Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I could be wrong, but the only article that indicated all three would play in the same team was Schache in an interview. Bevo never said we would play all three together.
    I can remember him mentioning that they could at some stage BAD.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With North officially going the full rebuild route, maybe it’s time to lure an experienced ruckman ?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    With North officially going the full rebuild route, maybe it’s time to lure an experienced ruckman ?
    No better time like the present.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    For me it says, For how crap Bruce has been, to still get a game, how bad has Schache presented and/or performed for the match committee to step back from their plan to play 3 talls?

I doubt the MC are overjoyed about re-signing Schache, and then him not hitting internal indicators required to actually play him with any regularity.
    Schache has some great AFL qualities, but the one's that aren't at the required level have a lot of improving required I suspect.
    The challenge is up to him to decide if he wants to be an AFL player really.
    I don't think it's linked like that
    Bevo flagged that he had no intention of dropping Bruce and even lowered the bar for him saying (which in fairness he had to) that given the conditions Bruce was bringing the ball to the ground. Not a terrific skill in my opinion. Well conditions were pretty good at Adelaide and he grabbed 4 marks and 11 possessions in a game we dominated in the first half

We can use the above logic for every player selected by the MC and have zero discussion around team selection or the form of the players if you like but playing out of form players week after week should be questioned on a discussion forum
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I get Bruce is completely out of form, but I don't think it's a case that we've let Schache's potential wither on the vine. Schache has shown very little inclination to do the things that even an out of form Bruce is still bringing, desire, physicality, hitting packs, and still demanding opposition attention.
    Schache played 27 games in his first 2 season with Brisbane and then 27 in 2 years for us. We then extended his deal until the end of 2022 and have played him just 2 games this season including one game that was never going to suit him

Last year he kicked 24 goals (in 14 games) and the year before that 17 so I'm convinced he can play and hit the scoreboard

Even if you aren't convinced on Schache are you going to use the same logic with Young and any other player to justify why Bruce is a walk up start with selections and every other player has to prove themselves?

What I am convinced about is form isn't the driving criteria for selection this year
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So Majak Daw has been delisted from Norf. Could he be someone worth considering as a back up on our list. He would be cheap and a back up fir Keith, Gardener and English.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

So Majak Daw has been delisted from Norf. Could he be someone worth considering as a back up on our list. He would be cheap and a back up for Keith, Gardener and English.
    BB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    So Majak Daw has been delisted from Norf. Could he be someone worth considering as a back up on our list. He would be cheap and a back up for Keith, Gardener and English.
    Not sure that's the way to go. We already have Trengove for that.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Not sure that's the way to go. We already have Trengove for that.
    Oh yeah. I forgot as I hadn’t seen him for a while ��
    BB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Schache played 27 games in his first 2 season with Brisbane and then 27 in 2 years for us. We then extended his deal until the end of 2022 and have played him just 2 games this season including one game that was never going to suit him

Last year he kicked 24 goals (in 14 games) and the year before that 17 so I'm convinced he can play and hit the scoreboard

Even if you aren't convinced on Schache are you going to use the same logic with Young and any other player to justify why Bruce is a walk up start with selections and every other player has to prove themselves?

What I am convinced about is form isn't the driving criteria for selection this year
    I certainly think Schache has something to offer but guys his size who don’t play to their size end up reliant on team structure and who else is in the side. He can be really hard to pick from that point of view.

Tend to agree that a comparison with the treatment Bruce has been given doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. Can only guess that Bruce being a proven player they have been prepared to wait for him to come good.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose Schache likes the ball in front and we don't deliver the ball into our forward 50 like that very often. Bruce on the other hand like to hit the packs so may be he is more suited to how we are playing. There will be space for Schache when the likes of Dickson and Lloyd are gone but then again there's JUH.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Cody was listed mid-teens in almost every phantom draft so he pretty much was best available and a player of need when it came to our selection.

Magnificent work ethic you just know he's going to be a player in a year or two. Great selection.
    Yes he wasn't a left field pick. Can't understand all the fuss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I know Cavarra kicked a couple of goals in his last game but I didn't think he was great in terms of effort/impact around the drop of the ball. Yes - one of those goals came from a skilful mark...but to me:
    1/. He shouldn't have been the one marking it.
    2/. When goals > tackles as a small forward you have your focus a little backwards...goals should be the result of pressure, not the result of flukey marks.

I think he would be unlucky to be delisted but I can understand why the coaches have been reluctant to play him.
    Watching Lonie get to the front of contest well last night, you can see why we’re reportedly targeting him.

With retirements & obvious delistings, I hope we give Cav one more year to figure it out
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

17. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I think hes lost a bit of his explosive athleticism with the injury

He is closer to the type that might work for us as he can play backup ruck and key defender

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think hes lost a bit of his explosive athleticism with the injury

He is closer to the type that might work for us as he can play backup ruck and key defender
    Like Pruess or Campbell, spend his footy career in the VFL, remember English will only get better.
    Bring back the biff