Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

I've had a really slow night at work so I'll sum up what I've read and seen from various sources, facebook pages, discord servers, forums and chat rooms:

Confirmed requesting trade to Dogs:
    Mitch Hannan

Dogs have inquired about and been told no:
    Todd Golestein
    Tom Phillips
    Lewis Melican
    Charlie Spargo
    Sam Simpson

Dogs have inquired and are still talking to:
    Jayden Laverde
    Jack Gunston
    Tom McDonald
    Darcy MacPherson
    Mason Cox

Dogs players confirmed leaving:
    Lachie Young

Bullshit media hype stories:
    Josh Dunkley

Clubs very interested in our first round pick:
    Adelaide
    Hawthorne

Also have it on two separate sources that Esava Ratugoleas manager has a meeting with Sam this week to see what we can offer for him. Hopefully this has saved some people some mindless web surfing.
    Last edited by Vred; 28-10-2020 at 06:40 AM. Reason: formatting
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    We will regret losing Young in my view.
    I think so as well but all may not be lost
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes to Gunston. Agreed - Bullshit media hype stories: Josh Dunkley and yes to Esava Ratugoleas who at 22 has a huge upside. Mason Cox - what planet are we on ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Yes to Gunston. Agreed - Bullshit media hype stories: Josh Dunkley and yes to Esava Ratugoleas who at 22 has a huge upside. Mason Cox - what planet are we on ?
    Lots of conflicting reports on where we are with Mason Cox talk, some people reporting meetings with management, others saying a flat out no. Unsure, I don't want him so I hope we don't go down that path.
    Gunston will be a hard pick up, Hawks won't let him go easily, Dogs want him from a leadership perspective, Dogs in general are looking for proven leaders to help Bont out.
    Dunkley I'm 99% confident will tell Essenton to walk.

Esava Ratugoleas is young and huge upsides, watched a lot of Geelong games this year, I think he'd fit in very well and could develop into a very good 1-2 Duo with English.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We desperately need TRUE forwards, so we should be absolutely asking the question about Gunston, Breust and Mihoceck.

Esava fits the MC mindset so I’m hoping that comes to fruition.

Big fat no to mason cox. Could not imagine him and Bruce in that 50....god no.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    We desperately need TRUE forwards, so we should be absolutely asking the question about Gunston, Breust and Mihoceck.

Esava fits the MC mindset so I’m hoping that comes to fruition.

Big fat no to mason cox. Could not imagine him and Bruce in that 50....god no.
    Esava is absolutely terrible and the worst of ALL mentioned options.

8. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hearing that Corr to Norf is not as sewn up as expected and we are getting in his ear...

Could be a bit to play out.

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Hearing that Corr to Norf is not as sewn up as expected and we are getting in his ear...

Could be a bit to play out.
    I haven't paid that much attention to Corr, is he worth going after? Seemed a bit vanilla... but our back half needs a bit of reliable vanilla.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I haven't paid that much attention to Corr, is he worth going after? Seemed a bit vanilla... but our back half needs a bit of reliable vanilla.
    Decent one on one and a tidy kick (usually takes their kick outs). Probably an upgrade on Cordy, and i think is big enough to take the main guys. Hardly an inspiring target but I do think from what I've seen he could be value for money assuming you get him for an average wage.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Esava is absolutely terrible and the worst of ALL mentioned options.
    He’s been average the games I’ve seen but at 22-23 surely he has some upside left. As I said he fits the MC mindset. Personally I’d prefer Goldy, but no way is Bevo etc going with that. You’d prefer Cox TBB ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    He’s been average the games I’ve seen but at 22-23 surely he has some upside left. As I said he fits the MC mindset. Personally I’d prefer Goldy, but no way is Bevo etc going with that. You’d prefer Cox TBB ?
    I agree Esava fits the flexibility mantra, but he's not actually any good at either role. I get he's young and could improve, but I just don't see what he brings besides athleticism. If he was good, Geelong would play him every week given they've had their own issues with ruck / second forward for several years. He's basically Majak Daw pre injury.

I like Cox as a cheaper, mature, know-what-you-get option but it doesn't sound likely to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Esava fits the flexibility mantra, but he's not actually any good at either role. I get he's young and could improve, but I just don't see what he brings besides athleticism. If he was good, Geelong would play him every week given they've had their own issues with ruck / second forward for several years. He's basically Majak Daw pre injury.

I like Cox as a cheaper, mature, know-what-you-get option but it doesn't sound likely to happen.
    Sav is very athletic, but is Michael Gardiner with less football IQ. He will frustrate the hell out of us.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Decent one on one and a tidy kick (usually takes their kick outs). Probably an upgrade on Cordy, and i think is big enough to take the main guys. Hardly an inspiring target but I do think from what I've seen he could be value for money assuming you get him for an average wage.
    North were picking him up for a reported $600k for 4-5 years. That's crazy money for us to pay on a marginal upgrade on Cordy at best.

Personally, I'd like us to wither take someone who can release Keath to play more of an intercept role or we take noone at all.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    North were picking him up for a reported $600k for 4-5 years. That's crazy money for us to pay on a marginal upgrade on Cordy at best.

Personally, I'd like us to wither take someone who can release Keath to play more of an intercept role or we take noone at all.
    I agree, we need someone who can take the Hawkins/Dixon/king types...a Dougal Howard clone would be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminded again today that Fergus Greene has been on the list for 4 years and played 5 games, all in 2018 and Brad Lynch has been on the list for 5 years, played 9 games all in 2018.

9 years combined for 14 games, all occuring in one season.

That is legendary eker status and neither of them are over 200cm!

Absolute list management insanity.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD, SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog liked this post