Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 64 of 122 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What benefit do they get by bidding? Is it just incase we don't match?
    I like this article which says (and gives reasons why) the Cows should bid on Campbell rather than JUH.

https://breakinglines.substack.com/p...ows-poker-face
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Thanks bornadog, jeemak, Sedat, Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I like this article which says (and gives reasons why) the Cows should bid on Campbell rather than JUH.

Thanks for that, excellent analysis.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool article. Will be very interesting to see what Crows do here. I’m wondering if we mentioned about trading pick 12 to them for some later picks, IF they didn’t place a bid. North haven’t been known to bid on academy players, so the longer it goes, the less points it will cost.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I was thinking back to Ratugolea. I don't really rate him, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable with trading him in to do specifically this, but is there any merit in playing him as a tall defender?

He has the size and athleticism to go with anyone, is aggressive in the air and is definitely more physical than any of Gardner, Cordy and Young. I'm not at all sold on it but do think he could develop in the role as the main stopper. I mean if Liam Jones can do it despite being useless at ground level then why not Esava?
    A lot of Cats supporters don't rate Esava either. They don't believe he has that toughness in him nor the smarts. I would like it if he was more physical than Cordy. I think your under playing the physicality in Cordy. Jury out for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Cool article. Will be very interesting to see what Crows do here. I’m wondering if we mentioned about trading pick 12 to them for some later picks, IF they didn’t place a bid. North haven’t been known to bid on academy players, so the longer it goes, the less points it will cost.
    Dear north, we'll let Lachie Young walk to you for nothing. Just a little favour...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes DOG GOD, Doc26, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Dear north, we'll let Lachie Young walk to you for nothing. Just a little favour...
    Is there any precedent as yet whereby the AFL has inhibited this scenario from occurring? If not, I suspect their eyes will be all over us. It has connotations of the Veale deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Is there any precedent as yet whereby the AFL has inhibited this scenario from occurring? If not, I suspect their eyes will be all over us. It has connotations of the Veale deal.
    The better scenario is a Shane Biggs like trade that acknowledges that the player has more opportunities at another club and a late swap of picks to achieve that
    For all we know, North and many other clubs might rate Logan McDonald or host of other players ahead of Ugle-Hagan

Club statement writes itself. "We were planning on using Lachie Young as a 3rd tall forward in the 2021 season but after the trade for Mitch Hannan we realised that opportunities for Young were significantly reduced. We canvassed other teams but realised that North presented the best opportunity for Young so we did what we could to facilitate the trade. We thank Young for his service and we wish him well and hope he has a long career with North"
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinister.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of Hollands?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Schultz is still out of contract at Freo. Small forward (178cm), Bendigo Pioneers/Williamstown boy, good tackler, pacy enough and a natural crumber with 24 games already in him so past that initial stage of development. He played every game for Freo this year so you have to assume if he hasn't signed yet he must be considering offers elsewhere, I really hope we are one of the clubs talking to him. I've really liked him in the games I have seen him play this year.

Brett Bewley is another Freo guy still out of contract after playing almost all season. Nice left foot kick, hard running link up winger. Not super quick but I think he could be a decent option to fill that wing role we have struggled with, and would cost very little. At worst he would be a better depth option than the likes of Hayes imo.
    Last edited by soupman; 30-10-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes azabob, Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is correct here - Happydays would be a fan. He is also a North fan so may know something.

IF ...

you don't secure a back-up ruck option for English in the Trade Period ...
    THEN ...

season 2021 will end the same way as the past two – good enough to make finals but not win one. Still reckon English is going to be elite, but that that moment won’t arrive for up to another three years. Would be silly to not ask the question of Goldstein.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What ruck options are there? Goldy looks set to stay, Stef Martin is gettable but looked cooked unless we want to manage him and roll him out only every second week.
    Hayes at Port is even more raw than English, Hickey and Preuss already have new teams just pending trade week (Sydney & GWS).

The only one I can see is Ryan Abbott as a DFA but he's 29 and I thought Bevo ruled that out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

What ruck options are there? Goldy looks set to stay, Stef Martin is gettable but looked cooked unless we want to manage him and roll him out only every second week.
    Hayes at Port is even more raw than English, Hickey and Preuss already have new teams just pending trade week (Sydney & GWS).

The only one I can see is Ryan Abbott as a DFA but he's 29 and I thought Bevo ruled that out.
    Pretty much just leaves Cox.
    I still reckon we will play a similar style next year and hope that English improves again, with him as our main man, and use Bruce, Bont and Jong (if he’s there).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Pretty much just leaves Cox.
    I still reckon we will play a similar style next year and hope that English improves again, with him as our main man, and use Bruce, Bont and Jong (if he’s there).
    Still need a backup ruck if Trengove goes?

Can't just have Sweet, a rookie who hasn't even played one game.

19. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still need a backup ruck if Trengove goes?

Can't just have Sweet, a rookie who hasn't even played one game.
    In all honesty Bornadog, it would not surprise me. Trengove may has well not have been on the list this year as he wasn’t utilised at all in the ruck position. I can’t see Bevo just getting someone for the sake of it. English/Bruce/Sweet I think will be the way in 2021