Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

I'm still big on Goldstein. Just think he'd do wonders for English's development and is mobile enough that we can play both in the same side.

North should be in full rebuild mode, so it makes sense for them to move him on now (like we did with Lake).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm still big on Goldstein. Just think he'd do wonders for English's development and is mobile enough that we can play both in the same side.

North should be in full rebuild mode, so it makes sense for them to move him on now (like we did with Lake).
    North have come out and said he is untouchable. Which probably means, you will need to pony up bigtime to get him.

We don't have draft picks, what players would you offer North?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    North have come out and said he is untouchable. Which probably means, you will need to pony up bigtime to get him.

We don't have draft picks, what players would you offer North?
    I'd give up a draft pick for 2021, second round.

I'd also put McLean, Lipinski and Richards on the table and see if a deal can be made around any one of them. I'd also consider taking Polec (though I don't rate him much) in a bundle deal to help them dump some salary cap.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd give up a draft pick for 2021, second round.

I'd also put McLean, Lipinski and Richards on the table and see if a deal can be made around any one of them. I'd also consider taking Polec (though I don't rate him much) in a bundle deal to help them dump some salary cap.
    Why? For a washed up ruckman? That makes no sense at all. You are better off asking Will Minson back to the club as the ruck coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed up? He’s had a great year and the on field and off field benefits of having an experienced, quality ruckman would have positive ramifications for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

They’d want us to either take a large portion of his wage or they pony up and we give up an early pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Why? For a washed up ruckman? That makes no sense at all. You are better off asking Will Minson back to the club as the ruck coach.
    Goldstein’s playing great footy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree, he will be 33 next year. No way I would pay overs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was quite impressed with Bobby Hill last night. Pace and skill are most welcome to walk through the doors at the kennel.

Assuming he is on a standard 2 year contract and would be out of contract at the end of this year?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I was quite impressed with Bobby Hill last night. Pace and skill are most welcome to walk through the doors at the kennel.

Assuming he is on a standard 2 year contract and would be out of contract at the end of this year?
    Yeah I thought he looked ok too Sedat. Would certainly bring that spark and X factor to our team. Skills looked good too.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Nope. Signed till end of 2022. Has been discussion on him on other threads. He signed a long term deal last year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sydney Stack anyone?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon he's the perfect player to get a two year deal and a coaching deal thereafter on the table for.

He's technically excellent, seems well enough liked and can cover a huge amount of ground and will be able to for the next couple of years unless something catastrophic happens to him.

North need to move on from him and get what they can, they're getting worse so it's highly unlikely he'll play finals with them from here. It makes sense for all parties.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I reckon he's the perfect player to get a two year deal and a coaching deal thereafter on the table for.

He's technically excellent, seems well enough liked and can cover a huge amount of ground and will be able to for the next couple of years unless something catastrophic happens to him.

North need to move on from him and get what they can, they're getting worse so it's highly unlikely he'll play finals with them from here. It makes sense for all parties.
    I was keen a couple of years ago when he was having some personal issues, and it was clearly affecting his form.
    I think that was the best time to try and nab him. Think we've missed thst boat and I reckon he'd be keen to finish his career with North.
    Having said that given our ruck issues we'd be derelict in our duties if we didn't give his management a wave this off season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Haven't North publicly stated he's one of the blokes not for sale too?