Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
What are the thoughts if we should retain Lin Jong? He played some good football this year but if lists are reduced can we keep a player who is missing so much football?
I've been an advocate for cutting the list pretty hard but I would keep Jong around. I think he has a bit of a pod to the rest of our mids with his burst pace, size and ability to be effective up forward. I don't think he is amazing but he is good enough to be best 22 for us. I would however have no real issue if we did cut him.

I think he clearly offers more than Suckling, Trengove, Khamis (unsure if we delist him but he hasn't gotten close to a game yet), Gowers, Porter, Greene, Hayes and Lynch. He probably also offers more than Cavarra (who while filling a role of need doesn't seem to be trusted in it and hasn't performed there yet either) and definitely Sweet although I concede Sweet is on the list in a specific backup ruckman role that Jong doesn't fit *insert joke about Bevo's ruck strategy*. I would also expect at least one of Lewis Young and Josh Schache is moved on.