Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I just can't see us drafting either McPherson or Raak.
    It will obviously be JUH and then more likely I suspect it could a player who has slid down the order
    Do you think we should chase someone like Jetta, just so JUH has someone to look up to and set the standards required and keep him from developing homesickness?
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Do you think we should chase someone like Jetta, just so JUH has someone to look up to and set the standards required and keep him from developing homesickness?
    JUH is from Framlingham in Victoria and has been in the Melbourne bubble since year 9.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Let JUH create his own legacy and attract other indigenous players. He won't have the "go home" factor as he is a Vic Country boy and resided in Melbourne the past couple of years. He spoke on ABC about his friendship group through the Scotch College Academy with other Indigenous players and how they regularly catch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Let JUH create his own legacy and attract other indigenous players. He won't have the "go home" factor as he is a Vic Country boy and resided in Melbourne the past couple of years. He spoke on ABC about his friendship group through the Scotch College Academy with other Indigenous players and how they regularly catch up.
    JUH in the same side.
    That is music to my ears. Look threats to the Bont and
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I just can't see us drafting either McPherson or Raak.
    It will obviously be JUH and then more likely I suspect it could a player who has slid down the order

From HUN which I don't have access to:

Congrats to Ewan Macpherson.The
    @NthKnights
    co-captain has been nominated by the Western Bulldogs as a father-son pick.
    If no other club drafts him tonight, will be pre-selected as a rookie.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Mofra, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Number 1!
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

So we have 2 primary list/category A rookie spots to fill. It seems MacPherson will fill a rookie spot - what will we do with the other position?

I assume either we take a second rookie today or we leave it open for a possible DFA or undrafted player to be signed at a later date (perhaps after training with us over the pre-season).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    So we have 2 primary list/category A rookie spots to fill. It seems MacPherson will fill a rookie spot - what will we do with the other position?

I assume either we take a second rookie today or we leave it open for a possible DFA or undrafted player to be signed at a later date (perhaps after training with us over the pre-season).
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already somewhere and/or is obvious, but where is Roarke Smith in all of this?

We committed to redrafting him and possibly adding Hayes & Cav to the rookie list - then the next media release confirms we’ve locked in Cav & Hayes as rookies with no mention of Roarke?....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already somewhere and/or is obvious, but where is Roarke Smith in all of this?

We committed to redrafting him and possibly adding Hayes & Cav to the rookie list - then the next media release confirms we’ve locked in Cav & Hayes as rookies with no mention of Roarke?....
    Didn't Roarke re-sign a deal on the main list?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Didn't Roarke re-sign a deal on the main list?
    That’s what I’m assuming, but there’s been no media confirming that (that I’ve seen)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

Completely forgot about Roarke! Yes he will be added either to the primary or rookie list (there has been no clarification of which list that I am aware of and he could be added to either). MacPherson to the rookie list. We may add Raak as a category B rookie. At that will be the end of that, no small forward or key back will be forthcoming unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Completely forgot about Roarke! Yes he will be added either to the primary or rookie list (there has been no clarification of which list that I am aware of and he could be added to either). MacPherson to the rookie list. We may add Raak as a category B rookie. At that will be the end of that, no small forward or key back will be forthcoming unfortunately.
    Honestly why didn’t we go for Winder with our last pick? Nothing against Bedendo but that pick was always hugely speculative. Why not go for needs? Winder filled our small forward needs. We could even have potentially taken Bedendo later instead of persisting with Hayes. Maybe there was go home factor with Winder?

14. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Honestly why didn’t we go for Winder with our last pick? Nothing against Bedendo but that pick was always hugely speculative. Why not go for needs? Winder filled our small forward needs. We could even have potentially taken Bedendo later instead of persisting with Hayes.
    I was also surprised we didn't go for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Re Rookied
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So no MacPherson