Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Didn't our vice captain get wankered and drive, wreck about six cars, flee the scene and involve two team mates in the process?

How does that rate in the scheme of things?
    Make no mistake, the boys on the Gold Coast did something that jeopardises the whole of the competition. There are strict rules in the Hubs, and the QLD government have been very accommodating but want everyone to follow the rules.

Yes Hunters case is bad but different situation as it had no repercussions on the whole of the AFL.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    On-field, Stack is exactly the style of player we need. Explosive, strong defensive pressure, fleet of foot. It just highlights the balance of football needs versus human needs. We seem to have got the human side right since 2016.
    I'd definitely take Stack.

From what I've heard, he's not actually a trouble maker, maybe just immature.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes SquirrelGrip, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Make no mistake, the boys on the Gold Coast did something that jeopardises the whole of the competition. There are strict rules in the Hubs, and the QLD government have been very accommodating but want everyone to follow the rules.

Yes Hunters case is bad but different situation as it had no repercussions on the whole of the AFL.
    I was more commenting on the notion that we've gotten the human side of things right since 2016, though you could easily make an argument that 2017 was bad, 2018 things seemed to have gotten better and carried on that trend in 2019, but this year we've had one of our players have an absolute shocker.

What we don't know about is what we haven't heard about, and I guess things can happen at any club and you've only got things right personnel and player welfare wise until you don't.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was more commenting on the notion that we've gotten the human side of things right since 2016, though you could easily make an argument that 2017 was bad, 2018 things seemed to have gotten better and carried on that trend in 2019, but this year we've had one of our players have an absolute shocker.

What we don't know about is what we haven't heard about, and I guess things can happen at any club and you've only got things right personnel and player welfare wise until you don't.
    Sorry, didn't mean to go off track.

I think we have got things right internally from what we have seen. There is always something that happens at club level that we are not told about. On the Hunter incident, well, he had some issues with his fiance and drank to much. I am not fussed about it, compared to a lot of things that happen and it has been dealt with, so please don't at him.

As you know in any club, especially with 45 players there is always going to be a few idiots about and it must be hard to keep them all disciplined and focused.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a report that there are whispers about Michael Walters wanting out at Freo. Has been shot down by his manager but...

Um. Yes please.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Saw a report that there are whispers about Michael Walters wanting out at Freo. Has been shot down by his manager but...

Um. Yes please.
    God yeah.

Post Thanks / Like

Freo looks like they are really going to have a high turnover of players...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Um. Yes please.
    The exact type of player we need.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Edit: we are being linked to O’Hallaran from the giants. Bombers, lions and cats also interested. Multiple clubs doesn’t ever end well for us but he has bulldogs links and we were keen on him in his draft year

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: we are being linked to O’Hallaran from the giants. Bombers, lions and cats also interested. Multiple clubs doesn’t ever end well for us but he has bulldogs links and we were keen on him in his draft year
    well in this case I think we would have to be a chance. If he wants to return to Vic that rules out the Lions. Would Essendon be an attractive destination unless they are offering big $$? That leaves Geelong who have a deep experienced midfield for him to try and crack into. That leaves us and he's a Western Suburbs boy. I think we would be a good chance.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

What's O'Halloran's trade value - second round pick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What's O'Halloran's trade value - second round pick?
    I think they would be lucky to get that. Our 3rd (not the Crows one we have) seems fair. This is loosely based on the Bonar depreciation scale.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I'd normally be right into bringing a player like O'Halloran to the kennel but if he can't crack it for games at GWS given some of their injuries and with list spots very likely to be tight and that we already have some other priorities how do we squeeze him in?
    With players like Hately and Caldwell they have some point of difference where O'Halloran is more of your good all round player perhaps without the hurt factor

I'm all for adding him into our list but I just wonder how we can do it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd normally be right into bringing a player like O'Halloran to the kennel but if he can't crack it for games at GWS given some of their injuries and with list spots very likely to be tight and that we already have some other priorities how do we squeeze him in?
    With players like Hately and Caldwell they have some point of difference where O'Halloran is more of your good all round player perhaps without the hurt factor

I'm all for adding him into our list but I just wonder how we can do it
    Is he like Lipinski?