Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

If it's a straight swap of Treloar for future 2nd, there is no denying that is an excellent value trade.

2. Likes chef, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Future 2nd seems decent value but Collingwood would need to cough up a decent chunk of his wage. His value has been trashed by the Pies.

Can't see how we fit Dunkley and Treloar in the same midfield and both on decent dollars, so suggests we're planning on doing a deal with Essendon.
    Sam Edmund reporting we're only offering $600k for Treloar. I hope that for all five years, and we make Collingwood pay up big.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sam Edmund reporting we're only offering $600k for Treloar. I hope that for all five years, and we make Collingwood pay up big.
    Depending on the medical and trade, that’s worth backing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar @ 600K for a future 2nd?

I'll buy Sam Power dinner and a movie if that happens.

7. Likes 1eyedog, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Yep, that's a good deal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The way he's going he'd get an uber fare out of you too

10. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the least I could do

12. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll be damned if that isn't exactly what I asked for. Only way it's more perfect is if they take Bailey Dale instead.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the least I could do
    Sam seems the perfect gentlemen. Kiss on the cheek at your door and he’d be on his way.

16. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Sam seems the perfect gentlemen. Kiss on the cheek at your door and he’d be on his way.
    Depends where TBB takes him to dinner.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes WBFC4FFC, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Open to any and all suggestions, let's celebrate the man.**

** Sam, please don't burn me by 7:30pm tonight with these comments.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    And also if Sam likes coffee. Sam wouldn't go up for coffee as it'd keep him up all night.

22. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Vred, Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Treloar for 600k a year + a future second is beyond a steal, that'll outshine any deal this year. Sam Power will have earned his $$$ if we pull that one off.

7+8 for Dunkley or hit rocks, it's that simple. Do not blink Power, do, not, blink.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

24. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And a kiss goodnight. It's a great deal. Man the Pies are squeezed.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting take from a Pies fan. Make of this what you will:

Salary Cap - We need to move someone to be under next year, this has been an on going issue for the past 4-5 years. It has been caused by incentives in contracts not the base contracts. We got ourselves into a pattern of rolling over player insentive payouts owed that year to the following year. It has now got to the point the roll over effect has built up so much over the past 4 years this year we have to move someone. This started prior to Ned Guy, I know Ned Guy is a whipping boy around here, he actually has a plan to get us in a suitable position to be able to attract free agents. He has over paid some players for sure, but this started prior to him and to avoid this situation in the future his policy is higher base less to no performance based incentive to avoid this in the future.

Tom Lynch - He agreed to sign with Collingwood, we had to pull out of the deal when the contract we agreed with him was no longer feesable due to these performance based incentives. Richmond only became a serious option for Tom when we pulled out. The Buckley chat mid season was the scape goat, he was more pissed about us stuffing him around.

Adam Treloar - The leadership group suggested he be the one moved to save us cap, they are frustated as his lack of defensiveness and can't see us winning a premership with someone who only front runs and while he has pace to breakaway his foot skills don't do enough damage to be a purely offensive player. They also refuse to beleive he can cope being in Melbourne with his partner in Queensland, he did not request 2-3 days a week to go up there what so ever that is a rumour. But he has been known to not go to training and stay home if his partner was sick or had the sniffles, based on this they can't see how he can cope with being in another state from his partner and child. Is owed 900k in 2021 due to back payments of performance incentives / renegotation. It is not 900k for the life of the contract, it goes back to 600k for 2022 and then builds back up to 750-800k by the final year. The deal of us paying 300k is to cover that first year, it is not for the life of the contract. Apparently Bucks didn't tell him the leadership group wanted him out, but someone let it slip and he found out through the media and that was the point he realized he can't stay.

Jayden Stephenson - Is a headcase, loves himself and thinks he's made it already. His contract is 600k after he renegotiated after wining the rising star. Collingwood are sick of having to monitor a professional athlete in the gym, he is known to not stick to his dedicated plan to the point of Collingwood basically now having a full time babysitter with him ensuring he does the full gym session. He is known as FIGJAM for a reason and isn't the most loved player at the club. Collingwood are trying to move him for an asset as while he has talent, they don't believe he will ever reach his ceiling with his work ethic and attitude. He wants to stay and beleives he can turn it around, we will only take something valuable for him otherwise take the risk on him growing up from the realisation we don't think of highly of him as he does himself.

Mason Cox - Sydney were looking hard at him, met him earlier in the year but the Hickey move has probably made that no longer, sneaky chance late still but they were the only suitor. Have verbally agreed to stretching his contract if he stays, Collingwood and Mason both happy for him to stay but if we can get a future pick and he can get a longer better deal at Sydney both see it as win win. He comes from the US, he understands that Sport is a business more then any other player so while he loves the club, he aint getting paid like this ever again so he's happy if we can move him to a club who can give him more.
    Interesting to hear his contract isn't $900k x 5. If Collingwood are only paying one year, second round pick come on down.

27. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post