Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Jono Marsh is also training with Carlton, they'll pick one of the two.
    Perhaps we don't take anyone and wait until mid year.
    hopefully at minimum we get a couple of kids to train with us, just in case we find someone that suits our needs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Jetta has signed with Swan Districts, but he also thinks he had a couple of extra years to give, and I'd still love for us to get him down here alongside JUH.

Diamond hunting is all well and good (with very low chances of success), but culture and leadership are vital, and JUH might be the future of the club if we can get it right, and having him as the only Indigenous player on the list is a concerning beginning (and that might be understating things).
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Given the number of Vic kids that wouldn't have had the chance to impress and develop over the past year, I would be inclined to bring a handful of those who weren't drafted down to training over the next 3 months and see if any of them put their hand up for a spot.

4. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I know that Jetta has signed with Swan Districts, but he also thinks he had a couple of extra years to give, and I'd still love for us to get him down here alongside JUH.

Diamond hunting is all well and good (with very low chances of success), but culture and leadership are vital, and JUH might be the future of the club if we can get it right, and having him as the only Indigenous player on the list is a concerning beginning (and that might be understating things).
    I logged on this morning to mention him. He looks like he still has his speed, could he play that pressure forward role (with a little rotation to the wing)?

Considering we are usually the youngest team to take the field each week (and Trengove, Lloyd, Suckling have all moved on) some extra experience in the squad wouldn’t go astray.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Given the number of Vic kids that wouldn't have had the chance to impress and develop over the past year, I would be inclined to bring a handful of those who weren't drafted down to training over the next 3 months and see if any of them put their hand up for a spot.
    Yes this.

Also while the Lloyd retirement is a surprise it is not the move we needed to free up a list spot for someone we thought could play a role. If we thought we could bring in a ready to go guy like Scharenberg, McDonald, Eagles etc. and that we needed them for team balance or whatever then we would have done it at the expense of retaining Hayes or Cavarra. I'll be pretty disappointed if we act like Lloyds departure enables us to bring in someone we "need" when just a week ago we chose to retain those two guys who aren't even in our first team plans at all.

This has to be used as an opportunity to try a few high potential prospects out before we pick them up and also as a headstart by giving us a pick in the mid season draft which will definitely have some very talented bolters available.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL site mentions following are training with Bulldogs:
    Ewan Macpherson (Northern Knights)

Corey Preston (Eastern Ranges)
    Anthony Scott (Footscray Bulldogs)

10. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some info on Corey Preston https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/corey-preston/ just turned 18 today.

12. Thanks azabob, macca, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post

Any of them tall defenders?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info on Corey.

Ewan Macpherson: https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/ewan-macpherson/

would be a good story if we could pick him up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Any of them tall defenders?
    None of them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post

Scott trained with us last year didn't he? Some kind of inside/clean mid who isn't quick?

McPherson honestly sounds like Butler. Solid behind the ball medium who is decent but not damaging with ball in hand.

Preston reads like every single one of our small forwards. Decent athlete who is strong overhead and has a nice leap. That could describe Weightman, Dale, Bedendo and Hannan. Not quite the point of difference i would've liked

Would've been nice to have at least one key defender prospect or crumbing forward type. I guess Preston is meant to be the latter. I assume it's harder than normal with Covid to get interstate guys to train with us with no guarantee of a contract.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Scott trained with us last year didn't he? Some kind of inside/clean mid who isn't quick?

McPherson honestly sounds like Butler. Solid behind the ball medium who is decent but not damaging with ball in hand.

Preston reads like every single one of our small forwards. Decent athlete who is strong overhead and has a nice leap. That could describe Weightman, Dale, Bedendo and Hannan. Not quite the point of difference i would've liked

Would've been nice to have at least one key defender prospect or crumbing forward type. I guess Preston is meant to be the latter. I assume it's harder than normal with Covid to get interstate guys to train with us with no guarantee of a contract.
    Overall our recruiting team have done exceptionally well but like many efforts over the years there is a level of duplication with some of our selection and that is probably unavoidable

I agree that a developing key defender would have been a good option for us although we did bid on Brand so I suspect the well might have run dry for us.

Given all the distractions of the season I think our recruiting team would be very pleased with the players they've brought in

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the plan is to monitor state leagues and ‘In emergency break glass’ via the mid season draft.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been interested in Preston all year (by rumour), I'd expect him to get a rookie spot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    thanks for the info on Corey.

Ewan Macpherson: https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/ewan-macpherson/

would be a good story if we could pick him up.
    Strewth. Son of Super or what?

BORDERLINE FLYING

24. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post