Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well maybe for the good of the team, one has to move?

PS: who is 2MP?
    "2 Metre Peter" Wright from Suns.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter Wright from the Suns
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the situation with Josh Caddy?

Appears to be on the outer at Richmond. Which is a common theme for him - happened at Geelong also.

He seems to be able to play as a medium forward who can take a mark and kick a goal.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Peter Wright from the Suns
    Argh, my suggestion earlier that got shot down by Sedat.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In the lead-in to the Elimination Final, Bevo spoke a number of times about the size of our big men compared to the size of the Saints big men. We are sure to recruit someone 2m+, more than likely for a key position rather than ruck.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce isn't quick and I think we have a preference for the more mobile tall's in the back line so that might mean it's more likely to be Naughton but moving a player who is capable of kicking 50 goals in a season doesn't quite seem right to me

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce isn't quick and I think we have a preference for the more mobile tall's in the back line so that might mean it's more likely to be Naughton but moving a player who is capable of kicking 50 goals in a season doesn't quite seem right to me
    True.

We have played Naughton, Bruce and English up forward, so 2MP, could interchange with English - Ruck/Forward, so maybe we don't move either?

Can Schache be reinvented as a backman, ala Liam Jones

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    In the lead-in to the Elimination Final, Bevo spoke a number of times about the size of our big men compared to the size of the Saints big men. We are sure to recruit someone 2m+, more than likely for a key position rather than ruck.
    It was interesting in what he said, Ryder plays taller than his 197cm height and that they had (was it?) 7 players around that height
    He then said something about they caught us with their pace.
    Perhaps we need to strike a better balance if we can recruit well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Would love Goldy, but a 2021 first round pick for a 32 year old in a team openly telling players to look elsewhere and dying to offload age and salary space so they can begin their very public rebuild?

If Sam power has any negotiation prowess - We take his salary off them for the next 2 years and give them a packet of twisties! Chicken flavour. Snack size.
    Goldy has strongly made it know he wants to be a one club player. Not everyone wants to leave their club.

Post Thanks / Like

True.

We have played Naughton, Bruce and English up forward, so 2MP, could interchange with English - Ruck/Forward, so maybe we don't move either?

Can Schache be reinvented as a backman, ala Liam Jones
    I'd like to think so but I just don't see it. We haven't got a great track record in developing KP players

Sweet, Trengove, Lewis Young and Schache played a combined 4 senior games this season and in a season where the coaches recent comments were about a lack of height. I think this means we will be looking elsewhere to address our needs

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to think so but I just don't see it. We haven't got a great track record in developing KP players

Sweet, Trengove, Lewis Young and Schache played a combined 4 senior games this season and in a season where the coaches recent comments were about a lack of height. I think this means we will be looking elsewhere to address our needs
    I am writing off this season as far as player development is concerned with no VFL.

I can't see a new contract for Trengove, which means we will be desperate for a backup ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Schack did have a number of injuries in the second half of the season. True he was dropped savagely but really never had the time to work on it uninjured and push for a place. The potential plus side with Schack is worth keeping him on, particularly ahead of players like Dale, Gowers, Greene and Lloyd, and with Dicko retired. He's our mobile forward mid who happens to be a lot taller.

Can we find him a mentor who will turn it around for him? Johnno maybe?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

15. Likes bornadog, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Here are the current AFL players 2m+ (courtesy of https://www.zerohanger.com/afl/playe...ee-all-height/). Any takers?

PLAYER HEIGHTS
    6 ft 11 in
    Sam Alabakis, Mason Cox

6 ft 10 in
    Jarrod Witts, Max Gawn, Ned Reeves

6 ft 9 in
    Rory Lobb, Sam Naismith, Braydon Preuss, Zac Smith, Darcy Cameron, Timothy English, Michael Knoll, Oscar McInerney

6 ft 8 in
    Austin Bradtke, Jonathon Ceglar, Darcy Fort, Eric Hipwood, Lachlan Keeffe, Harry McKay, Ivan Soldo, Kieran Strachan, Tom De Koning, Sam Draper, Brodie Grundy, Sam Hayes, Scott Lycett, Lloyd Meek, Darcy Moore, Jordon Sweet, Peter Wright, Tom Bellchambers, Nick Bryan, Sean Darcy, Ben King, Max King, Peter Ladhams, Reilly O'Brien, Marc Pittonet

6 ft 7 in
    Harris Andrews, Tom Campbell, Levi Casboult, Todd Goldstein, Tom Hickey, Rowan Marshall, Ben McKay, Nic Naitanui, Alex Pearce, Andrew Phillips, Tristan Xerri, Ryan Abbott, Connor Ballenden, Kieren Briggs, Ben Brown, Jake Carlisle, Mabior Chol, Callum Coleman-Jones, Joe Daniher, Sam DeKoning, Charlie Dixon, Matthew Flynn, Billy Frampton, Tom Fullarton, Sam Jacobs, Callum Jamieson, Josh Jenkins, Matthew Kreuzer, Max Lynch, Ben McEvoy, Jordan Roughead, Callum Sinclair, Rhys Stanley, Rory Thompson, Nathan Vardy

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand feet and inches anymore.

As Rocco says, just because they are tall, doesn't mean they can play. We need to really vett who we chase.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand feet and inches anymore.

As Rocco says, just because they are tall, doesn't mean they can play. We need to really vett who we chase.
    So 6 ft 7in is just over 200cm. Based on what Bevo says and our lack of height, let's vet from this list of players over 200cm. Is Alex Pearce an option?