Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting take from a Pies fan. Make of this what you will:

Interesting to hear his contract isn't $900k x 5. If Collingwood are only paying one year, second round pick come on down.
    Those things about Treloar are exactly why I'm not overly keen on him. The last thing we need is a midfielder who doesn't defend.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think we'll move on one of Schache / Dale?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Surely we would have heard some rumblings by now, but you never know I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    ... they are frustated as his lack of defensiveness and can't see us winning a premership with someone who only front runs and while he has pace to breakaway his foot skills don't do enough damage to be a purely offensive player ...
    This is a valid take for mine and makes me seriously query whether the investment - not just monetarily but culturally, etc - is simply too big for attributes, leg speed aside, we neither need nor want.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

In all this trading talk, the one area we haven't addressed is another KPD.

What do we do next year? Do we hope Lew Young comes good? Does Trengove stay and be our FB or do we rely on an undersized Cordy or inexperienced Gardner.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope our midfield with the addition of the sprightly Martin and defensive pressure Treloar never lose a clearance ever?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    This is a valid take for mine and makes me seriously query whether the investment - not just monetarily but culturally, etc - is simply too big for attributes, leg speed aside, we neither need nor want.
    Yeah well Dumbkley can't kick and is slow. You can't have everything.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Those things about Treloar are exactly why I'm not overly keen on him. The last thing we need is a midfielder who doesn't defend.
    Never see Martin and Dangerfield defend either and they haven't turned out to bad. Talking to a few Pies supporters and they are shattered.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Never see Martin and Dangerfield defend either and they haven't turned out to bad. Talking to a few Pies supporters and they are shattered.
    Hearing the same. They loved how he could continually find the ball and break away. Rare traits.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

More draft rule changes ...
    By Peter Ryan

Although list sizes are being cut to a minimum of 37 as per Michael Gleeson's report this morning clubs have been told of two shifts in the rules relating to the draft being held in December.

The AFL have reduced the requirement that clubs take three selections at the draft to just one. Most clubs will make more than one pick but several clubs are considering adding one player from the total pool and then using the remaining points to put academy, father-son or NGA graduates on the list.

The second change is that clubs will be able to take selections into the national draft as if the primary list is still at 40. This is important as clubs have had to take as many picks into the draft as they had list spots available but the uncertainty around list sizes left them concerned about what they could do this season. Some clubs also wanted to potentially trade picks on the night so having an extra number would increase liquidity into the system.
    This is a very important change.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah well Dumbkley can't kick and is slow. You can't have everything.
    Naturally, but when the tide turns against us in games as it often dramatically does, are we particularly well served by another one-way mid accused of conditional efforts?

He's not enough of a difference-maker to compensate, for mine.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

That seems very flexible.

Would imagine it's good news for Cavarra, Hayes and Porter who are all out of contract and not yet delisted implying that we are hoping to keep them should the list rules allow. God knows why we are so desperate to keep Porter though.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Naturally, but when the tide turns against us in games as it often dramatically does, are we particularly well served by another one-way mid accused of conditional efforts?

He's not enough of a difference-maker to compensate, for mine.
    How many mids are two way runners in the comp though these days?

There's really not many, which is why if you win the mid battle, you win the game most times.

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect no only because we should have heard some more speculation over the last 2 days.

I'd like to keep Schache but if he is in the Doghouse then maybe a trade should be considered

That has happened to the good old player for player trades?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How many mids are two way runners in the comp though these days?

There's really not many, which is why if you win the mid battle, you win the game most times.
    Think we have somewhere between 0 & 2, depending on your definition of a mid.