Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1817
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Perfect. This means we can sell off pick 26 for multiple later picks (for example Hawthorn who have 45, 46 & 49) and we'll more than cover a bid at pick 1.

So not only do we get access to one of the best kids, we also get to exploit the old loophole to do it. *chef's kiss*
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Mofra, Doc26, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Huge result for us if we want to keep all of Cavarra, Hayes & Duryea. Usually a last second rule change hurts us, but this helps big time if the club wants these guys.

There's 7 players off the main list. There's 3 players on the main list. So there's 4 vacancies with a likely reduction of two p, shrinking list sizes. So right now we have likely two picks, but get to use the equivalent point to Pick 16 without having the spots open. That's massive.

So right now you'd think it's JUH & MacPherson as our two picks. I wonder if we want another pick though.

BAD, please leave the AFEL rule manipulation alone on this one...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Perfect. This means we can sell off pick 26 for multiple later picks (for example Hawthorn who have 45, 46 & 49) and we'll more than cover a bid at pick 1.

So not only do we get access to one of the best kids, we also get to exploit the old loophole to do it. *chef's kiss*
    I wonder if we can (allowed to) trade juicy picks this year, for say equal draft points even, but also get a future pick? Manipulate the hell out of the rule for this year AND strengthen our draft hand next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Wow. Huge result for us if we want to keep all of Cavarra, Hayes & Duryea. Usually a last second rule change hurts us, but this helps big time if the club wants these guys.

There's 7 players off the main list. There's 3 players on the main list. So there's 4 vacancies with a likely reduction of two p, shrinking list sizes. So right now we have likely two picks, but get to use the equivalent point to Pick 16 without having the spots open. That's massive.

So right now you'd think it's JUH & MacPherson as our two picks. I wonder if we want another pick though.

Seems likely we knew this yesterday when we announced just the 3 delistings. My money is on us keeping the other 5 players not officially re-signed now and just taking JUH and MacPherson as you say and perhaps Raak as a category B.

I guess if you are going to have a boring draft at least pick up the best player in it.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Haha, I won't.

BTW, it is on field rules that I am passionate about not changing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic, Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still delist Hayes and take an extra selection to the draft.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to imagine him getting a game next year. Amazed he made the cut so far

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing against Hayes but we do have too many of his like I front of him

What position would we look at , we have a great list , maybe a full back type ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Nothing against Hayes but we do have too many of his like I front of him

What position would we look at , we have a great list , maybe a full back type ?
    Not sure how posters continually say we have a great list?

We finished middle of the road the last two years. Finished in no mans land.

Our forward line and back line is average and our midfield is above average but has it troubles.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Our forward line and back line is average and our midfield is above average but has it troubles.
    The list has potential to be very good but I agree with you, lots of gaps and we're relying on plenty of ifs, buts and maybes.

IF Jamarra becomes a star.

IF English reaches his potential.

IF Young or Gardner can become AFL standard key defenders.

IF Treloar settles into our midfield mix.

IF Bruce can return to his pre-2020 form.

etc etc

MAYBE we become a true premiership contender again.

NONE of those are givens.

Post Thanks / Like

Our list has always looked good on paper and during the offseason that's all we remember as there are no games to remind us just how average and inconsistent some players can be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It felt like keeping Dunkley somehow made us better. Your points are valid.

Post Thanks / Like

During the year the main concerns on our list were:

1. Natural pressuring/crumbing small foward - Haven't addressed
    2. An experienced ruck to help English - Tick
    3. A KPD to go on the giants to free up Keath - Haven't addressed
    4. Speedy mid - Tick

So we've addressed 2 out of 4 and 1 of those only because a certain player fell in our lap. Let's face it, if we didn't get Treloar, our trade period is extremely underwhelming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    During the year the main concerns on our list were:

1. Natural pressuring/crumbing small foward - Haven't addressed
    3. A KPD to go on the giants to free up Keath - Haven't addressed

So we've addressed 2 out of 4 and 1 of those only because a certain player fell in our lap. Let's face it, if we didn't get Treloar, our trade period is extremely underwhelming.
    I'm still hopeful that we have players on the list that can make a good fist at both these roles.

1. I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia jumps out over the pre-season and puts his hand up for this role. I get Dahl vibes from him.
    2. Young is still...young...and has the frame to go with the big guys. Needs to fill out and have a monster pre-season but I hope we back him in and pump some games into him.

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still hopeful that we have players on the list that can make a good fist at both these roles.

1. I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia jumps out over the pre-season and puts his hand up for this role. I get Dahl vibes from him.
    2. Young is still...young...and has the frame to go with the big guys. Needs to fill out and have a monster pre-season but I hope we back him in and pump some games into him.
    I'm hopeful on those two but also mindful not to place too much hope on a kid who hasn't played a single AFL game and another who has been in the system a few years now yet can't get a game in the seniors ahead of Gardner. I do like the look of Garcia and if we can add him and Jamarra to the forward line, suddenly it doesn't look so slow.

It'd also be nice if Weightman can take a leap. I didn't really like what I saw this season but he does look to have that natural goal sense. We're certainly not light on for forward options. We just don't really have anyone decent. We are however quite light on down back. I worry if Keath goes down with an injury we are severly exposed down back. Moreso now with Trengove off the list.