Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    His halfway through a 3 year contract.

getting him would only happen if the Roos went the hard rebuild route, something that’s talked about but who knows what they’re doing with that.
    That’s the only way I see too - full rebuild. The issue I think might be his salary, unless North are prepared to pay part of it to free up space I don’t see us parting with anything significant for him. I remember seeing he was around the $800k mark - not sure if that’s his current situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I offer Todd Goldstein a 2 year contract, let him play out his final years in a team that can make finals, and once his contract is up English should be a fully fledged ruck. Having a mature ruck to teach English would be the added benefit.

...and no Josh Dunkley in the ruck anymore.
    While I think it's a good suggestion, if we were to land someone as good as Goldstein I doubt we we would play English as much.
    We need to find English some support not moving him to the 2nd banana role
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes SquirrelGrip, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I think it's a good suggestion, if we were to land someone as good as Goldstein I doubt we we would play English as much.
    We need to find English some support not moving him to the 2nd banana role
    Over the last few years West Coast, Port and now St Kilda have proven a two ruck system can work if they can do something other than ruck. I get what you’re saying about English but he’s so quality that he can be a real asset no matter where we put him, and you can never have too many tall guys who can use the ball. If we can get a good player in to support rather than a ruck for rucks sake it could be a big feature for us.

Ladhams is out of contract, is not the number one ruck and very recently pissed off his club, in a market that takes stuff like that more personally than any other. Let’s ask the question.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Over the last few years West Coast, Port and now St Kilda have proven a two ruck system can work if they can do something other than ruck. I get what you’re saying about English but he’s so quality that he can be a real asset no matter where we put him, and you can never have too many tall guys who can use the ball. If we can get a good player in to support rather than a ruck for rucks sake it could be a big feature for us.

Ladhams is out of contract, is not the number one ruck and very recently pissed off his club, in a market that takes stuff like that more personally than any other. Let’s ask the question.
    When we recruited Bruce we said we could play 3 tall forwards which I don't think we have done much of except a bit when Dunks is rucking. So given I don't think we rate the ruck position that highly I can't see us playing someone like Goldy, who is a pure 100 minute a game type ruckman, and then English in the forward pocket rucking for 5 minutes a quarter. I think this would set Tim back not help him

I think we are very likely to go into next year with a very similar set-up despite the varying results this year.

I'd love to have someone like a Marshall or Ladhams to support English but I doubt we would play both in many games

I think we will continue to use Bruce, Naughton, Dunks and Macrae etc going forward

Post Thanks / Like

When we recruited Bruce we said we could play 3 tall forwards which I don't think we have done much of except a bit when Dunks is rucking. So given I don't think we rate the ruck position that highly I can't see us playing someone like Goldy, who is a pure 100 minute a game type ruckman, and then English in the forward pocket rucking for 5 minutes a quarter. I think this would set Tim back not help him

I think we are very likely to go into next year with a very similar set-up despite the varying results this year.

I'd love to have someone like a Marshall or Ladhams to support English but I doubt we would play both in many games

I think we will continue to use Bruce, Naughton, Dunks and Macrae etc going forward
    What? No Cordy?

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My contention would be to get a guy like Ladhams in and not play Bruce, but you're absolutely right about what we will do.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but agree with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Ladhams is a good call. Competent forward, a mobile ruck who gets the ball and isnt a liability. Whats not to like? His haircut i guess.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree on Ladhams, watched him closely prior to his suspension and he looks a hell of a player for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

His halfway through a 3 year contract.

getting him would only happen if the Roos went the hard rebuild route, something that’s talked about but who knows what they’re doing with that.
    He's been listed as one of their four "untouchables"
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Stephenson reported as "gettable"

A mid-sized forward with real pace? He should suddenly become our no 1 target. Offers genuine class forward of the ball that we've been chasing each year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

A mid-sized forward with real pace? He should suddenly become our no 1 target. Offers genuine class forward of the ball that we've been chasing each year.
    I wonder why he would gettable?

Post Thanks / Like

That is the million dollar question - especially since Collingwood have also struggled to kick a wining score of late.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

I think he is a gun

Off field antics - maybe???
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there off field issues?