Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
I also saw Lewis Young’s 5th game where Jon Patton nearly made him cry. Sometimes guys start fast and get worked out.
In saying that, I’m a fan of both. I’ve been a proponent of Schache since he arrived and I think Young has huge upside. Unfortunately it seems both have issues in maintaining intensity and physical presence which are attributes that seem to be prized fairly highly by this regime. Would I have given them both more games this year? For sure. But I don’t know what conversations are being had internally either. The problem may be that this is something that isn’t necessarily coachable. It’s clearly the reason not many teams were interested in Schache when he was available for trade. I hope we keep both and give them opportunity but I can see where both would be looking elsewhere.
Patton was close to the best big forward in the competition. He shared leading goal kicker with Cameron in a strong team. The in form Patton had 15 possessions and 4 goals. He had kicked 20 goals in the previous 7 games.

Young still had 11 possessions and 5 marks. A mismatch where he was beaten but not disgraced.

And in a team that kicked only 7 goals.

It was a slaughter with GWS kicking 16 goals. Young was far from being a problem.

Against the Lions a few weeks ago Gardner had 5 possessions and his opponent got 5 goals. Made him a selection certainty. Hipwood had kicked 7 goals in the previous 7 games- 1 in each.