the question.

Heck Power targeted Aliar rather than a home grown product in Lewis Young.
    Basically zero interest in any of the players who fell out of favour with us. I would say it means that most other clubs see the same issues that our coaches have.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure you can see Duryea, Khamis and Young on the Treloar video. Would think that means that they are staying.

16. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m surprised Doc is on the delist pile of so many here. Reckon we’re better with him in the team.

18. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just listened to a Sam Power interview where he mentioned Josh Dunkley being a long term player for us.. I see a contract extension coming with more $$$
    I hope The club can get him in love with us again.
    We have an awesome list and he is a huge part of it , I see some very astute contracts being made up to accommodate the main group because they are all extremely good in their strengths.
    Bring back the biff