Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I was also surprised we didn't go for him.
    Me too

Post Thanks / Like

One list spot available with Sam Lloyd’s retirement. SSP or bank it for mid year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    One list spot available with Sam Lloyd’s retirement. SSP or bank it for mid year?
    Look for a key backman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good news from a list management perspective. Lose a fringe guy in a position we have an abundance of options in and gain a spot to use on a draft class that is likely to have had some very talented players overlooked, oh and you can have some of these guys train with you before picking them up too.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Likes Dry Rot, Grantysghost, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Very good news from a list management perspective. Lose a fringe guy in a position we have an abundance of options in and gain a spot to use on a draft class that is likely to have had some very talented players overlooked, oh and you can have some of these guys train with you before picking them up too.
    If we add McLean to inactive list, it opens up 2 spots to be used either pre-season via the SPP or the mid-season draft.

Hope we're targeting a key defender and a genuine crumbing small forward, the two glaring holes on the list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we add McLean to inactive list, it opens up 2 spots to be used either pre-season via the SPP or the mid-season draft.

Hope we're targeting a key defender and a genuine crumbing small forward, the two glaring holes on the list.
    Ditto.

I can only really think of Sam Durdin as a potential mature KPD who might be worth a shot (delisted by north, good size, former round 1 draftee).
    Otherwise a genuine quick pressure forward (WA just keep producing them, I really wanted Spicer or Winder).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ditto.

I can only really think of Sam Durdin as a potential mature KPD who might be worth a shot (delisted by north, good size, former round 1 draftee).
    Otherwise a genuine quick pressure forward (WA just keep producing them, I really wanted Spicer or Winder).
    What's Jermaine Jones upto?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly the club has identified that as a glaring weakness considering we bid on to NGA prospects in last weeks draft one a key defender and one a small forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I was a bit disappointed to not be one of the clubs that still had a spot open. I am looking forward to trawling through the lists of overlooked players.

Question: Does Sam forfeit his salary, or do you think there was a deal done?

If the latter, we may be stretched for cap room given the reductions, our maxed out list (numbers wise), and the front ending of Treloar’s salary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ditto.

I get the feeling Liberatore might become a small forward who does the inside work in our forward line. We have Wallis smarts and with Hannan maybe West hanging round I’m not sure our forward line has a “glaring hole” at all.
    Williams improves more And I imagine Keath fitting in more after a half arse season learning our game plan.
    Cordy is our one on one back who is honest and reliable I would just like to see him with a bit more meat on him.
    Back line isn’t a huge problem either .
    I think we have a very good list.
    Remember Naughton and Bruce are actually backman as well .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What's Jermaine Jones upto?
    Listed by West Coast
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I was a bit disappointed to not be one of the clubs that still had a spot open. I am looking forward to trawling through the lists of overlooked players.

If the latter, we may be stretched for cap room given the reductions, our maxed out list (numbers wise), and the front ending of Treloar’s salary.
    Surely he's gotten something. Can't imagine we would be too pressed up against the cap in signing two minimum players though.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Surely he's gotten something. Can't imagine we would be too pressed up against the cap in signing two minimum players though.
    We have also saved $160k from the salary cap by having 2 additional rookies rather than primary list players.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Walker was an overlooked Freo NGA (his twin brother was picked up). He tested well at the WA combine finishing, top three for vertical leap off of both feet and fourth for agility. 183cm but plays like a small pressure forward.

Height
    183cm
    Weight
    74kg
    Current Team
    East Fremantle, Western Australia
    Birthday
    October 17, 2002
    Image Credit: Paul Kane/AFL Photos

POSITION: Medium Forward

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Walker is a powerful pressure forward who enjoys the tough stuff and boasts high-level athleticism across the board.” – Michael Alvaro

Fremantle Next Generation Academy (NGA) hopeful, Chris Walker has many traits which would appeal to AFL clubs and remains on the draft radar after a promising top-age campaign. The East Fremantle product has risen through the Sharks’ ranks and Dockers talent program alongside twin brother, Brandon, though Chris is a slightly different player to his smooth-moving sibling. He plies his trade as a medium forward who utilises powerful athleticism to apply punishing defensive pressure and present as an all-action option at half-forward. A neck injury ruled him out for consecutive weeks early in the 2020 WAFL Colts season, but Walker bounced back to produce some late form worthy of a Western Australia draft combine invite. He was also selected for his state’s first Under 18’s All-Stars fixture, but a jaw injury ruled him out of the second a week later. Nonetheless, the 18-year-old Ghanaian native was able to showcase his exciting set of attributes this year and will hope to enter the elite level alongside his brother, a top 30 candidate, come draft time.

STRENGTHS:
    Athleticism
    Vertical leap
    Power/explosiveness
    Defensive pressure

IMPROVEMENTS:
    Durability
    Consistency/production

As far as pressure forwards go, Walker plays the role particularly well and has found a way to make his best traits shine while doing so. He measures up at 183cm and 74kg, but packs a bigger punch than his frame would suggest and is particularly apt in the realm of power-based athleticism. Walker was one of the standout testers at this year’s WA draft combine, registering top 10 nationwide results across all three vertical jumps and the agility test. He also ran a sub-three-second 20m sprint during preseason, confirming his explosive traits.

On-field, Walker utilises these assets in his own unique style. He is usually one to present well from half-forward; either hitting up hard on the lead and winning the resultant contest, or finding space to mark uncontested and quickly move the ball forward. His vertical leap sometimes comes into play as he attempts marks, while his agility and strength come to the fore when play is in motion. Much like his brother, Walker is good at fending opponents off and finding just enough space to then deliver a disposal.

Walker remains relevant on the defensive end too, as he works to terrorise opposition defenders with his tackling pressure. Physicality and intent come into play here, and Walker is not afraid to get his hands dirty when required. It allows him to stay in the game even when he is not seeing too much of the ball in an attacking sense, with an average of 4.1 tackles per his seven Colts games this year indicative of that. That kind of hardness and hunger at the contest is a key trait which clubs look for in small-medium forwards on the precipice, like Walker.

Looking at Walker’s disposal, it is still a touch raw in terms of the complete end product, but is generally good enough to put the ball in good spots inside attacking 50. He averaged a tick under 13 touches this season and managed nearly a goal per game, which is by no means a massive output, but solid given his role. Being able to stay on the park and build a bigger tank to impact even more contests will be a big step in Walker’s development, as he could also sustain his power for longer throughout the contest. It would also make him a more consistent figure overall, with the potential to move away from the tag of being a role player in future.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Rookie

Fremantle is in a bit of a tight spot given its lack of pick depth and the probability that two NGA bids will land within the top 40 selections. Walker will unlikely be one of them, but his ties to the Dockers may see him be taken on as a Category-B rookie should he not yield a bid from another club throughout the National Draft. The Dockers have been keen in terms of taking on their own academy talents, but have also released a bunch of them after little time in the elite system. Walker may get his chance, but could also be one to come back stronger in 2021 and further prove himself with a full season. He garnered enough interest to earn a state combine invite, so other recruiters may also consider him.

19. Thanks bornadog, Mofra thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would imagine he would.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.