Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Gvgjr- please add me to list of woofers who miss BT’s top notch analysis & insightful posts. Wish him well from all the woofers like me who value his contributions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Where is BT?

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Gvgjr- please add me to list of woofers who miss BT’s top notch analysis & insightful posts. Wish him well from all the woofers like me who value his contributions.
    I've been in contact with him today and he is in very good spirits and I let him know there has been a number of people asking about him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks whythelongface thanked for this post
    Likes Max469, Happy Days, chef, DOG GOD, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Unless we drop some defenders if a list reduction occurs we will really be overstocked for back man. You have cleared out a heap of mid sized forwards

We have some hard decisions to make
    I think this also disproportionate to our current list make up. We have a lot of mid size defenders and not too many mid sized forwards.

The issue is our mid sized defenders appear better and more equipped than our mid sized forwards. That could also be because of mjp theory of learning off good players. Such a simple theory but makes 100% sense.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Must Resign –Easton Wood, Taylor Duryea, Will Hayes, Lin Jong, Matt Suckling
    Thought this bit was a bit harsh but then realised you probably meant re-sign? That - makes a world of difference.

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this also disproportionate to our current list make up. We have a lot of mid size defenders and not too many mid sized forwards.

The issue is our mid sized defenders appear better and more equipped than our mid sized forwards. That could also be because of mjp theory of learning off good players. Such a simple theory but makes 100% sense.
    We tried Crozier forward before he settled in defence.
    Given we traded for Crozier and Lloyd, and chased Martin and Wingard, it seems the club are very interested in medium forwards. We need class forward of the ball.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on a couple of names mentioned in here - Zac Williams reportedly wants $800-900K, not sure he's worth that much or if we could fit him in the cap. Atkins is supposedly heading to Gold Coast on a long term deal - if that's 4 or 5 years for a fringe type player they can have him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We tried Crozier forward before he settled in defence.
    Given we traded for Crozier and Lloyd, and chased Martin and Wingard, it seems the club are very interested in medium forwards. We need class forward of the ball.
    That is true.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on our list management for 2020/21 when you get time.

Post Thanks / Like

With Cody Weightman I am likely to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater but if his name was brought up in trade discussions for a player of need we should listen.

Brandon Parfitt (Gee) Likely to stay but we should be asking the question. Hard at it forward / midfielder who likes to tackle
    Can't agree with you Aza on Weightman. 1st year player with a bright future. It would want to be a bloody good offer! Has impressed me more than Cavarra.

Do agree on Parfitt though. He would be a nice fit.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Can't agree with you Aza on Weightman. 1st year player with a bright future. It would want to be a bloody good offer! Has impressed me more than Cavarra.

Do agree on Parfitt though. He would be a nice fit.
    I'm glad you think that Doc because I haven't been quite impressed with him. I probably had too high expectations and for some reason thought he was more "ready to go" than other draftees. He looks very raw. But I like his endeavour. His 'go'. His personality is something we need. I just haven't liked how he's gone about it in his games so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm glad you think that Doc because I haven't been quite impressed with him. I probably had too high expectations and for some reason thought he was more "ready to go" than other draftees. He looks very raw. But I like his endeavour. His 'go'. His personality is something we need. I just haven't liked how he's gone about it in his games so far.
    Without wanting to sound harsh on Cal, Flea spent half his pre-season in the boondocks with Cal Porter who is hardly a senior AFL player with a mountain of experience.
    He's also had no VFL games to work on our running patterns. We've had senior guys coming in cold (hello Dickson) and have little impact, so we need to reduce our expectations on Weightman for this year.

14. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was rumour/talk that the Doggies were keen on Moore from Collingwood. Does he fit what we need?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    There was rumour/talk that the Doggies were keen on Moore from Collingwood. Does he fit what we need?
    Yes there is a need. But I think there is zero chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Moore is going to re-sign at Collingwood and is waiting for whatever the deal with contract extensions is that makes zero sense to be cleared up. He’s said as much a bunch of times.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    God that would be agood pick up if we could get him, his probably Collingwoods best defender
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We rarely play ducks and drakes with our trading intentions - and we've already signalled an intention to target a small pressure forward.
    I'd expect Lonie from the Saints is target no 1, we miss out, and get Bedford from Melbourne as target no 2 who would surely see the writing on the wall after they drafted Kosi.
    Melbourne don't have a first rounder this year and might just be desperate to get back in, so we organise a trade that gives us little to no points deficit with Melbourne handing us multiple picks and Bedford. Being indigenous is a bonus too.

I wonder if we'd ask about Hannan too? Medium forward, ex-Footscray VFL so we'd know him well, and with Dickson out and Lloyd getting to the end we really have Dale and Greene as medium forwards, with Wallis as a 'unique' forward.

I'd like another ruck on the list but who knows if that will happen.