Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Brisbane Lions trade Round 4 (70) to North Melbourne for its Rd 4 (63).

The Brisbane Lions have traded Stefan Martin to the Western Bulldogs.

The Western Bulldogs have traded Lachie Young to North Melbourne.
    In: Martin, Hannan,
    Out: Dickson, Young, Greene, Gowers, Lynch

Net: 3 Spots Open
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    In: Martin, Hannan,
    Out: Dickson, Young, Greene, Gowers, Lynch

Net: 3 Spots Open
    With List reductions this will grow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With List reductions this will grow.
    Obviously. Dunkley could make it 4, Treloar could make it 3, so we are back to 3 net. For draft point purposes I think we probably need a net 5 spots for draft night and a say a couple for lists shortening. That's 10 needing to go, so the six that will go. So four more delistings.

JT seems redundant with Martin. Then there's 3 more potentially.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar apparently having a medical with us according to the age

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Treloar apparently having a medical with us according to the age
    That has really progressed.

Treloar to do medical with Bulldogs

By Michael Gleeson

Adam Treloar will do a medical when he meets with the Western Bulldogs today.
    Sources said the Bulldogs were keen to assess his hamstrings, given Treloar's injury history.
    The club want to be prepared and informed should a trade develop.
    As reported earlier today by Michael Gleeson, the Dogs remain of the view that they could trade for Treloar unconnected to any decision on Josh Dunkley, who has asked for a move to Essendon.

The Dogs were keen to meet with Treloar to get a clearer picture of whether there is merit in progressing talks about a possible trade for the star Magpie, who has been squeezed out at Collingwood.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Brisbane Lions trade Round 4 (70) to North Melbourne for its Rd 4 (63).

The Brisbane Lions have traded Stefan Martin to the Western Bulldogs.

The Western Bulldogs have traded Lachie Young to North Melbourne.
    So North get Lachie Young for a 7 pick downgrade in the 4th round. Essentially free.

I hope this is a down payment of good will if we try to tempt North for Pick 2.

Post Thanks / Like

So North get Lachie Young for a 7 pick downgrade in the 4th round. Essentially free.

You’d hope so. They would want plenty of picks after all their list cuts. But I won’t hold my breath. We have a tendency of giving players away virtually free.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Treloar may happen then. Maybe a deal has been done between the clubs and it was about convincing him. If he's agreed then last step is possibly the medical. I'm happy with this I think. Will see what we cough up I assume next years first and back ourselves in next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Surely impossible we keep Dunkley AND get Treloar.

$$ is one, sharing mid minutes is another.

The other question to ask is I wonder if we have any plans to play Bont more forward?
    It’d be worth it, just to tell Dunks he’s going to be a permanent forward...

I actually thought the other day that one way to keep Dunkley happy would be to put Bont forward more, but adding Treloar to the mix completely blows things up.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the medical is just so if a deal can eventuate we’re fully aware with what we’re getting. Oh and that he also is willing to play for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't he just going to sign with them for free? We did well to turn this around and use a player we weren't going to keep into someone we will use regularly. Fingers crossed on regularly

Post Thanks / Like

You’d hope so. They would want plenty of picks after all their list cuts. But I won’t hold my breath. We have a tendency of giving players away virtually free.
    Both Young and Martin could have been picked up as free agents.

Our choice with Young was either offer him a spot on the main list, or let him go. I assume our preferred option was to give him another rookie contract, but with north offering a main list contract that allowed them to get him for free.

I don't think we've done anything wrong here. Good luck Lachie - don't get too good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It’d be worth it, just to tell Dunks he’s going to be a permanent forward...

I actually thought the other day that one way to keep Dunkley happy would be to put Bont forward more, but adding Treloar to the mix completely blows things up.
    Martin ruck, English forward, Dunkley forward / second ruck for the next two years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the medical is just so if a deal can eventuate we’re fully aware with what we’re getting. Oh and that he also is willing to play for us.
    Yeah I view it as a building inspection when buying a house. You don't not bid on a multi-million dollar asset without doing an inspection.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you think if Treloar has agreed to a medical he has agreed in principle to come over?